The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Hate Pvp?

Nah_NotReally

The reason is simple: as long as PvP exists DE isn't focusing their 100% on PvE which is the main appeal of the game. Time spent on balancing/fixing/upgrading PvP could be spent on adding new PvE content.

Or spent on balancing PvE content. Shocking touch is still 60%. I wish they'd just removed PvP from Dark Sectors and redesigned the whole thing. I feel like first, Dark Sector should provide massive boost to the clan owning it and second, it should be incredibly hard to defend it, so that winning and getting to keep a Ds 2 times in a row would be something extremely rare and outlandish even for the largest alliances. Right now you can see some clans winning 10+ times in a row.

Off-topic : The reason why i'm here today is because i thought Warframe was about playing as awesome magical space ninjas fighting against other players.

On topic : I dislike PvP in Warframe because it's ridiculously unbalanced :

- Toxic weapons ignore all my shield

- Ash's blade storm comes out of nowhere and kill everyone 

- Glaxion constantly deplete my shield and energy 

- Nyx Absorbing right in front of spawn

and the list goes on

Well I tried Pvp yesterday...

I am hooked on this games parkour as some might know so decided I should try pvp just for the hek of it. Spawned and then there was like 3 players just outside what seemed to be a forcefield protecting the spawnroom, they we're all spamming their abilities that could reach me (remember i'm in spawn area) got hit with bladestorm once and said to myself oh thats what this is all about lol. Then I respawn because blade storm killed me of course, they were still spamming away right there, they couldn't have been closer to the forcefield, so I decide to copter through them with my parkour skills, I manage to make it and go explore the map, and then after a while exploring on my own I died when invisible ash bladestormed me from somewhere I could not see...

Well thats it for me and pvp haha, PVP is completely broken, did not know what to do and enemies having access to spawn area is just nonsense.

This game is pve, unless they remove every mod and abbility from pvp it will never work imo.

I am hooked on this games parkour as some might know so decided I should try pvp just for the hek of it. Spawned and then there was like 3 players just outside what seemed to be a forcefield protecting the spawnroom, they we're all spamming their abilities that could reach me (remember i'm in spawn area) got hit with bladestorm once and said to myself oh thats what this is all about lol. Then I respawn because blade storm killed me of course, they were still spamming away right there, they couldn't have been closer to the forcefield, so I decide to copter through them with my parkour skills, I manage to make it and go explore the map, and then after a while exploring on my own I died when invisible ash bladestormed me from somewhere I could not see...

Dark Sectors suck. Everyone knows that. Try a conclave map, especially Europa. They're a lot of fun, and the map has some awesome parkour routes.

Dark Sectors suck. Everyone knows that. Try a conclave map, especially Europa. They're a lot of fun, and the map has some awesome parkour routes.

I could do that but I feel there is gonna be a little kid abusing some cheap trick to kill me everytime, I think I'm just too old for PVP lol, thats too bad because those maps look cool as hell, especially that low grav DS part but I will never have the chance to play with them unless they unlock them for solo play with minions maybe that could be cool, but pvp just aint for me, tennos aren't meant for dying they need to go fast and kill everything.

I could do that but I feel there is gonna be a little kid abusing some cheap trick to kill me everytime, I think I'm just too old for PVP lol, thats too bad because those maps look cool as hell, especially that low grav DS part but I will never have the chance to play with them unless they unlock them for solo play with minions maybe that could be cool, but pvp just aint for me, tennos aren't meant for dying they need to go fast and kill everything.

Conclaves run on honor rules. I've only ever seen someone abusing broken stuff a single time.

For the most part, people are good about not fighting dirty. Go check out some of the conclave tournament videos.

Well I tried Pvp yesterday...

Well thats it for me and pvp haha, PVP is completely broken, did not know what to do and enemies having access to spawn area is just nonsense.

This game is pve, unless they remove every mod and abbility from pvp it will never work imo.

The dark sector maps doesn't even have that much parkour. You should try Europa like vaugahn said. Most Conclave regulars hate Dark Sector Conflicts btw, its utterly broken.

Trust me it's not like that, you will be surprised... In the Conclave, the players that actually play there every day, despise cheap tactics like overpowered abilities, quick thinking, reflex guard, black energy invisibility, etc.

Conclaves run on honor rules. I've only ever seen someone abusing broken stuff a single time.

For the most part, people are good about not fighting dirty. Go check out some of the conclave tournament videos.

Thats good to hear, might try it someday and show off my parkour skills but for now I'm perfectly happy pulverasing hordes of minions and feeling almost invincible, I don't like to die at all and If I go the pvp route its something I'll have to live with :(

PvP games live and die with latency. Warframe doesn't even have dedicated servers, so PvP is laggy as hell about 90% of the time. 

It's also completely unbalanced and, imho, will never be balanced since DE is incapable of balancing even the darn PvE properly. And with every weapon and every mod released balance gets even more off whack... the PvP team has essentially no chance to catch up. But if they increase the focus on PvP there's a good chance it will be at the expense of PvE.

The release rate of new weapons is blazingly fast. I dare you to show me single PvP game that realeases so much content. They don't... because every weapon needs to get an extensive balance pass and even then OP, flavor of the month stuff gets out all the time.

And the last nail to the coffin of PvP (well, I guess conclaves and duels kinda work) was the decision to tie PvP into politics of Warframe aka Dark Sectors. You can only lose by not trying to exploit the system as much humanly possible... which is pretty easy. So all of the incentive is there for players to be as cheap as they can be (what a marvelous community this creates). And that... is why I hate PvP in this game (along with the Dark Sector politics BS). 

And elitism. Warframe is essentially built upon getting the most bling.. so fair enough. But combine that with PvP and people get really insufferable. I guess that I mostly hate Dark Sectors.. system so flawed that its entire removal and exorcism would be a net benefit to the game.

I would like a PvP where you get a set class. That can be balanced... I would also like to be able to play as Corpus against Grineer and vice versa. It wouldn't even screw lore so badly... Tenno killing Tenno... right. Meanwhile fussy mother Lotus tells me to leave mission when the three stooges appear cause I'm too precious to her.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Why are there so many people who hate pvp and claim it's broken? I want a real answer so I can stop thinking that most people just aren't good at playing the game or using its controls in high demand situations. I don't want that to be the default thought.

I wouldn't say it's broken. I'd say it's not very appealing to me compared to other PVP experiences. One major factor is DE's idea of an acceptable ping rate starts at 300 - that rules out and real chance at balanced hit detection. Also, if we are talking about dueling that would be more of a side game, like liars dice in red dead redemption, than an actual PVP experience. In regards to dark sectors conflicts... I just haven't been able to care - they are so vanilla.

As for using controls in high demand situations I wouldn't go with that line of thinking. If somebody is driven to succeed in PVP they will. Besides, warframe is preset to auto aim and auto melee so unless you are turning that off skill is irrelevant. It's about gear and mods more than skill. Yes, parkour is one way that warframe offers skill, but that but unless your doing obstacle course races as PVP... Didn't think so.

The thing is I'm not anti PVP, and I think it'd be great if warframe had a vibrant PVP aspect. The culture of games now where it's an eternal beta, like with that fail GTAV, is it fractures the player base. As one crowd decides this is crap another arrives and says get this ain't bad.

In the end I'd say just accept some people don't like it. There's nothing you can do to change it.

The problem with Warframe PvP is that everything else is designed for PvE. The mod system and the frames themselves are lenient in giving players a lot of damage and a lot of power. It's going to take a while to balance. e.g. Loki invis + Status built Vectis means that you're fully invisible and OHK everyone else on the DSC.

Additionally, the lack of dedicated servers really hurts the PvE experience as it doesn't make the gameplay very fair. When disconnects and rehosting happens, it also breaks the flow of the game instead of it being seamless like any other PvP game.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc

In general i dont hate Pvp in most games, what i do hate is unstructured pvp. This leads to ganking and trolling and griefing (aka the dark side of pvp). This seems the route that most take because its the easiest. I have never tried pvp in WF, nor will i. the game is balanced around pve and not pvp.

So since they say it's pointless to really debate this I'm just gonna say it this way.

Imho, no DE you should not invest any more ressources into PVP. Without making a huge mystery if you ever wanted PVP in the first place or not or no shallow BS debate that you obv. don't want/need.

PS: Just ask next time. Same with excal prime, just ask those who have it if it's ok to make more money on a rerelease (if that's what you want so badly) if debating it is pointless.

Edited by scavenge

Pvp is awesome, in open world mmorpgs especially where anyone could kill me or i kill them and take their money they havent banked yet or vice versa only because it adds an element of realism and difficulty to the game and creates a competitive environment that almost forces the player to be creative and ambitious. In Warframe though it would be nice to have a friendly fire setting when you make a game for  the hardcore players and maybe just make pvp more accessible for dueling each other essentially to see whose the best and/or to help each other improve more.

With the level of mobility and versatility that this game offers pvp would be extremely fun, I dont see why anyone would be opposed to a more developed pvp system here. 

So since they say it's pointless to really debate this I'm just gonna say it this way.

Imho, no DE you should not invest any more ressources into PVP. Without making a huge mystery if you ever wanted PVP in the first place or not or no shallow BS debate that you obv. don't want/need.

PS: Just ask next time. Same with excal prime, just ask those who have it if it's ok to make more money on a rerelease (if that's what you want so badly) if debating it is pointless.

...what does excal prime have anything to do with PvP?

For my part I avoid pvp in any game for in my head there is a big risk that 75% are hackers only and that just ruin the fun of it. So Haven't done much pvp sence the old days of counter strike and medal of honor allied assault. Do world of tanks some times but can only play like few battles its not a full day game for you just get pissed off on ppl in your team.

For my part I avoid pvp in any game for in my head there is a big risk that 75% are hackers only and that just ruin the fun of it. So Haven't done much pvp sence the old days of counter strike and medal of honor allied assault. Do world of tanks some times but can only play like few battles its not a full day game for you just get &!$$ed off on ppl in your team.

That's usually why there are seperate servers or modes for pve and pvp in online gaming so that players can choose instead of being forced to, I mean warframe is clearly all about co-op, not pvp. Though its fun to duel friends and I think the fact that its un balanced makes fights potentially more interesting, everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

That's not true. 

It is, though. While they never came out and said "We're not going to add PvP," that doesn't mean that they had plans in place to add it during early development. There were no scraps of PvP planned and it was only ever implemented after months of talk between DE inside of community threads.

They've outright said this in multiple devstreams before Conflicts were added and beta players know it to be true. Things have changed since then, and they're looking to expand the options in the game.

I am not a PvP player, But i like League of Legend and Dota2 

Current PvP system ,for example the battle system in Dojo, actually is fine if apply rule before fight. The rest of pvp i haven't try before, and basically i would use more time in farming Neural sensor. 

I choose to play this game is because of PvE content. Personally i hope Warframe can develop a better PvE game.