Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Blade Storm On Dark Sector Conflict Pvp

.Talia.

Nerf the damage all you want, you still won't fix the problem with this ability: It's unavoidable. The damage is low now but still kills everyone in range, or leave them almost dead, so what's the point in nerfing it over and over again?

You just have to give us a chance to avoid or counter Blade Storm. Make it possible to escape it's range once targeted and make it possible to block it using your melee.

How about you try and dodge/counter any ability aimed at you. Unless you have Frost or Volt all projectiles will hit you if they have a lock on. Nearly all 4th abilities will hit you and there is nothing you can do about it unless you have Frost or can out run a few abilities like molecular prime. Frost is basically the only way to counter most abilities even Blade storm can't touch Frost unless Ash get's in.

So instead of aiming at this one fix for Blade storm aim for a major fix for Dark Sectors. Aim for something that isn't going to need DE to nerf any frame.

Edited by Postal_pat

Sure there are many problematic abilities, for example Trinity's Link and Mirage's Prism that are also unavoidable inside its range but at least you can run away from them. And Vauban's traps, that are also unavoidable, we should be able to destroy the trap balls. But right now we're talking about Blade Storm on this topic.

Edited by RexSol

Sure there are many problematic abilities, for example Trinity's Link and Mirage's Prism that are also unavoidable inside its range but at least you can run away from them. And Vauban's traps, that are also unavoidable, we should be able to destroy the trap balls. But right now we're talking about Blade Storm on this topic.

I look at the Forums a good amount and even though there is a lot of problematic abilities Blade Storm is for the most part only one I see.

There's 2 problems with bladestorm (main problems, there's tons of them but these 2 always stick out to me the most)

* It's unavoidable  and unescapable. Needs to be one or the other. If one were able to react to it and dodge roll away or block, then it would solve the problem of it and not affect pve play at all because enemies don't block (most of them). 

* It's far too spammable. There needs to be much more of a cost/risk associated with using it. Right now they can just spam away and have no skill required to do it and move on to the next to do it again. I'm not one for nerfing skills especially when they aren't split between pve/pvp in this game but increasing the energy cost OR perhaps make the cost increase with each use if done within a certain timeframe so that they potentially could spam it a few times if needed in an emergency but they will deplete energy completely if they do so. Could set it up on a cooldown counter. The skill can still be activated while the counter is going on, but each activation after will increase the energy cost exponentially.  I in no way want to break Ash or nerf, but this is one ability that definitely needs to be fixed without a doubt.

How about, the abilities are the things that come on LAST, no matter what order you put them in. So you can unlock health and shield mods before you get rekt by bladestorm?

This is happening on update 15. It was announced that all skills will unlock in order at specific levels. Therefore, all ultimates will be unlocked last. 

Brace yourself, there will be a planthera of new things to complain about. 

I don't care for all the other cheese tactics, despite them being unbalanced those don't scratch the surface in comparison to Blade Storm.

You can run from hysteria, you can run from bullets and explosions, you can still aim at coptering targets and those require some levels before it becomes op effective. Hysteria isn't much of a problem in the beginning of DS runs because of how short the duration is and how a player can run from it. It reminds me of any other invincibility ability in other games; they're extremely effective when players are brain dead and don't simply run away. 

But BS, lol, BS is unavoidable and inescapable, you have zero control of how to minimize the damage of BS and more importantly its bloody stun. Its not the damage that bothers me despite it being a lot, its the fact that I'm not doing anything while this is going on and then I die. I can't do anything, I can try and use frost's ult if I have the energy but other than that I cannot do a single thing.

Sometimes I don't understand why the devs do not simply turn off BS until they come up with a solution because at the moment not only is it gamebreaking but its extremely unfun to watch your character kind of just chill there and go "hey, ok I should be dead after this 5 second animation"

I also don't get players' inclusion of pve feedback when trying to fix blade storm. In Warframe, designed from the ground up as a hack n' slash pve coop game, not having discrete pvp abilities for each warframe when necessary will ultimately be the downfall of pvp in this game. I understand there are games which incorporate abilities that are both balanced in pve and pvp, but this game was never designed to have pvp as a feature from the beginning nor designed around numbers and abilities which are applicable against other players.

If DE is going to properly release pvp at the end of beta, I suggest they start from scratch beginning with redesigning some abilities which don't fit player vs player gameplay at the moment for pvp and leaving their pve counterparts alone.

Edited by polkunus