Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr

The_Real_007

Question

I got Valkyr... again... because I want to start using her a lot because melee was not great when I first got her. Anyways, how much forma do you suggest I use? I have lots of BP's so the amount is not the problem, just not sure how I should build her. (Definitely with Steel Fiber and Vitality, but should I go with duration for Warcry and Hysteria? Or something else.)

13 answers to this question

I'm struggling with this too.  Hysteria has so much utility that it's hard to knock it, but the damage output isn't has good as i would like, specifically it lacks the area clearingness that say a war hammer or big two handed melee offers.  So i've been tweaking with some warcry and paralysis builds. 

Well you know you will have at least Steel Fiber and Vitality on so those are two formas you can do. 

With this you will be unstoppable (3 Forma, all 3 are defensive) http://goo.gl/97Q6MR

Let them damage your Health to fuel your Energy, use Warcry and disintegrate everyone with Channeling (Use unranked Life Strike in your melee)... Hysteria is just for those "Oh Sh*t" moments, and for that reason i don't like using duration mods on my Valkyr, i don't like being stuck in Hysteria for very long. Warcry with Intensify will increase your Attack Speed and Armor by 65% (2079 Armor while active) and slow all enemies in range by 39% for 15 seconds more than enough time to kill all enemies around you. Some players like Blind Rage but i think it makes Warcry too expensive to cast, i prefer spam it more times. Rip Line is a personal Preference but if you don't like it, you can replace it for Streamline. Reflex Guard usually is an annoyance with guns because you are stuck in the blocking animation, but not a problem if you are using melee. (vs Infested is only useful to block the Ancient's grappling hook, you can put Vigor or something else)

Edited by RexSol

Warcrys melee speed bonus, armor bonus and slowing of enemies is affected by power strength. Hysteria is affect by both your melee weapon and power strength as well. Valkyr and duration can be a odd mix because Warcry is benefiting from it but Hysteria can both benefit from it or lose from it but its situational.

Edited by Afsky

With this you will be unstoppable (3 Forma, all 3 are defensive) http://goo.gl/97Q6MR

Let them damage your Health to fuel your Energy, use Warcry and disintegrate everyone with Channeling (Use unranked Life Strike in your melee)... Hysteria is just for those "Oh Sh*t" moments, and for that reason i don't like using duration mods on my Valkyr, i don't like being stuck in Hysteria for very long. Warcry with Intensify will increase your Attack Speed and Armor by 65% (2079 Armor while active) and slow all enemies in range by 39% for 15 seconds more than enough time to kill all enemies around you. Some players like Blind Rage but i think it makes Warcry too expensive to cast, i prefer spam it more times. Rip Line is a personal Preference but if you don't like it, you can replace it for Streamline. Reflex Guard usually is an annoyance with guns because you are stuck in the blocking animation, but not a problem if you are using melee. 

good build. if you don't replace rip line with streamline, you can get away with only 2 forma. (2 D-s in the playe of 2 ability slots)

Looking for advice?

Rip Lined from General Discussion. ^^

Personnally, i usually use 2 formas, 4 max if i want to be able to "switch" easily the focus of my builds. I do not use especially huge duration on valkyr (i just compensate a full energy economy to be able to cast any power for almost nothing. *Rip line everything everywhere like a crazy cat*).

Rage, and after it depends on if i want to melee only (auto pary and mods for melee) or versatility (more common mods).

But i would say... On reflection, i would rather choose (after my 2 formas on her) to powercreep with formas my melee weapon for crit and insane damage :D

Depends on how you want to build her, tanky or damage. i personally go for tanky so i can wreck face in the long run. Rage is very important to her due to her high armour, steel fiber is great as well. i personally wouldnt put anything into sheilds due to how low they are overall. During the last event were you had exposures that made you weaker. i managed to stay alive much longer then the others due to my build. Personally i only use ripline as way to move about the map. hysteria is my damage/life regen in those tough fights. keep in mind her damage overall is low, but when you get the 2.5X damage combo up it adds up quickly. im getting just under 800 damage per hit after the 2.5x combo has been reached. even at high levels the normal minions survive no more then 2-3 hits.

Let them damage your Health to fuel your Energy, use Warcry and disintegrate everyone with Channeling (Use unranked Life Strike in your melee)... Hysteria is just for those "Oh Sh*t" moments, and for that reason i don't like using duration mods on my Valkyr, i don't like being stuck in Hysteria for very long. Warcry with Intensify will increase your Attack Speed and Armor by 65% (2079 Armor while active) and slow all enemies in range by 39% for 15 seconds more than enough time to kill all enemies around you. Some players like Blind Rage but i think it makes Warcry too expensive to cast, i prefer spam it more times. Rip Line is a personal Preference but if you don't like it, you can replace it for Streamline. Reflex Guard usually is an annoyance with guns because you are stuck in the blocking animation, but not a problem if you are using melee. (vs Infested is only useful to block the Ancient's grappling hook, you can put Vigor or something else)

this is solid. i wasted(imo) 2 Forma on a Hysteria build before realizing that Warcry and Paralysis are more powerful at higher levels. so at the moment i'm levelling her again for a Warcry/Paralysis build with an unranked Hysteria as basically a health pickup. not being 'stuck' in Hysteria for 10 minutes is pretty nice lol.

Looking for advice?

Yaer

Eagle

• 2222 posts

GZ man, now go break that post score.

On topic, I feel Valkyr is best modded to maximize Warcry and armor (using Steel Fiber and Warcry). So I mod for Duration and Strength, with a side of efficiency. This is kind of a remnant of my Hysteria build, before that got boring (pre-Hysteria stance change). I haven't experimented with builds that use more effiency and less duration though, but it's on my to-do list.

this is really unstoppable.  I wish you could toggle Channeling!