Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Enter Radio Chatter Contest Nuuuuuuuuuuu :(

Somedude1000

I took a  look at IGNs rules after someone posted part of them, then this; 

This contest is open to all individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the district of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) Employees of the Sponsor(s) and its affiliates, and immediate family members of such employees, are not eligible to enter.  All previous winners of any contest sponsored by IGN during the nine (9) month period prior to the Selection Date are not eligible to enter. By entering the Contest you agree to abide by and be bound by all the rules and terms and conditions stated herein and all decisions of IGN, which shall be final and binding. "

Since I am neither 18 years old, nor a resident of the United States / Canada I can't join T_T

Should I still try submitting for the lolz? >.>

IGN really doesn't like Tenno from around the world, but I guess there must be some reason for this to happen

Edited by Somedude1000

Guys. They said they were gonna record 5 new lines. I can only assume, they want US/Canada residents only, because the winners are probably going to DE studios to get their voices recorded over there. It'd be much cheaper to bring in US/Canada residents to their state, than people from over seas.

That said, I'm only assuming. With logic.

Guys. They said they were gonna record 5 new lines. I can only assume, they want US/Canada residents only, because the winners are probably going to DE studios to get their voices recorded over there. It'd be much cheaper to bring in US/Canada residents to their state, than people from over seas.

Well to me Logic dictates they are going to use the uploaded clip as the base for the transmission, you know like the exmaples showed. It's just IGN being their usual fecal matter selves.

*sigh* DE why did you have to affiliate with these guys for something like this?

Well to me Logic dictates they are going to use the uploaded clip as the base for the transmission, you know like the exmaples showed. It's just IGN being their usual fecal matter selves.

*sigh* DE why did you have to affiliate with these guys for something like this?

I seriously doubt they would use potentially S#&$ quality recordings from headset microphones and what not.

I assume the reasons are of legal matter. I'm not into lawyery stuff, but the same situation was seen on several contests on the Internet communities, including deviantArt and such.

1.As per contest announcement:
"Preselected lines must be raw so we can effectively process them on our end:"

Thus I assume, for a submission to win it needs to be of proper quality to begin with.

2.The "only residents of US and Canada (excluding Quebec?)" thing is an IGN's rule, not DE's. They don't need to invite anyone to their studio just to record some misc voice lines, that's simply impractical. DE have no reason to deny participants from overseas, IGN do.

Edited by Artarrwen

I assume the reasons are of legal matter. I'm not into lawyery stuff, but the same situation was seen on several contests on the Internet communities, including deviantArt and such.

1.As per contest announcement:

"Preselected lines must be raw so we can effectively process them on our end:"

Thus I assume, for a submission to win it needs to be of proper quality to begin with.

2.The "only residents of US and Canada (excluding Quebec?)" thing is an IGN's rule, not DE's. They don't need to invite anyone to their studio just to record some misc voice lines, that's simply impractical. DE have no reason to deny participants from overseas, IGN do.

Didn't even see that on the announcement.

Well yeah then, faith in humanity gone to the basement. Just IGN being assnuggets yet again.

Edited by SHIR0B0N