Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan/alliance Emblems Should Be Free

Nah_NotReally

Keep the rules for creating an emblem as they stop warlords from changing it too frequently, but the clan/alliance members shouldn't have to pay platinum to wear them.

When I say "free," I don't mean absolutely free. It should cost 50,000 credits or something. Plat doesn't come easily to everyone.

INB4 DE has to eat.

There's always that one guy that says this in every platinum related topic. They won't lose their food and houses if this one item (that I never see used whatsoever, might I add) goes for credits instead. Surely the fact that they release new guns in the market constantly could make up for this.

I'm not saying I agree with the OP or that I don't, but I'm saying that your post is not necessary.

It costs platinum mainly because it is not required, and, though minor, it is part of their revenue.

Some cosmetics have been released that require no purchases, and more will likely come now that the game is taking off.

It is mostly between forcing you to pay for weapons, or forcing you to pay for cosmetics. 

I rather like the current business direction. 

Because the emblem has no in-game effect, I do not support a change.

There's always that one guy that says this in every platinum related topic. They won't lose their food and houses if this one item (that I never see used whatsoever, might I add) goes for credits instead. Surely the fact that they release new guns in the market constantly could make up for this.

I'm not saying I agree with the OP or that I don't, but I'm saying that your post is not necessary.

Also btw we have a whole trading channel constantly trading for plat so are DE now starving? no.

I think you're misinterpreting my post, or I'm misinterpreting your reaction. What I said means precisely the same as the first sentence in Kaiczar's post.

I think you're misinterpreting my post, or I'm misinterpreting your reaction. What I said means precisely the same as the first sentence in Kaiczar's post.

And also you misinterpret my post as well, I'm not saying as directly towards you but to all who thinks that way from a little plat change.

DE is not a charity, nor are they subsidence farmers.  They have a duty to their shareholders to make as much profit as possible.

The community has been very vocal that DE should focus more on cosmetic items then in-game equipment.  A personalized cosmetic item, particularly one with social significance, is about the perfect item to accomplish those goals.  It lets DE make a profit without selling I-win guns or the like, and in fact does not affect gameplay at all. 

If the plat doesn't come easily, fine.  Your gameplay is completely unaffected. 

If looking good matters to you, spend the money, or pimp yourself out as a farmer to someone who will spend the money (ie, trade).  But DE is in this to profit, and unless you'd rather they sell power directly - pay to win - deal with the cosmetics being plat only.

Honestly I personaly think these should be clan tech to build them, as that makes a lot of sence.  Should they do it for all cosmetics though, of course not.  DE still makes cash off the 150 plat to have the emblem added to the game.

Infact the entire argument that DE looses money due to building/buying ingame is moot becuse DE sells weapons (a single purchase per account) for plat that you can also build ingame, so they obviously do make money off things you can build anyway.

It is unlikely they will charge players for sigils for syndicates too, yet they are much the same thing.

Edited by Loswaith

I made the 150p to upload my clan's emblem by trading so I know what I'm doing and there should be no further need for assumptions. My personal cosmetics are bought so I help fund the game as well.

This isn't a request to make everything free, it's to adjust the manner in which a player can receive an emblem.

I would vote for a credit OR plat purchase, with a construction time...

Honestly I personaly think these should be clan tech to build them, as that makes a lot of sence.  Should they do it for all cosmetics though, of course not.  DE still makes cash off the 150 plat to have the emblem added to the game.

Infact the entire argument that DE looses money due to building/buying ingame is moot becuse DE sells weapons (a single purchase per account) for plat that you can also build ingame, so they obviously do make money off things you can build anyway.

It is unlikely they will charge players for sigils for syndicates too, yet they are much the same thing.

Making the emblem a research item but also purchasable (like weapons) is the best idea. Put in research, replicate the bp, build it and wait 12 or 24 hours OR buy it for 30p.

Add that to the 150p needed to upload it.

OP isn't talking about the upload, they're talking about the badge.  The upload is pretty fair as well-  it is once again, purely cosmetic;  DE has to screen all those uploads as well, so a price is to be expected so they don't get spammed with joke emblems.