Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Up Comming Skill Modding System?

Krazzie

So today Oct.27.14...

During the begining of Live Stream, DE has stated that all our work and time to forma our Warframe is just trash?  It is like Giving the Finger to the older players who supported DE all this time.  DE just going to give our Forma's back, which is ok, but what about our Time to level our Warframe?

A lot of the Veteran/Older Players, I'm pretty sure it is like myself who Forma at lease 3-6times on all our Warframes.  Like Myself who forma all my Warframe at lease 4-5 times. 

So lets assume: 4forma X 27frames= 108 forma x 3hr(average leveling for each forma if not more/less)= 324hrs gameplay.  I'm woundering if DE will compensate those time as well?  For a End Gamer, I wouldn't like to Start all Over, even if i do get my forma back.  But even if DE does implement the new Skill Modding as an Add On I wouldn't be so bad, if we are able to keep pre-existing forma slots.

People who main's only 1-2 frames may not be bad but, people who play and master all frames, this would be pretty bad.  Takes too much time to forma and relevel, even if DE gives us a month or two worth of 2x XP boost(cut 324hrs by half lol'z)Orz

What I like to see is instead of Starting Over.  Instead of giving us back the forma, DE should let us change all our pre-existing forma slot as we please.  So if your frame is 5 forma,  you should be able to change your 5 slot at once.  Even If that is not possible a week 100x XP warframe boost will work.  If it takes me 3-6hrs reforma my Warframes builds with 100x XP boost it won't be bad.  1 run = max level and reforma, redo.

I know this New Skill Modding is intended to help new players.  But like any other games out there, a How To Tutorial is not hard to do.

How do you guys feel about the new and up comming Skill Modding System?

Edit:

It's the Ability slot that you give back, so even if you forma 2-3 of your ability slot you lose those preforma slots and get your forma back.  So assume with the new Modding system when you get your forma's back, and you don't have enouph points for your frame even with the extra 2 slot.  You would still have to forma 1-3times depend how your build was before. Therefore time wasted.

Edited by Krazzie

Oh man, this community never fails to amuse me.

The new system is great but they don't even owe us the forma, let alone compensation for the exp. Also if the focus system does resurface and use all our excess affinity then everyone who has spent the time with forma will still be at an advantage.

But yeah, no, they don't owe us any compensation.

I don't think you understood the dev stream. You keep all your frames. You keep all your powers. You lose two slots. The ones that would have a negative polarity anyway because powers are no longer mod cards. The remaining power slots change/lose polarities. If you formaed a power slot you get to reassign a new one. I don't know how you interpreted there's a "Staring Over".

DE does have videos and the codex for helping new players so if the average gamer tried enough they shouldn't really be confused. Maybe the tutorial should force you to use the codex and look at training. :P.

This part's not about you, it's more about the "intended to help new players." phrase and my view on that.

well ill probably quit warframe if they do that, it would be the straw that broke the camel's back. they've taken too much fun aspect of the game out instead of polishing what they have. Once they see or knows about anything that the player base finds as fun in the game they either nerf it ( weapon, frame) or take it out altogether all in the name of balancing yada yada..

Ill wait and see, but in the meantime ill look around for something else to play as the cool factors of warframe has long been taken out and nothing has replace it..

No he didn't... 

Figure of speech.

But it is.  A good example would be.  You spent money and time building and crafting a house.  I come along I take your house, and I give you your money and item that you build your house back.  The time you put effort into making a house is a waste of time.  You start something for nothing.

But overall if we don't get to start over then its fine.  But even if you get back our forma from forma'ing the abilities slot and at the end of the new system, if our points isn't enouph to support of getting the new 2 slot we still have to forma again. Therefore time loss.  And for many players who uses one skill build and having only 2 new slot it well be a lost for those players.  They would have one slot lost.

So lets assume: 4forma X 27frames= 108 forma x 3hr(average leveling for each forma if not more/less)= 324hrs gameplay.  I'm woundering if DE will compensate those time as well?

How does this even make sense? By DE giving you back the forma you already used, those hours spent re-leveling are still valid. You didn't waste any time, and DE sure as hell didn't say all that work and time is "trash". They don't even have to compensate us, but they are. OP, you should watch the Devstream again and probably read Rebecca's post explaining the coming changes.

Oh man, this community never fails to amuse me.

The new system is great but they don't even owe us the forma, let alone compensation for the exp. Also if the focus system does resurface and use all our excess affinity then everyone who has spent the time with forma will still be at an advantage.

But yeah, no, they don't owe us any compensation.

This guy gets it.

all in all this may be good for some players and it can be a set back for some that use different builds it may or may not make people rethink they way they play who knows lets just give it a shot be for people start to bash DE i myself use a few different builds that may or may not get jacked up but then again who knows they said there is new mods coming as well they may give us something to fill the gap on some set backs LOL  sawrry mi engrish nawt so gud ^_^

Edited by BangUrDeadTC

Figure of speech.

But it is.  A good example would be.  You spent money and time building and crafting a house.  I come along I take your house, and I give you your money and item that you build your house back.  The time you put effort into making a house is a waste of time.  You start something for nothing.

Not even close... You need to watch the stream again. You keep the house. You get free lumber.

I love how some people rage without actually watching a dev stream. Like they wait for something that looks new and different to pop up before it's explained fully, then rush to the forums to fill it with false claims and hate lol. We get free stuff for just playing the game and loosing the useless clutter that was ability mods, they didn't have to do any of that, they could have left us hangin' in the breeze but they aren't and never will. Take off the tinfoil hat and get some air lol.

Edited by .Onizuka.

well ill probably quit warframe if they do that, it would be the straw that broke the camel's back. they've taken too much fun aspect of the game out instead of polishing what they have. Once they see or knows about anything that the player base finds as fun in the game they either nerf it ( weapon, frame) or take it out altogether all in the name of balancing yada yada..

Ill wait and see, but in the meantime ill look around for something else to play as the cool factors of warframe has long been taken out and nothing has replace it..

Let me guess paint huffin' or drinking draino? Lmao. Not sure what game you have been playing, Warframe has grown amazingly over a short time and continues to get better, Rome wasn't built in a day. We all hope you leave and never come back :D.

To all the complainers so far: Think of the new system as having 8 slots for power-ups and 4 slots for abilities, except the abilities are locked in. This is opposed to the old system of 10 slots for everything with 4 preset for abilties (so 6 for power-ups and 4 for abilities by default). In theory, unless you are the type to forma out 3 ability mods JUST to min-max 1 ability, this new change will be beneficial. Sure, you might not really need the abilities you threw out, most likely due to them being more niche. But they are always available for you IF you do find the situation for them.

Not even close... You need to watch the stream again. You keep the house. You get free lumber.

How do keep the house when your house it torn apart.  Free lumber? of course your house been broken apart and you get your bits and pieces back.  Please give a better analogy.

How does this even make sense? By DE giving you back the forma you already used, those hours spent re-leveling are still valid. You didn't waste any time, and DE sure as hell didn't say all that work and time is "trash".

Not to sure if you are kidding but.  What you're saying is having to level up twice vs leveling once is practically same thing?  Put thing in perspective.  Its like saying this person got a Block of metal and turned into a Sword.  You take the sword melt it back into a block of metal and give it back, then have him/her to make it again.

I love how some people rage without actually watching a dev stream. Like they wait for something that looks new and different to pop up before it's explained fully, then rush to the forums to fill it with false claims and hate lol. We get free stuff for just playing the game and loosing the useless clutter that was ability mods, they didn't have to do any of that, they could have left us hangin' in the breeze but they aren't and never will. Take off the tinfoil hat and get some air lol.

This. +1

You're a cat chasing a red dot from a laser pointer. It's not real, and if you'd just look back to the source you'd see it's really not what you think.

How is that analogy related to this topic?  And if source is pinpointed it would be much appreciated.

I would agree, to a certain extent.  If you like the game you would like to support, even if you get free stuff by playing.  But it is a concern to some players.  If DE didn't say, we won't ask.  If it is a concept then that's that.  But if DE said they're going to, then it is a different story.  Warframe was built from the community.  We would just like to have a more clear cut info.

How is that analogy related to this topic?  And if source is pinpointed it would be much appreciated.

I would agree, to a certain extent.  If you like the game you would like to support, even if you get free stuff by playing.  But it is a concern to some players.  If DE didn't say, we won't ask.  If it is a concept then that's that.  But if DE said they're going to, then it is a different story.  Warframe was built from the community.  We would just like to have a more clear cut info.

Warframe was built by DE first and co constructed by the community, in the end DE can do whatever it wants to do lol.

Warframe was built by DE first and co constructed by the community, in the end DE can do whatever it wants to do lol.

I wouldn't disagree with you there. If one person wants to know more info, shouldn't hurt anyone at all.  By your statement, by defending something not ment defending, wouldn't that make you look stupid as well?  If something is not worth your time, why waste your time.