Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Limbo

Renegade343

I think Limbo is an experiment.

Notice that he's the first frame with a removable part. I think the devs are experimenting with new animations for frames, and a hat is an easy way to have a frame remove a part of themselves without things getting weird. 

since the void corrupts,how awesome would it have been if they went in a different direction,like body parts were kinda connected like in the boss fight in metal gear revengeance.

guess i feel disappointed,when i heard void sorcerer and that it controls certain aspects of void i was thinking something more twisted/darker.

and we got a literal void magician.

remember DE said the next frame would be dangly bits frame. hes so dangly he can take his hat off. also hes new hes not from the old war to our knowlogy yet. we have to wait to found out why hes so gentlemanly

I think 'dangly bits' mean something along the lines of cloth physics and such, not taking off parts of an armour. 

Note 1: This thread's contents is based on the current information we have about Limbo, and may not be the case when U15 comes. 

Note 2: This thread also contains some of my opinions, although I will try my best to be fair. 

Hello all, 

This thread will be about a discussion about Limbo, in terms of his actions seen in the trailers and promotional images. The content is below: 

Limbo is meant to be a 'Void magician', in which he would most likely have some sort of dimensional-manipulating powers and such (from his name, and his theme). To fit his theme, he is designed like a magician, with a trenchcoat(?), a white suit and a top hat. The topic that this thread will be discussing about is his actions with his top hat. 

While Limbo could be a fun Warframe to play, from the trailer and promotional images, it can be seen that he can remove his top hat (or tip it). When I saw this, my reaction was that the action of tipping his top hat felt a bit off. The reason why I felt as such is because most, if not all, Warframes are designed to feel battle-hardened (or something along those lines) (although one could argue that some are less designed to feel battle-hardened), but the impression that Limbo gave me from that action is that he feels too, for lack of a better word, gentlemanly. That is not to say that this is a bad thing (and opposers of my view have a legitimate point in saying that it gives the Warframe some personality and flair), but it kind of does not fit in with other Warframes in that aspect. 

Of course, that is not to say that I am hating it, but it does feel a bit cringe-worthy to see it play. My only suggestion with this Warframe (as of now) is if this animation were to show on this Warframe, would it be a reasonable request to limit it to idle animations, and maybe not when casting powers (I do understand that magicians tend to create magic out from their top hats, but that action kind of not fits into the mood of Warframe)?

Please discuss constructively about this matter. 

Renegad343

Agreed and lookie here. You must log into youtube to see the vid. The subject of the "feel" of Warframe was discussed, and top hats were actually specifically mentioned. I remember watching this devstream way back. http://youtu.be/e2ZdDQTa-wU?t=46m55s

Things will change I suppose. I do not mind silly stuff, but I feel the top hat is just way too on the nose. Hey, creativity is hard, I'm faced with it every single day in my day job. That being said, I love the powers concept and will eventually play this frame I'm pretty sure.

But come on, now I want my MLP suit for my Kubrow to be added in!

Note 1: This thread's contents is based on the current information we have about Limbo, and may not be the case when U15 comes. 

Note 2: This thread also contains some of my opinions, although I will try my best to be fair. 

Hello all, 

This thread will be about a discussion about Limbo, in terms of his actions seen in the trailers and promotional images. The content is below: 

Limbo is meant to be a 'Void magician', in which he would most likely have some sort of dimensional-manipulating powers and such (from his name, and his theme). To fit his theme, he is designed like a magician, with a trenchcoat(?), a white suit and a top hat. The topic that this thread will be discussing about is his actions with his top hat. 

While Limbo could be a fun Warframe to play, from the trailer and promotional images, it can be seen that he can remove his top hat (or tip it). When I saw this, my reaction was that the action of tipping his top hat felt a bit off. The reason why I felt as such is because most, if not all, Warframes are designed to feel battle-hardened (or something along those lines) (although one could argue that some are less designed to feel battle-hardened), but the impression that Limbo gave me from that action is that he feels too, for lack of a better word, gentlemanly. That is not to say that this is a bad thing (and opposers of my view have a legitimate point in saying that it gives the Warframe some personality and flair), but it kind of does not fit in with other Warframes in that aspect. 

Of course, that is not to say that I am hating it, but it does feel a bit cringe-worthy to see it play. My only suggestion with this Warframe (as of now) is if this animation were to show on this Warframe, would it be a reasonable request to limit it to idle animations, and maybe not when casting powers (I do understand that magicians tend to create magic out from their top hats, but that action kind of not fits into the mood of Warframe)?

Please discuss constructively about this matter. 

Renegad343

from what little i have seen from on limbo i get more of an insane vibe from him. Like maybe all the inter-planar travel has sent him over the rail...and now all he knows is killing...the tip of the hat is all that's left of the tenno that once was.

I bet Limbo and Mirage will go well as a couple.....because he's a gentletenno and she's a lady :3 

There's this sort of duality going on between them too.

With the Video out, it seems Limbo focuses heavily on manipulation of enemies.

Moreover depending on how Void Walk works it seems he could strike at enemies with near-impunity.

Mirage from my experiences though, is very heavily skewered towards the paradigm of "You can't kill me if I killed you first!"

This is not what I expected from Limbo. When I first heard the name of the new Warframe I was like:

"Guys! :o What if we can go through dimensions n' stuff and like not get seen! It would be like Loki and Nova had some kind of mix!~ ahshdba!~~"

Then after seeing videos... Reading revies.... Surfing the forums.... I was just.... So... Dissapointed. But what do I know. I already got the blueprints for the mission and the Warframe itself. Once I get Limbo I'll see. Maybe I'm right... Maybe he is just a joke. Maybe this is just because of other peoples opinions. I dont know. But whatever. I just hope that they can start updating Limbo because he just seems retarted right now. Well. Wish me luck! Im headed to the void for more components.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Limbo is an experiment.

Notice that he's the first frame with a removable part. I think the devs are experimenting with new animations for frames, and a hat is an easy way to have a frame remove a part of themselves without things getting weird. 

inb4 DE makes hats for all frames

Hatframe!

This is not what I expected from Limbo. When I first heard the name of the new Warframe I was like:

"Guys! :o What if we can go through dimensions n' stuff and like not get seen! It would be like Loki and Nova had some kind of mix!~ ahshdba!~~"

Then after seeing videos... Reading revies.... Surfing the forums.... I was just.... So... Dissapointed. But what do I know. I already got the blueprints for the mission and the Warframe itself. Once I get Limbo I'll see. Maybe I'm right... Maybe he is just a joke. Maybe this is just because of other peoples opinions. I dont know. But whatever. I just hope that they can start updating Limbo because he just seems retarted right now. Well. Wish me luck! Im headed to the void for more components.

Sorry to post twice in a row but I wanted to say that the interdimensional thing in practice is designed a bit like etherial mechanic in dungeons and dragons, it wasnt what I expected either but it still makes sense.