Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite Burst Rifle?

CrazyCatLad

Sybaris is just perfect in my eyes and the critical rate......oh such a lovely late-game primary. Tiburon is alright but it just looks like they put clay on Latron and I didn't like that to be honest. Sybaris just looks so goof and feels like a repeater rifle if only it had duplex-auto as a trigger option.

Some quick basics about these burst weapons.

Hind - Currently it's really underpowered and you'll cap out in system (high 20s without forma). Additionally it fires 5 at a time, which is great if you are used to that gameplay and bad if you can't handle tactically spraying a crowd or landing all 5 shots in a heavy enemy. I wouldn't invest a whole lot of forma into this unless you are just dead set on using it for funsies. Nuthin wrong with funsies. The hind has seen better days. Let's hope for a buff maybe on one of the stats, such as status.

Burston - Use and move on to either BP, Tiberon or Sybaris

Each of the weapons below have their own ups and downs.

Burston Prime - Harder to acquire through grinding missions. If you want to purchase the parts, that's fine, but you'll need the plat to trade with, or get lucky and have a clan member give you parts or run you for them. High status means, go elemental and status on this guy. Overall, I didn't like it very much, but many many do enjoy it a lot. A very effective rifle, but expect to put a lot of forma into it.

Tiberon - Mastery rank 4, requires a forma and a Latron, but low mastery req, bp is purchasable in market and no clan tech required. Good mid-tier to low high-tier weapon. Extremely versatile. Higher base damage than the Burston Prime, lower status chance by far. This weapon is a versatile rifle, with the ability to use both as quick snipe and crowd controller. Easily handles most mobs without a forma, up to level 30ish depending on the build in 1-2 trigger pulls. Expect to drop at least 2 forma into this for higher end gameplay.

Sybaris - Mastery 5, Tenno Lab required. Also requires a forma to build. A two shotter, so you better be dead on. More of a high crit, builder that I would use (I WOULD USE) to take out larger targets. Less of a crowd control option on it. At 10 rounds base, that's 5 trigger pulls versus 30 or 45 base on the T and BP.

Edited by Janzer

Burston prime for sure. I tried out the tiberon first and I hate it. I got my burston p today and already have 2 forma in it. It's not as accurate as the tiberon but the way it fires is just like the sicarus. Aim for the chest and end up with a head shot <333 my new favorite gun. Plus those procs op

I think my favourite would still have to be the Sybaris, there's just something about those sounds... especially the reload. Though that's probably the only (well, that and a maxed Fast Hands) thing making the reloads bearable ;). Of course, as a sufferer of ERS (Early Reload Syndrome) who am I kidding, I'd be reloading that often anyway (I wish there was a latron with half the mag size and half the reload time...).

I do like most of the higher(ish) tier burst weapons though (not so much of a fan of the Hind or Kraken, and I've never used a non-prime Siccarus).

The Burston Prime is a great gun, but it's balanced around being pretty spammy, which might not be such a problem, except that I have a hard time clicking that fast on it with the softer firing sound. It really has the right sort of look for the tight corridor fights we ge into though, very compact and manoeuvrable.

I've been having a lot fun with the Tiberon lately too, it has a nice firerate with Shred, not too spammy, not too slow. The reloads are a bit long (though the animation is nifty), and I go back and forth on the zoom. Sometimes it's nice for pulling off long range head shots, but most of the time I find it's a bit more than is beneficial. I think I'd kind of like to see a cut down Tiberon carbine with BP zoom levels... of course Warframe isn't that kind of shooter, but still, a girl can dream ;).

All this burst weapon rhapsodizing has reminded me of how bummed I was when the Pyranna turned out to be a pocket shotgun rather than the sidearm companion to the Sybaris. I was hoping it would be sort of a Marelok/Grinlok thing, not so much the power creep, but I'd sure take the reduced reload time and increased firerate. I've been thinking lately though that a really good Kraken Wraith might fit the bill. If you shaved off more than a second from the reload and tightened up the time between rounds in the burst along with some combination of increased damage, status, or crit you'd actually have a pretty nice gun... Of course you can probably imagine how much the forums would whinge if we got that as an event reward, but that just adds to the appeal really ;).

Well, the only two burst rifles I have are the Sybaris and the Tiberon, so I can hardly give an informed opinion...

But I gotta echo what other Sybaris fans are sayin'. The sounds are great, the weapon looks like an Old Western style repeater rifle, and it is wonderfully accurate. With punch-through it's... beautiful. I like how bows feel, but I'm not very accurate with them and the wind-up time reduces their effectiveness against mobs. With the Sybaris, I just point and click, point and click, and things fall like rain. And then that beastly reload. And back we go to the killing fields...

Tiberon is simply overpowered compared to the rest of the Burst rifles.

Tiberon is the Karak of Burst Guns.

only has Damage. nothing else.

if i didn't despise Burst Weapons, Tiberon would not be what i choose for more serious play.

Tiberon performs fairly well though, despite having nothing but Damage.

-snip-

I actually go Sybaris/Pyrana combo when ever I use sybaris they are great compliments for one another kinda how I did OP Cryotic. Just blasting my way through corpus with pyrana and bursting down the heavy foes with sybaris. All I need now is pariah frame and maybe a Tenno whip and I can be space cowboy. Though swindle loki does the trick.

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

Tiberon has more damage per shot, but the burston prime has more fire rate than you can possibly click. Burston Prime is apt for a status build with its base chance of 15%, it can easily be raised so that at least one bullet procs per burst. It also has a higher magazine and slightly faster load times. 

The worst thing against the Burston is that pew-pew-pew. Sounds like a Nerf gun. 

Tiberon has more damage per shot, but the burston prime has more fire rate than you can possibly click. Burston Prime is apt for a status build with its base chance of 15%, it can easily be raised so that at least one bullet procs per burst. It also has a higher magazine and slightly faster load times. 

The worst thing against the Burston is that pew-pew-pew. Sounds like a Nerf gun. 

Hardly.

Base fire rate of 10, and one click for 3 shots, that's 3.3 clicks per second without modding.

I average around 5 clicks per second over 26 seconds, but over 5, it was closer to 6.5. More then enough.

Edited by Warriorrogue