Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De]Steve O.0

Llyssa

So, with all of the new financial info released today, the most surprising things I learned were:

1. [DE]Steve owns a LOT of DE.

2. This means he's actually the boss of everyone else. Pretty crazy when you see how they interact with him.

3. This means that your concept of "What is a millionaire businessman like?" must now include a guy in way-too-short-pink-shorts butt-scooting across a stage in front of hundreds of people, live(and thousands at home), beer in hand, while on the company clock.

4. At least we know how he gets away with #3 now.

I don't really know why #1 was so "suprising". And, as for #4 - it's a game development house, not a software firm; I think they can excuse Steve having fun in a place where people go to act out and have fun.

Edited by Kashiki

I don't really know why #1 was so "suprising". And, as for #4 - it's a game development house, not a software firm; I think they can excuse Steve having fun in a place where people go to act out and have fun.

Why would you have expected #1? An employee owning some of a company isn't unheard of. An employee(who is not the senior exec) owning  a full 10% of a company with almost 200 employees is actually on the rare side.

As for #4, they are a "software firm", and they're all about having fun. Just, in like 99% of workplaces, that wouldn't fly. Even in this one, he's the only one who does that sort of thing regularly.

Why would you have expected #1? An employee owning some of a company isn't unheard of. An employee(who is not the senior exec) owning  a full 10% of a company with almost 200 employees is actually on the rare side.

As for #4, they are a "software firm", and they're all about having fun. Just, in like 99% of workplaces, that wouldn't fly. Even in this one, he's the only one who does that sort of thing regularly.

'THE boss' can do that. Anyone else? Not so much.

Are those pink short of his like the One Ring from the Hobbit? Or more like his superpowered beachy side?

Still, I believe everyone in DE's team is great: I never had a favourite team before, but DE team is filling rapidly that hole in my chest. 

Here the answer:

James Schmalz
Digital Extremes is a Canadian computer and video game developer founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, best known for its co-creation of Epic Games' highly successful Unreal series of games. Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario.

Here the answer:

James Schmalz
Digital Extremes is a Canadian computer and video game developer founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, best known for its co-creation of Epic Games' highly successful Unreal series of games. Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario.

Okay, but what was the question that answers?

I'm more interested in who "Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc." is, and why they are going to own the lion's share of the common shares.

Except they are all class B shares and from the agreement these class B shares have no voting power in DIgital Extremes. They can't do anything in corporate policy or vote on the board of directors. All the class A shares that have voting power still belong to Digital Extremes.

From the linked document http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/SEHK/2014/1014/LTN20141014641.pdf :

"Upon Closing, Digital Extremes will become an indirect non-wholly owned subsidiary of the Company and the common shares of Digital Extremes will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0%, 26.1%, 2.8%. 3.9% and 6.2% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online, Ontario Ltd. 1, Ontario Ltd. 2, Ontario Ltd. 3 and Digital Extremes Employee Share Trust, respectively;..." (Page 2, paragraph 2)

Multi Dynamic Games owns 58.0% of the common shares now. According to Wikipedia:

"Common stock usually carries with it the right to vote on certain matters, such as electing the board of directors. However, a company can have both a "voting" and "non-voting" class of common stock." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_stock#Shareholders.27_rights

The document linked by DE_Steve didn't explicitly state that common stock would not come without voting privilages; however, the "Class B Special shares of Digital Extremes, which carry no voting rights in Digital Extremes" that you mentioned did. Ergo, the majority of voting rights are now owned by Multi Dynamic Games, as far as that document goes.

Edited by Magnar21

Stop trying to Hijack my [DE]Steve thread. If you want to talk about the buyout, there's an app thread for that: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/324240-partnership-announcement/

This is just about the curiosity that [DE]Steve is actually quite rich and powerful, yet still buys bad hats and gets intimidated by the Lotus.

I find that interesting and somewhat bizarre.

I'm more interested in who "Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc." is

Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc = a subsidiary of Sumpo Food Holdings Limited

subsidiary = a company controlled by a holding company [size=3](in this case, Sumpo Food)[/size]

Edited by Talaiar