Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Forma

SaltyPopsicleZWZ

That's not the point. The amount of time is trivial. The fact that we're only getting refunded in forma is the unfair part.

You are getting back the resources you spent on formaing the slots. You can not properly compensate someone for "time and effort" how ever the common feeling is...formaing isn't that hard. The hardest part is getting the forma. Seriously, we don't need all this "Give me more because I feel my time was more important."

DE is kinda sorta sending a message. All the players who formaed away their slots to have more space for customization and ect, that wasn't what DE wanted. DE wanted you to use all of your abilities. Me, I've been with this game since...forever. I've been using the same six slots for all my warframes to customize and create builds, and you know what? I kick &#! at the game. I have hardly ANY problems with just SIX slots. Now I'm getting an extra two? Plus all my abilities? Oh heck yes.

I kinda wanna say, to all the people who formaed away all their ability slots. Why were you playing warframe? I mean, I don't want to sound rude, but...warframe powers are kinda the reason you play a warframe. They are the reason you use that specific warframe. If you're here, playing this game, and not even intending to use one of the very cores of the game, the warframe, to it's full potential, why are you playing this game? It's Space Ninja's, not freaking Wall Run Shooting Simulator, cmon people.

Tired of people always saying this crap "Oh, I was playing the game a way the developers didn't want me to, now they are changing it and giving me back stuff I spent on my warframe, but I want better stuff because I'm special and deserve better." DE Doesn't even have to give you back your forma, they could say "It's a changing game, sorry folks." Seriously, look at all the people who want excalibro prime. Never. Getting it. tough luck folks.

That's not the point. The amount of time is trivial. The fact that we're only getting refunded in forma is the unfair part.

You just bit your tail there. Only two things are on this issue: the time to level up after foma'ing a equipment, and the forma itself.

Yet, you said the time is trivial and getting just the forma is unfair...

I am with the people saying getting the forma is good enough. I see no reason for anything else.

mainly because i was unaware of those other ones :)  and more people shouting this idea the better 

Not really. This means at least 22 of those 23 posters didn't even bother to take a look at the forums or use the search feature before adding another redundant topic.

Ye uve invested ur time for formaing but u also get to keep the credits , mods , resources u have found while leveling up.

So to be fair . If there were handing out legendary formas , take away like 50k credit per legendary forma , and any mods or resouces from the last period of leveling up the frame .

Ye that sounds fair

Or

Just go with the dam normal formas

Seriously... To hell with the compensating this or that

You are getting back the resources you spent on formaing the slots. You can not properly compensate someone for "time and effort" how ever the common feeling is...formaing isn't that hard. The hardest part is getting the forma. Seriously, we don't need all this "Give me more because I feel my time was more important."

DE is kinda sorta sending a message. All the players who formaed away their slots to have more space for customization and ect, that wasn't what DE wanted. DE wanted you to use all of your abilities. Me, I've been with this game since...forever. I've been using the same six slots for all my warframes to customize and create builds, and you know what? I kick @$$ at the game. I have hardly ANY problems with just SIX slots. Now I'm getting an extra two? Plus all my abilities? Oh heck yes.

I kinda wanna say, to all the people who formaed away all their ability slots. Why were you playing warframe? I mean, I don't want to sound rude, but...warframe powers are kinda the reason you play a warframe. They are the reason you use that specific warframe. If you're here, playing this game, and not even intending to use one of the very cores of the game, the warframe, to it's full potential, why are you playing this game? It's Space Ninja's, not freaking Wall Run Shooting Simulator, cmon people.

Tired of people always saying this crap "Oh, I was playing the game a way the developers didn't want me to, now they are changing it and giving me back stuff I spent on my warframe, but I want better stuff because I'm special and deserve better." DE Doesn't even have to give you back your forma, they could say "It's a changing game, sorry folks." Seriously, look at all the people who want excalibro prime. Never. Getting it. tough luck folks.

Whoa, didn't expect this long committed comment, but I really 100% agree with your views on using abilities. I always use 3-4 abilities.

Here, https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/326578-for-the-people-who-use-no-abilities/page-9, I've been arguing to a guy who won't change his mind to change his build from no ability to using abilities.

I guess DE's point on this refunding forma goes back to their hope for players to actually care using abilities, for those who don't.

Kinda flustered to get this comment on my little comment, but I share your thoughts.

You just bit your tail there. Only two things are on this issue: the time to level up after foma'ing a equipment, and the forma itself.

Yet, you said the time is trivial and getting just the forma is unfair...

I am with the people saying getting the forma is good enough. I see no reason for anything else.

Get your argument correctly. I strictly said amount of time, not the time. And I was referring to his saying, amount of time that takes for him to get to 30.

I was very vague, sorry.

Edited by GaiaNyix

Why are people arguing against getting a legendary forma? If DE does cave, it wouldn't hurt much. I personally dont think we need it, but i wont crusade against those that DO think we need it. 

DE wont get their feelings hurt by people demanding things. No need to jump to their defense.

weapons level alot faster than warframes

This depends on how you play. In my experience during battle you're switching between three different weapons which relatively slow down your exp gain for those weapons. Your frame on the other hand is always equipped and can't be changed so the exp isn't spread out between more then one frame. Meaning your frame levels much faster then your guns. However you could take the hard route and only equip one weapon but this means you would have to go to lower level planets, slowing your exp gain.

On to the topic at hand, DE has given fair warning that players may be liable for their own lose (in this case time) because the game is updated so frequently. However they still reimburse people to the best of their ability. The way they are doing it this time seems great because you can re-forma your frame then go level up again on awesome new tilesets with new missions and a whole new play style. Essentialy it would be like your starting from scratch level 0 and everything.

Why are people arguing against getting a legendary forma? If DE does cave, it wouldn't hurt much. I personally dont think we need it, but i wont crusade against those that DO think we need it. 

DE wont get their feelings hurt by people demanding things. No need to jump to their defense.

Why are people arguing for more? What exactly entitles you to more than what is fair? This is just another look at what is going wrong not only in the US but world wide... Everyone thinks someone else owes them something more.. Being nice isn't good enough you feel that you need more... It's a principal point more than anything...

There are a few reasons for the opposition of legendary forma. First of all, it makes no sense. It isn't that hard to level a warframe. Secondly, and in my mind more importantly, of DE DOES cave, then that line is crossed. It no longer exists. That is the president that hads been set and as such every time they do something like this people will say "well you did this last time, why don't I get that treatment?" Fundamentally it is an issue of entitlement.

and the response from de

get your frame forma'd 3-4 times to get those 1-2 legendary forma. 

Again , as i said , you'll only gonna loose 2 ability slots. How many slots are there in a warframe 10,8 after update? how many times youd forma your warframe 3-4? youd still have around 4 more room to put forma on. Reassign your forma slot maybe?

It is, as the changes only affect the Warframes, not other stuff. Look at this way, if that is going to happen, people here will madly forma their waframes that they didnt care about just to the get that legendary forma and use that on the on weapons they want then sell those unwanted warframes again because of wasted slot.

The effort that your saying is spend on the warframes not on others, and how is it wasted if you dont lose much stuff as De stated?

On the response of De, youre still not satisfied? and why?

Edited by CrystalRibbon

The compensation thing is just make more arguing people. If they just say we let you customize with 10 slot on warframe and we remove or nerf those corrupted mods and buff and make sense for mods what was garbage then this all not happening. 

Peoples who want variety always will cry if the option is reduced and who played "correctly" using all of 4 abilities then just gratz. Not everybody playing for abilities many people like the design also. The mod system shown have it's weakpoints and many people varied their build because no have room to customize.

This game is really badly hand the rpg elements. I can imaginge a better system without powercreep and powercreep sayers. 

There are a few reasons for the opposition of legendary forma. First of all, it makes no sense. It isn't that hard to level a warframe. Secondly, and in my mind more importantly, of DE DOES cave, then that line is crossed. It no longer exists. That is the president that hads been set and as such every time they do something like this people will say "well you did this last time, why don't I get that treatment?" Fundamentally it is an issue of entitlement.

First of all, it's depends on the amount of frames you have -- leveling one is not hard, leveling ten or more few times is something different.

Secondly, what line ? We already had legendary cores, arcane helmets and maybe something else i've already forgot. People are not asking for something unheard and unreasonable.

Fundamentally it's an issue of goodwill -- DE do good for us, we do good for them.

Edited by Shezo

Is there a point to not be a thief just because you're not being punished for it?

/analogy

Your comparing a criminal act to something thats merely a mistake dude, if youre a thief, you can negatively affect someone by stealing from them, if you post a topic on forums, you're simply adding a topic to discussion, if it was severe enough that we had all these threads of the same thing, people would report them to be merged. You can't negatively affect anyone simply by reposting a topic.

Be open to discussion, thats what the forums are for. Instead of trying to demonise people for reposting threads about the same topic, why not show a good example by reporting the aforementioned threads and advise them not to do so, not simply toss around accusations about people creating redundant threads

Edited by Somedude1000

On-Topic:

Even without an Affinity Booster, it's easy to level stuff.

Edit: Don't hate me for the video, i found it funny.

Agreed, an affinity booster is probably best, even if we have to relevel it, 1 hr is barely any time compared to normal play, easily one defense mission

Edited by Somedude1000

I've ranked weapons and warframes (without using an affinity booster mind you) from zero to 30 in under an hour and a half. Pretty sure that just giving us back the forma is good enough. 

please, could you give the reading audience advice or example HOW you did that in that time, how can this happen in such a short amount of time ?