The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Whats With All The Hate For Perma Invisible Lokis In Teams?

Azawarau

All of the perma-invisible loki should switch teleport their teammate instead,just to see if the people complaining prefer that. 

I'd rather have a perma-invis loki doing nothing than a switch teleport loki actively hampering my progress. 

Perma invis Loki means that 3 guys will have to deal with aggro meant for 4 players.

Unless said Loki is more than pulling their weight in terms of kills, they are a blight to the team.

Those sort of Lokis think that their stealth melee will carry them to victory, yet they often are the ones to end up dead to a random toxic ancient, far from the team.

Furthermore they don't ever use decoy, switch tp or Disarm, basically meaning that they do almost nothing to help.

Last i heard more players didnt affect spawns after 2. I could be wrong here

If the loki is killing a ton of enemies then hes reducing that aggro ggreatly by the way

Youre going off wild assumptions here

I agree completely. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows it's the player and not the build. However, if enough people do it then it's a thing.

Thats fair

If worst players flock to the frame or power, then its frame or power fault for being broken or stupidly designed in the first place. Allowing scrubs to use nobrainer tactics is not preferable, and shouldnt be an option.

If someone is an *insert random insult* and game offers him to be even bigger *insert random insult* through frames or powers, then its powers frame or power fault. *insert random insult* players wouldnt use somehting if that something isnt offering them easy way out.

Not always

People flock to warcry,sonar,WoF (despite its flaws),shock, and so on because theyre good skills

I always find it funny when I'm an invis loki in a survival, no one ever sees me, they complain the whole time that I'm not doing anything, and I come out of the mission with 2x everyone elses kills and 50% damage dealt in a cell of four. :)

He can't be that bad.  Loki can help, but some thought that Loki is a wuss with all that deception and invisibility powers.

which is funny cause I tend to think Loki is OP in general.

OT: past stigma about Loki being used mostly by trolls and likely some PvP related hate would be the reason.

55501001.jpg

Loki needs buffs, he is too weak. Buff Loki Prime and Boltor Prime.

>.> how is he not over powered? he skill set is pretty much the over all best in the game. There is no situation a reasonably skilled person playing Loki can't get out of, or flat out avoid. (which makes him rather boring to play in all honesty)

>.> how is he not over powered? he skill set is pretty much the over all best in the game. There is no situation a reasonably skilled person playing Loki can't get out of, or flat out avoid. (which makes him rather boring to play in all honesty)

tumblr_m6iv087Qqv1qbaj4uo1_500.png

Not really a joke but you should still get the point.

Edited by Rakshal

1. How would it even change from us just not being there? You would still get the same amount of fire.

2. And since WHEN was killing enemies not helpful? I usually get the top amount of kills on my team, if not then second.

And who made you in charge of what I do with my abilities? What about Rhino's Iron Skin? Valkyr's Hysteria? How is it any different from those abilities?

3. If you die, that's your fault, not mine.

If I want to run an invis+melee build, then that's my decision. It isn't our 'job' to disarm and decoy everything for you.

Let's not forget that even if I did build for disarm+decoy, who's to say that some other frame isn't just going to 'Press4towin' and make it a waste of my energy and survivability? It's happened to me so many times where I go and disarm a giant group of people, then a Nova comes along and kills all of it with 1 Molecular Prime. Just seems like so much effort wasted.

1. You play pretty selfishly. 

2. Playing beyond 35+ minutes you won't one shot anything. And there are a ton more enemies that spawn. 

CC wins the game. Like I said, you play pretty selfishly. If you want to run a perma-invis build, you should run T4S by yourself. You'll be fine there (sarcasm inc). Radial Disarm makes killing enemies so much easier. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

If you die, that's your fault, not mine.

If I want to run an invis+melee build, then that's my decision. It isn't our 'job' to disarm and decoy everything for you.

and it's selfish people like you that I make sure not to take on runs- with your crappy solo builds, an hour into T4S loki is well S#&$ without a max radial build. Like pull your weight or gtfo, Invisi builds are for scrubs.

1. You play pretty selfishly. 

2. Playing beyond 35+ minutes you won't one shot anything. And there are a ton more enemies that spawn. 

CC wins the game. Like I said, you play pretty selfishly. If you want to run a perma-invis build, you should run T4S by yourself. You'll be fine there (sarcasm inc). Radial Disarm makes killing enemies so much easier. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

1. What are they supposed to do? Babysit you all the time? They kill enemies, pick up Oxygen,revive you when you are down? How the hell is that selfish?

2.''Oh crap I will not destroy everything with one bullet and there will be more than one target'' If that's seriously a concern for you, you have a serious problem and should probably not play Warframe.

3. CC is king yes, but other things are important too. You can't kill with CC alone, you can't progress with CC  alone. Radial Disarm make killing enemies easier,so everyone should use it to make your life easier? Hell no. Carry your own weight,don't get carried.

Don't

freaking

tell people how to play.

Edited by Alphafox

1. What are they supposed to do? Babysit you all the time? They kill enemies, pick up Oxygen,revive you when you are down? How the hell is that selfish?

2.''Oh crap I will not destroy everything with one bullet and there will be more than one target'' If that's seriously a concern for you, you have a serious problem and should probably not play Warframe.

3. CC is king yes, but other things are important too. You can't kill with CC alone, you can't progress with CC  alone. Radial Disarm make killing enemies easier, so what?

Don't

freaking

tell people how to play.

Play as i want or uninstall the game.

On more serious note, i wont tell you how to play as long as you are useful team member. If i needed Loki for certain missions i would bring my own, as i always do with "mandatory" frames. In T4 Survival i would expected from Loki to use RD, as i would expected from Nyx to use Chaos.

You can play as you want in my groups, as long as you arent hurting team progress. But if i must choose, i would never take Invisibility Loki with me for anything that are not Infested based missions.

Edited by RoboDoge

Play as i want or uninstall the game.

On more serious note, i wont tell you how to play as long as you are useful team member. If i needed Loki for certain missions i would bring my own, as i always do with "mandatory" frames. In T4 Survival i would expected from Loki to use RD, as i would expected from Nyx to use Chaos.

You can play as you want in my groups, as long as you arent hurting team progress. But if i must choose, i would never take Invisibility Loki with me for anything that are not Infested based missions.

Like you said we would expect them to do so, there is always a optimal setup,but unlike that person we don't force it down their throat and force them to play a way that probably doesn't suit them.

I did a T4D yesterday till wave 40 and bang sudden mission fail at wave 40 but that's not the point.

I have barely gone down using a Radial Disarm in that mission, probably 2-3 times in total. So I don't see how the excuse he's squishy works. He's mobile and he's fast, it's not like Radial Disarm makes you stuck or anything, you can still dodge enemies sticks so what's the issue? I personally never used an invis build much besides node clearing solo but that's practically it. Although Loki's good with invis, a Radial Disarm build is much better for team-play and T4.

OP, it's probably because an invis Loki practically only helps trying to revive people IF they go down. But most of the time, they just run around here and there solo everywhere.

The only thing I don't like about Loki is the same thing I don't like about Valkyr, and that is being troll-teleported by a player that has lost all his moralistic marbles.  Of course Valkyr can't switch teleport, but she still (pulls) rubs me the wrong way when a player feels like making himself or herself feel better about being a sorry gamer.

Other than what is stated, I welcome all you Loki people.  I'll be turning invisible with you.

i've got range, efficiency and duration + vitality on my loki and it works just fine having it for being both disarm range and invis duration. i don't really see why you need to have loki built for just one of them. yeah you can obviously excel in one or the other but, i enjoy having both be decent. but that's only because i didn't feel the need to forma loki prime because it all fit at 30 to have it built for both abilities. 

also outside of messing with friends, which rarely ever happens, i've never really cared for the switch teleport ability. so it's never really been apart of my loki.

Edited by Ptylerdactyl

The Main concern I see here is for selfish Loki's.

Granted, you shouldn't have to babysit players or cater specifically to them, but....

You should play as a team too. It's called Co-op for a reason.

I watch my teammates for the first 5 minutes. If they are nice people, working together, I pitch in as well. If I see kill-hungry players running off and getting downed or blocking spawns I play selfish. Not going to carry a bunch of A******s.

The only thing I don't like about Loki is the same thing I don't like about Valkyr, and that is being troll-teleported by a player that has lost all his moralistic marbles.

In case of Valkyr: I only use Ripline to pull other players around in the extraction. If it happens in mission, it's because you ran past my reticule the moment I was using it (either to pull an enemy to me or to pull me forwards). And that's something you can hardly avoid happening.