Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Very Sarcastic Or Just Appreciative?

Nyrakav

Any time there is an update that is far under-par 75% of the posts read "THANK YOU SOO MUCH DE!" and the other quarter are people criticizing  the "update"; however, the people who post these comments are either shunned beyond reason or the comments are removed as "spam" or "Flame-bait" or are people just way to appreciative? Yes, I realize the folks at DE work hard for us and I should and DO appreciate the work, but when all we get in a week is a hotfix that fixes 1 or 2 minor bugs that could've been put on the backlog and attached to a bigger update, I can't help but feel let down.

*Prepares to get torn a new one*

Edited by -Himari-
Edited title for clarity, no need to call anyone a "suck-up"

Metacomplaint is meta.

Edit: also, people care about different things. Just because you don't feel satisfied with a bugfix doesn't mean someone else can't be satisfied. 

But I don't see how someone could be satisfied with an update the doesn't affect hardly anything in the game, this most recent update being the exception .

But I don't see how someone could be satisfied with an update the doesn't affect hardly anything in the game, this most recent update being the exception .

All the recent nat and directx bugs were preventing people from playing. Even if those were very minor to the majority of the playerbase, the people who weren't able to play were probably happy it was fixed.

Or maybe they main Torid (god, I hope nobody mains Torid) and they're happy the clouds can crit now. 

Or a dozen other reasons. 

All the recent nat and directx bugs were preventing people from playing. Even if those were very minor to the majority of the playerbase, the people who weren't able to play were probably happy it was fixed.

Or maybe they main Torid (god, I hope nobody mains Torid) and they're happy the clouds can crit now. 

Or a dozen other reasons. 

Those weren't updates for the week though, they were hotfixes, great hotfixes at that; what I'm complaining about is when an update that is supposed to add content to the game is only bug fixes.

so... your bone to pick is that Bugs shouldn't be fixed ASAP and should wait for larger updates?

i'd rather they get fixed ASAP. because that's the right way to develop software.

Edit:

and i'd prefer content to be released when it's ready rather than on a set deadline.

Edited by taiiat

Those weren't updates for the week though, they were hotfixes, great hotfixes at that; what I'm complaining about is when an update that is supposed to add content to the game is only bug fixes.

Which update in particular are we referring to here?

Which update in particular are we referring to here?

Updates prior to 14.8 and so on. Say it's Wednesday, people are excited for for a new weapon or game type or tile set, then DE releases 14.8.1 "We fixed some very minor annoyances" then most are let down. An analogy a friend of mine came up with was "It's like an abusive parent, they'll beat their child and expect them to say 'thank you' after words."

Updates prior to 14.8 and so on. Say it's Wednesday, people are excited for for a new weapon or game type or tile set, then DE releases 14.8.1 "We fixed some very minor annoyances" then most are let down. An analogy a friend of mine came up with was "It's like an abusive parent, they'll beat their child and expect them to say 'thank you' after words."

Okay, that comparison is just offensive. Come on now.

I just went back and looked at all the 14.5-14.7 build notes, as I assume those are the ones you're talking about. I'm not really sure what you're complaining about, all of them are full of fixes. 

Are you saying you want every update to include new content?

Okay, that comparison is just offensive. Come on now.

I just went back and looked at all the 14.5-14.7 build notes, as I assume those are the ones you're talking about. I'm not really sure what you're complaining about, all of them are full of fixes. 

Are you saying you want every update to include new content?

Saying that makes me sound narcissistic, but yes. A hotfix fixing said minor bugs after a Content update would be in order. I love this game, and nothing would make me stop playing, but a steady stream of content like we've had from updates 10-13 is what keeps me and many other players interested. I have seen people come and go for the past year and 7 or so months I've been playing for the game being "too grindy" and so on. I realize this post does make me sound like an A-hole but I felt this needed to be said.

EDIT: The weekly updates adding new weapons or dojo items or whatever it adds is what keeps interest.

Edited by Nyrakav

you mean afterwards.  and that's a stupid analogy.  has nothing to do with anything.

The way I see it, any complaints you have regarding an update should be directed here, not in the patch notes thread.

The patch notes thread should be general comments about the update and, expressions of gratitude. Whether you love the game or hate it, you can't deny that the devs clearly put a *lot* of time into the constant updates in this game, and a "thank you for your time" isn't inappropriate.

It's just manners.

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread. Sorry OP, you sound like an impatient child.

Edited by AM-Bunny

So thanking people for their hard work and fixing potentially game-breaking bugs is something you QUESTION?

...Why?

Those "minor bugs" took a week to resolve when added onto the fact that DE is working on several larger projects simultaneously. Are you saying that when bugs have been fixed the update with said bugfixes shouldn't be released? And if so, WHY?

Edited by fishworshipper

The way I see it, any complaints you have regarding an update should be directed here, not in the patch notes thread.

The patch notes thread should be general comments about the update and, expressions of gratitude. Whether you love the game or hate it, you can't deny that the devs clearly put a *lot* of time into the constant updates in this game, and a "thank you for your time" isn't inappropriate.

It's just manners.

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread. Sorry OP, you sound like an impatient child.

I realize that, but people praise DE like they're some sort of Egyptian deity. And yes I realize how childish I sound in this post, just a matter of interpretation I suppose.

So thanking people for their hard work and fixing potentially game-breaking bugs is something you QUESTION?

...Why?

Those "minor bugs" took a week to resolve when added onto the fact that DE is working on several larger projects simultaneously. Are you saying that when bugs have been fixed the update with said bugfixes shouldn't be released? And if so, WHY?

When the bugs are potentially game breaking then all means put things on hold, fix it as soon as possible, but when they are minor things such as customization bugs than no, don't put things on hold.

When the bugs are potentially game breaking then all means put things on hold, fix it as soon as possible, but when they are minor things such as customization bugs than no, don't put things on hold.

They aren't putting things on hold, though. The people that they pay for bugfixing are doing their jobs.

At least, that's how I understand it working.

Saying that makes me sound narcissistic, but yes. A hotfix fixing said minor bugs after a Content update would be in order. I love this game, and nothing would make me stop playing, but a steady stream of content like we've had from updates 10-13 is what keeps me and many other players interested. I have seen people come and go for the past year and 7 or so months I've been playing for the game being "too grindy" and so on. I realize this post does make me sound like an A-hole but I felt this needed to be said.

EDIT: The weekly updates adding new weapons or dojo items or whatever it adds is what keeps interest.

I like new content as much as the next guy, but you realize fixes are more important, right?

Also, the people who fix bugs and the people who make new content are different teams. The new content comes out when it's ready, and the fixes come out when they're ready. There's really no use complaining, each team moves as fast as they can. 

I realize that, but people praise DE like they're some sort of Egyptian deity. And yes I realize how childish I sound in this post, just a matter of interpretation I suppose.

I don't think the ancient Egyptians said thank you to their deities. 

Okay, let's say you're someone with a basic knowledge of what "manners" are.

If I give you $100, you might respond with a "thank you"

If I then give you $10, you should still respond with "thank you"

I'm still giving you things, so it's only polite to show gratitude. Is this hard to understand?

I'm staggered by the number of idiotic complaints on this forum, but perhaps the most idiotic is one that is complaining about not enough people complaining.

Lastly, I don't think "narcissistic" means what you think it means. "Selfish" is the word you're looking for.

Okay, let's say you're someone with a basic knowledge of what "manners" are.

If I give you $100, you might respond with a "thank you"

If I then give you $10, you should still respond with "thank you"

I'm still giving you things, so it's only polite to show gratitude. Is this hard to understand?

I'm staggered by the number of idiotic complaints on this forum, but perhaps the most idiotic is one that is complaining about not enough people complaining.

Lastly, I don't think "narcissistic" means what you think it means. "Selfish" is the word you're looking for.

I don't think selfish mean what you think it means, is it really selfish if I'm asking for regular content updates for the entire community?