Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Needs To Be Available On Macs

Nah_NotReally

Hey, it's their choice.

Either bootcamp or emulate, otherwise play the waiting game.

Also, isn't it kind of funny that DE ported the game to PS4 and Xbone before Mac?

IIRC/AFAIK something about how modern consoles use the same thing like directx and mac ports requiring the whole game to be redone in opengl rather than a simple port.

Two ways to game on a mac.

Option one:

1) Save up enough for a Mac.

2) Buy an dedicated gaming PC and forget about getting a Mac.

Option two:

1) Buy Mac.

2) Use Mac as mousepad for your gaming PC. 

Jokes aside, I think that DE has said they have no intention of porting to Mac. 

Tell them to get a REAL computer, not that hipster instagram S#&$.

That is not a very productive response. For a number of things (mainly graphical design stuffs) Macs work better than PC's. Do I own or want a Mac? Nope, but that doesn't make it not a "real" computer.

(mainly graphical design stuffs) Macs work better than PC's.

nowadays, they're equal.

years ago, that would certainly be true though. but now everyone has the same hardware and the software is either the same(usually this one) or actually better on Windows.

That is not a very productive response. For a number of things (mainly graphical design stuffs) Macs work better than PC's. Do I own or want a Mac? Nope, but that doesn't make it not a "real" computer.

Mac is a computer. 

PC is a computer

Both preform in different ways

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

But they are still both Computers

Tell them to get a virtual machine and install windows, if they can set up everything correctly, they'll be able to play as well.

-Edit: as long as their macs have enough juice to run both operating systems without lag or crashes

(Decent quad-core CPU, and at least 8 Gb of RAM)

Edited by double0gamer

IIRC/AFAIK something about how modern consoles use the same thing like directx and mac ports requiring the whole game to be redone in opengl rather than a simple port.

PS4 games are rendered in OpenGL. DirectX is a Windows proprietary renderer, Sony isn't going to pay Microsoft just to use their software when they can use an open standard.

As I said in another thread on the topic of running Warframe under Mac OS:

I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of DE making Warframe available to Mac gamers by porting it to run natively in Mac OS. If they had the resources and financial influx to support a port of WF for Mac OS, I'd say go for it.

That being said, players that use Mac OS as their gaming platform are a rather small, niche market and all available evidence seems to point to the fact that porting to Mac OS would require additional staff and effort - meaning additional expense. DE doesn't feel like a large company that can really afford that kind of additional expense - I feel they're straining enough with Xbox One and PS4 porting as is. Therefore, pursuing a Mac OS version of Warframe - at present at least - would really not be in their best interests.

A Mac OS port for Warframe is really not going to be an option anytime soon.

So to the OP, tell your friends that installing Windows on an alternate partition or a VM on their Mac's is the only option aside from buying a PC that runs Windows to begin with.

If they're too snobbish or unwilling to set up a partition or VM to run Windows...well, that's their problem.

Edited by MirageKnight

If your friends are able to pay the extra money for a mac they can get windows for like 30-40$ aswell. Installing with bootcamp is easy. Apple provides driver packages for Windows. Your friends can use it for any other game aswell. I use Windows and Mac OS every day. I've never had any problems. No offense but the extra effort has to be on their side and not on DE's side.