Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Upcoming Ability "augments"

ArnoDorian

I've watched the recent devstream and have heard that you can get ability augments from the syndicates in the new update. There is one thing that bothers me though. If the augments turned out to be mods it would completely shatter some people's builds. I think it would be better off being in a seperate section like the new ability menu :D. 

Edited by ArnoDorian

I didnt quite catch while watching the devstream. What do these augments do?

Does it strengthen our ability in damage or lets say for example with fireball from ember, do we shot suddenly 3 fireballs when we equip her augment?

One example the devs gave is Ash's Smoke Bomb affecting the entire team, allowing your entire party to go invisible. This may have been just an example though.

Imagine if there could be more augments similar to that hypothetical example of having Ash's Smokescreen affecting the whole team.

It would be super awesome if some of these mods forced you to sacrifice an aspect of an ability but have it be applied to the whole team?

To me it would be completely awesome if I ran with Loki that had an augment where regardless of how much duration mods I tacked on, the final duration of Invisibility was always reduced by 50%, but in return I can apply my Invisibility  onto all members of my squad.

Oh god how ridiculous would it be if DE ever released an augment that could make Rhinos be able to apply their Iron Skin onto their teammates? 

Woah...

This is pretty much what I thought as well.

And this has being toss around for a damn long time as well.

Glad to see it made it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55747-ability-runes-for-warframe-spells/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/224868-new-abilities-for-all-frames/

Edited by fatpig84

Imagine if there could be more augments similar to that hypothetical example of having Ash's Smokescreen affecting the whole team.

It would be super awesome if some of these mods forced you to sacrifice an aspect of an ability but have it be applied to the whole team?

To me it would be completely awesome if I ran with Loki that had an augment where regardless of how much duration mods I tacked on, the final duration of Invisibility was always reduced by 50%, but in return I can apply my Invisibility  onto all members of my squad.

Oh god how ridiculous would it be if DE ever released an augment that could make Rhinos be able to apply their Iron Skin onto their teammates? 

Woah...

Imagine Mirage clones...

Imagine Mirage clones...

Clones:

Prismatic clones - each clone fires a different element.

Singularity - 1 clone that is more powerful and runs around more freely.

Bodyguard - the clones won't fire any more, insted they will work as mobile cover.

9 lives - your lifeforce is split among yourself and 8 clones, you won't go down unless all clones run out of life - this makes you strong against single target fire but very voulerable vs. aoe damage.

or Iron skin:

Iron maiden - wrap an enemy in iron, paralyzing it while it succumbs to puncture and bleed damage.

Assault plating - buff the team with frontal cover, increasing damage resistance (armor) from enemies facing you.

Heavy armor - increases the damage resistance of iron skin, but slows the player down (run/reload/melee-speed)

Bladed wind - pieces of razor sharp shrapnel whirls around rhino damaging any who come close enough, medium chance of bleed proc.

Edited by Lactamid

Imagine Mirage clones...

Imagine Volt speed adding to the ROF of your guns but you move slightly slower than normal Speed XD

Iron Skin gets follow the leader, where IS becomes a team based duration buff, but lets all teammates enjoy iron skin for 30 or so seconds.

Desecrate explodes corpses instead of giving loot (but still gives O2, health and Energy), turning Nekros into an absolute Monster™

Edited by fatpig84