Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Is Inferior To Amprex In Every Way

lynchinator

Synapse can sustain fire for much longer than the amprex without a need to reload on top of having a shorter reload time

The amprex has a faster rate of fire(double that of the synapse) and this allows it to output more damage(much more when discussing chain lighting) per clip.

Synapse has an issue of overlap when it is compared to Amprex, I would not argue against the fact that Amprex is just a better general use gun. I have both of them at 4, or more, forma and I have no reason to use synapse again (I am not saying synapse is worthless, I just prefer other weapons for single target damage).

Synapse could possibly use innate punch through, or some other feature, to separate it from Amprex.  It would not hurt for a DE staff member to use both guns and review them.

Edited by LazyKnight

The amprex has a faster rate of fire(double that of the synapse) and this allows it to output more damage(much more when discussing chain lighting) per clip.

Higher DPS but far lower ammo economy

Id like to point out that "Inferior in every way" is incorrect

Edited by Azawarau

Ammo economy is a pretty big deal, since not having ammo equates to not killing stuff with that weapon. In terms of leveling, this hurts the Amprex more but isn't as a big deal once forma'd once or twice for damage.

Light punch through for the Synapse would be ideal, although still kinda excessive. Slippery slope and all.

Punch-through would be a fun buff.

It certainly doesnt need more dps.

Anyone advocating more damage on one of the best guns in the game that incinerates everything instantly is a moron.

The best buff it needs is slightly more utility.

In all honesty it doesnt need buffs at all. The synapse is still one of the top weapons in the game. If you are having trouble killing everything in the game near-instantly with it you might want to re-evaluate how you play.

A glaring problem that is fixed with one simple credit purchase...not so glaring..just an inconvenience. 

Spamming ammo pods is not a cost efficient way to play the game for the average gamer, i would actually go as far as saying the average gamer isnt even prepared to buy the 250k 10x ammo restore, so yeah its quite a glaring problem.

Spamming ammo pods is not a cost efficient way to play the game for the average gamer, i would actually go as far as saying the average gamer isnt even prepared to buy the 250k 10x ammo restore, so yeah its quite a glaring problem.

Having played T4S 40min+ with amprex I can say I did not have to "spam" ammo pods". Your logic is flawed, if we are talking about the average player then why would he/she be having ammo problems since they wouldn't be taking part in the long duration survivals or defenses.....If you do run out of ammo in anything of mediocre difficulty or less that means that you are holding the trigger down on the amprex..which means you are not using it correctly.

Edited by lynchinator

Having played T4S 40min+ with amprex I can say I did not have to "spam" ammo pods". Your logic is flawed, if we are talking about the average player then why would he/she be having ammo problems since they wouldn't be taking part in the long duration survivals or defenses.....

Average gamer doesnt mean bad gamer, in a organized team am quite confident they can go far in any mission type, and as you know thats when ammo finally becomes a problem , thats not flawed its fact. Am actually a believer that restore pods should be removed but thats a different debate.

Average gamer doesnt mean bad gamer, in a organized team am quite confident they can go far in any mission type, and as you know thats when ammo finally becomes a problem , thats not flawed its fact. Am actually a believer that restore pods should be removed but thats a different debate.

So again, the cost of using a rank 5 aoe weapon that puts out greater dps(single target alone) than a rank 6 single target weapon along with the ability to status proc half a room is having to purchase an ammo restore once in a while... or throw a crit delay mod on...or god forbid equip an ammo mod if you are holding down the trigger that much to waste a superfluous amount of ammo. 

No it does not... identical ranges...they both have 18m..please look things up before saying someone else is wrong.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Amprex

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Synapse

So I tested synapse in game and got 18 m. When was this changed O_o. I swear I remember 24m or something ( just below flux riffle). 

I hate reload time, it leaves me vulnerable. This is why I like synapse plus the ammo economy single target.

Anyway, I think giving synapse a massive accuracy buff would help it -> give it more synergy with a volts electric shield.

Granted this would be odd given it basically  shoots lightning bolts.

Edited by Quizel

Tbh i think, like many have said that Synapse is ok... is a top tier weapon...

I think it would be better to slightly tone down Amprex instead of slightly buffing Synapse...

Something like dropping Crit dmg to 150% (OR crit chance to 35%) and upping status chance to 30%

I have both Synapse and Amprex with six polarities each.

Amprex is a beast on its own. And it replaced my Synapse.

Since Boltor is MR0 I don't give a crap about weapon mastery ranks. Supra is 7, Flux Rifle 5, Synapse 6, Amprex 5... and so on. Neither does it say anything about weapon power or cost.

We need Mastery Rank 2.0 anyways. I don't consider Mastery Rank a viable argument.

Ammo consumption is a tie, dependable on the viewpoint of people regarding ammo packs. Or lower the dps by using ammo mutation.

I agree, Synapse needs something... like all the other "old" dojo weapons.

Higher range

More damage

Maybe a small spreadcone like Embolist without changing the range..

There are a lot of things to consider.

Tell that to the Quanta and the Flux rifle.

Quanta

Pure Electric element.

1 round per second ammo consumption.

Boss secondary function.

50 meter range.

220 DPS.

Mastery 4

Flux rifle

Standard IPS damage

10 rounds per second ammo consumption

Zoom

25m range.

226 DPS.

Mastery 6

No prizes guessing which does better.

Bringing back the Flux to 250 DPS is a must.

And an innate 1m punch through would be sweet as well.

And i chose to ignore that because youre purposely missing a very good point in the gun

By saying ammo consumption aside I am acknowledging that there one chink in the armor of the amprex but it has an easy fix thus making it a weak argument in the favor of the synapse. Lets say there were not multiple mods to deal with ammo consumption nor an item made specifically for items with this issue....THEN it would be a solid argument.

TL;DR I didn't miss a very good point, but dismissed a rather weak point.

Edited by lynchinator

By saying ammo consumption aside I am acknowledging that there one chink in the armor of the amprex but it has an easy fix thus making it a weak argument in the favor of the synapse. Lets say there were not multiple mods to deal with ammo consumption nor an item made specifically for items with this issue....THEN it would be a solid argument.

TL;DR I didn't miss a very good point, but dismissed a rather weak point.

Weak in your opinion

Sustainability is a large factor in end game viability

The reason why most auto weapons fall off