Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Prime Weapons Are Really Bad.

Innocent_Flower

Who says that every Orokin weapon has to be the best (or if not, very, very good)? 

While it is true that the Orokin Empire is very advanced, that does not mean that they would not have made crappy weapons down the road. 

But anyways, the Braton Prime should deserve a few buffs. 

There's a reason the Corpus tried to replicate it. Turns out their product is as good as the original itself?

So, all prime weapons should be OP?

No. No weapon should be a Boltor Prime, but they should all be definitely top tier.

They should be especially better than their non-prime counterparts, and often better than the other non-primes in their category (automatic rifles, semi auto shotguns, snipers, etc).

There's a reason the Corpus tried to replicate it. Turns out their product is as good as the original itself?

It can happen. It does happen in history (see China and all of their gun knockoffs [they work pretty good too as a replica]). So why not in Warframe? 

But that is not the point. While the Braton Prime does need a buff (and probably needs one quite quickly), is it really as bad as the original poster says?

It can happen. It does happen in history (see China and all of their gun knockoffs [they work pretty good too as a replica]). So why not in Warframe? 

But that is not the point. While the Braton Prime does need a buff (and probably needs one quite quickly), is it really as bad as the original poster says?

Plz, look at its stats. It's barely better than the Boltor itself.

Plz, look at its stats. It's barely better than the Boltor itself.

But it is not really like what the original poster is stating with the topic title. 

I mean, the Braton Prime is somewhat bad, but not 'really bad'. At its current iteration, the Braton Prime is still acceptable (by a loose tolerance). 

But it is not really like what the original poster is stating with the topic title. 

I mean, the Braton Prime is somewhat bad, but not 'really bad'. At its current iteration, the Braton Prime is still acceptable (by a loose tolerance). 

The only reason to use it over a normal Boltor is because of hitscan and crit. That's all it can do. And yes, the Karak and Dera is better. Same with Grakata. Almost all starter full auto rifle is better.

So, all prime weapons should be OP?

No, but they should be consistent. If Prime weapons are to be considered "top-tier" than why is the Boltor Prime more than twice as powerful as that original while the Braton and Sicarus Prime barely constitute as sidegrades?

IMHO, the ridiculously OP prime weapons should be toned down while the weaker ones get a slight buff, so that all the weapons achieve a middle ground for their damage output, after which the prime weapon you use becomes a matter of preference rather than one or two being the absolute best.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

My first Prime was an Orthos, and I must agree that playstyle is very important when weapons are in question. While my Dual Zorens can't hold a candle to the Orthos Prime build I use in terms of straight-up beatdown power, the crits are consistent, fast, and devastating in Conclave. Same for my Boltor Prime and my Paris Prime; my Boltor shoots much, much faster and deals heaps more damage. It's great for turning crowds into confetti. However, my Paris is so much more fun to use because of the crit build I have on it and the fact that I can nail four people together with one shot or kill foes through doors. It's a solid choice for PvP too. But the Paris is not the weapon I tote along to fight bigger bosses, the Boltor is. It just wins for me in vanilla output and speed. But it's not a bad weapon because i don't prefer to use it in that situation.

No weapon is truly awful if you build it correctly and use it in the right situation.

The only reason to use it over a normal Boltor is because of hitscan and crit. That's all it can do. And yes, the Karak and Dera is better. Same with Grakata. Almost all starter full auto rifle is better.

The Dera does need a bit of a lead, and the Grakata has quite a huge recoil causing some bullets to miss if unprepared or untrained with it. 

Other than that, I do agree with the Braton Prime buff, but it is not to say that it is really, really bad. 

everything is always compared with boltor prime check this

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243261-i-think-its-time-boltor-prime-stops-rendering-130-weapons-obsolete/

i still ask my self why DE people create this weapon so powerfull......

well i supose is simply cause we all have to use boltor prime its like a uniform

pd. i used  braton prime to level 30 and like it a lot but for his low damage i rather dont use a potato and formas. sometimes fun is just dont enough, i like it but in min 40 in survival t4 is not about your fun just need aceptable damage

Edited by ysmer

everything is always compared with boltor prime check this

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243261-i-think-its-time-boltor-prime-stops-rendering-130-weapons-obsolete/

i still ask my self why DE people create this weapon so powerfull......

well i supose is simply cause we all have to use boltor prime its like a uniform

pd. i used  braton prime to level 30 and like it a lot but for his low damage i rather dont use a potato and formas. sometimes fun is just dont enough, i like it but in min 40 in survival t4 is not about your fun just need aceptable damage

well I think don't using a potato nor forma is quite a trap , you close yourself some open door's to efficiency , as exemple , the marlok is average if not patatoed, same to the sicarus, I blame myself caus I don't have a potatos to put into my Burston prime and my tiberon , this weapon looks great to me ( and I need to say we didn't have many burst fire weapon (I don't see the sibaris as a burst fire )  btw this weapon seems to be build for crit AND status chance, the new hybrid mod will suit it well

Edited by ShinigamiZack

Where are the orokin cell drop rates fine? I had a long gap of no-play between 14.2 and .9 , though I checked the update info. Is ODD still not viable? Don't know. Does ceres suck still? Yes. At least we still have ruk *sigh* 

Honestly I got more cells on st.partricks day than I did in the rest of my 630 hours logged on steam. 

Where are the orokin cell drop rates fine? I had a long gap of no-play between 14.2 and .9 , though I checked the update info. Is ODD still not viable? Don't know. Does ceres suck still? Yes. At least we still have ruk *sigh* 

ODD is alright for Orokin Cell drops. 

I tend to run Mimas for Orokin Cells. Players can argue that it is not the most efficient way to get Orokin Cells, but at least the enemy spawns are (mostly) good. 

This again.

Most of the primes are in a good place. A few are not.

As for scythes, well, they all suck relatively speaking. The prime is the best of the lot, granted that it's a pretty mediocre lot. Maybe they'll see some improvement with heavy weapons.

The Braton Prime is a upgrade from the regular Braton and the best of that line. Again, it's old and has been bypassed. This one should see some improvement. The effort of obtaining it is way out of sync with where it is in the greater scheme of things. However, it's not a bad gun. It's quite good, the problem is it's relationship with the Burston Prime and Latron Prime (which has seen a buff, establishing precedent).

The rest are solid within their respective classes.

Hikou better than the Bronco Prime? You're high. Sober up. Lex better than the Sicarus Prime? Your reality is either skewed or you have no clue. Whichever it is, you should fix that.

"with the right build" 

Explain to me this build and how I can't make a significantly better build for a different, almost objectively superior prime weapon. 

With the right build and enough forma I can kick @$$ with a Mk1-braton. I'm just going to need a lot of forma. Don't give me the "if you put the time and forma needed into the weapons..." I'm sure with six forma you could make the braton prime comparable to the boltor prime, Though the Boltor prime would only need one forma to become better than the braton prime could ever be. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower