Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Okay Idea That Might Help.

Butter_Milk

Out of curiosity, what Pay to Win items are you speaking of?

Mostly the overly fast swords and and guns that, just as they are at level 1, deal so much damage to fast that as soon as you spawn in you're downed. That way i can take a step out of span before having 4+ people on me to hitting me to where i can't move.

I've played some PvP in other games, and this has to be the most one sided system I have ever seen.

OK first off, explain what your saying  a bit more, I can tell you are talking about PvP, but there is no P2W items, only cheap tactics, like blade storm. Also, people choose the side they want to defend, for credits, so people can choose what they want to do, so balancing wouldn't help, also again, there is no P2W item in warframe.

I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a pvp mode with no abilities last night. I think that would be a cool optional thing to have.

But there isnt any pay to win gear in here since you can earn everything you see someone else use

The pay to win, in my opinion, are the ones that deal so much damage with no mods on them that you would stand no chance out in the open, where everyone spawn camps. Maybe if there was a room or something the opposing team was unable to enter, that way you have time to tell whats going on before you're knee deep in your own guts.

Mostly the overly fast swords and and guns that, just as they are at level 1, deal so much damage to fast that as soon as you spawn in you're downed. That way i can take a step out of span before having 4+ people on me to hitting me to where i can't move.

PvP ain't balanced right now. Come back later when it gets balanced. 

If you want to pvp, do unranked pvp with a couple friends.

Edited by RCOAS

The pay to win, in my opinion, are the ones that deal so much damage with no mods on them that you would stand no chance out in the open, where everyone spawn camps. Maybe if there was a room or something the opposing team was unable to enter, that way you have time to tell whats going on before you're knee deep in your own guts.

But there is nothing to pay for. If anything, that's just Equipping to Win than anything else.

I've played some PvP in other games, and this has to be the most one sided system I have ever seen.

Edited by Amethyst.zero

But there is nothing to pay for. If anything, that's just Equipping to Win than anything else.

Well they why not tone down the damage out put to something more reasonable during pvp? The melee could cause less knock back is also another idea. Heck maybe if skills stay in, make them cost more energy.

Like what?

Grab some screenshots.

Akbolto, most likely.

Warframe is not a PvP game.  Do not go in expecting it to work like CoD, Battlefield, or Halo.  Get some experience and level up your gear in PvE first.  Then you can try your hand at PvP.

And to reiterate PsychedelicSnake's point, there are not Pay2Win items in Warframe.  Just gear that take longer to unlock and level.

Like those dual needle like shooting pistols, I don't remember the name of it. I had on person sitting in the back of my spawn killing everyone on my team with those.

The only thing that I can think of that matches that description is the akboltos and if you are getting hit by those you need to learn to move unpredictably because leadfireing with those guns is quite difficult.

Firstly, are you talking about Dark Sector PVP or Conclave PVP?

Secondly: There are no weapons that (at rank 0) do tons and tons of damage.  There are weapons that have quick TTK (time to kill), but that is all assuming that

1) you have easy vision of the target,

2) you are constantly firing,

3) and constantly hitting

(which, if they can do all 3 of these things, they deserve the kill)

Thirdly: People keep on suggesting "nerf all the damage!", which simply won't work.  People who play PVP gamemodes competitively and often will always take the best loadout available and MAX IT OUT.  This means that, no matter what changes you make, people who spend the time and resources specifically to make the most optimal pvp loadout will ALWAYS beat people who do not spend their time and resources on such things.

The same thing applies to trading card games as well.  You aren't going to pick up a $20 "Magic the Gathering" deck and instantly beat someone who has been playing for years and has a $700 deck... it just isn't a realistic expectation.

And finally: There are a lot of people (a lot more than you would probably think) who disagree with the idea of putting in place an "enforced standard" for PVP

-(taking away abilities would leave a lot of warframes in a shattered state and tankiness would win over everything)-

Although it is a great idea, and everyone would like to at least *see* what it is like, it needs to be said that there ARE people that like the current conclave format and maybe even some that enjoy the Dark Sector format (although I haven't met anyone who has said so).

Edited by Auramau

Akbolto, most likely.

Warframe is not a PvP game.  Do not go in expecting it to work like CoD, Battlefield, or Halo.  Get some experience and level up your gear in PvE first.  Then you can try your hand at PvP.

And to reiterate PsychedelicSnake's point, there are not Pay2Win items in Warframe.  Just gear that take longer to unlock and level.

Well not that I don't take that as a massive insult, I very much understand that this is in no way a normal PvP mmo type of game, and even with leveling up my gear and getting better mods, there are still going to be those people who run into the back with some strange new weapon and starts camping inside the spawn letting his friends get closer and closer till there is nothing you can do but leave. So i stand by my suggestions with nerfing some damage output and knock back, or, if that upsets to many people, at least a room where you spawn in and are able to see what's going on in front of you, not having to worry about people behind you. 

You keep using the term pay to win incorrectly.

Like really incorrectly.

But... you realize that... you don't have to pay for anything in this game...? And you can get EVERY SINGLE WEAPON and EVERY SINGLE WARFRAME without spending a penny, just having fun in-game?

Like those dual needle like shooting pistols, I don't remember the name of it. I had on person sitting in the back of my spawn killing everyone on my team with those.

Acrid

This sounds like me (Invis-vectis-serration and charge chamber) and a bunch of melee PuGs. You sure they were level 1? - I recall being level 8 as I one-shot entire spawns.