Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Limbo

Renegade343

Note 1: This thread's contents is based on the current information we have about Limbo, and may not be the case when U15 comes. 

Note 2: This thread also contains some of my opinions, although I will try my best to be fair. 

Hello all, 

This thread will be about a discussion about Limbo, in terms of his actions seen in the trailers and promotional images. The content is below: 

Limbo is meant to be a 'Void magician', in which he would most likely have some sort of dimensional-manipulating powers and such (from his name, and his theme). To fit his theme, he is designed like a magician, with a trenchcoat(?), a white suit and a top hat. The topic that this thread will be discussing about is his actions with his top hat. 

While Limbo could be a fun Warframe to play, from the trailer and promotional images, it can be seen that he can remove his top hat (or tip it). When I saw this, my reaction was that the action of tipping his top hat felt a bit off. The reason why I felt as such is because most, if not all, Warframes are designed to feel battle-hardened (or something along those lines) (although one could argue that some are less designed to feel battle-hardened), but the impression that Limbo gave me from that action is that he feels too, for lack of a better word, gentlemanly. That is not to say that this is a bad thing (and opposers of my view have a legitimate point in saying that it gives the Warframe some personality and flair), but it kind of does not fit in with other Warframes in that aspect. 

Of course, that is not to say that I am hating it, but it does feel a bit cringe-worthy to see it play. My only suggestion with this Warframe (as of now) is if this animation were to show on this Warframe, would it be a reasonable request to limit it to idle animations, and maybe not when casting powers (I do understand that magicians tend to create magic out from their top hats, but that action kind of not fits into the mood of Warframe)?

Please discuss constructively about this matter. 

Renegad343

Note 1: This thread's contents is based on the current information we have about Limbo, and may not be the case when U15 comes. 

Note 2: This thread also contains some of my opinions, although I will try my best to be fair. 

Hello all, 

This thread will be about a discussion about Limbo, in terms of his actions seen in the trailers and promotional images. The content is below: 

Limbo is meant to be a 'Void magician', in which he would most likely have some sort of dimensional-manipulating powers and such (from his name, and his theme). To fit his theme, he is designed like a magician, with a trenchcoat(?), a white suit and a top hat. The topic that this thread will be discussing about is his actions with his top hat. 

While Limbo could be a fun Warframe to play, from the trailer and promotional images, it can be seen that he can remove his top hat (or tip it). When I saw this, my reaction was that the action of tipping his top hat felt a bit off. The reason why I felt as such is because most, if not all, Warframes are designed to feel battle-hardened (or something along those lines) (although one could argue that some are less designed to feel battle-hardened), but the impression that Limbo gave me from that action is that he feels too, for lack of a better word, gentlemanly. That is not to say that this is a bad thing (and opposers of my view have a legitimate point in saying that it gives the Warframe some personality and flair), but it kind of does not fit in with other Warframes in that aspect. 

Of course, that is not to say that I am hating it, but it does feel a bit cringe-worthy to see it play. My only suggestion with this Warframe (as of now) is if this animation were to show on this Warframe, would it be a reasonable request to limit it to idle animations, and maybe not when casting powers (I do understand that magicians tend to create magic out from their top hats, but that action kind of not fits into the mood of Warframe)?

Please discuss constructively about this matter. 

Renegad343

So what you're saying is that he's the perfect frame if you want to be fancy ?

If Zatanna can get away with having a top hat and being a hero, I think Limbo can as well.

That and I honestly think that transdimensional wizards don't care about conventional weaponry as you might think. 

Edited by Kinperor

I think Limbo is an experiment.

Notice that he's the first frame with a removable part. I think the devs are experimenting with new animations for frames, and a hat is an easy way to have a frame remove a part of themselves without things getting weird. 

Notice that he's the first frame with a removable part. I think the devs are experimenting with new animations for frames, and a hat is an easy way to have a frame remove a part of themselves without things getting weird. 

Warframes are just armor anyways, the tenno inside is probably not getting part of his head removed when the "hat" is

Edited by newnar

I kind of agree. I love the concept and the look but it almost seems like he has a bit... too much personality?

Considering how the rest of the frames roll it almost seems a bit too comical for a void twisted humanoid shoved in a suit and bred for nothing but fighting.

Then again if the void drove limbo frames insane in a manner similar to say, the Joker, then it kind of works in a weird pattern  breaking way. I don't hate it by anymeans, its just left me a tad conflicted. He has the most personality by far.

Also, seeing as warframe is effectively a Tennos second skin, the detachable hat seems off.

I love the idea, it just seems a bit weird in the context of the game. If its just in idle animations I won't mind, because then its no different to the sassy kiss mirage blows in her noble set.

Still think he might end up becoming one of my favorite frames.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Then again, it does feel a bit off for him to go and remove his top hat (and especially if in battle). 

Warframes are just armor anyways, the tenno inside is probably not getting part of his head removed when the "hat" is

I never said anything about removing heads. All I said that removing the top hat feels a bit off. 

what battle-hardened.....he kills, that's what matters, why do people always judge from looks?

also....it only shows him removing his tophat in the video teaser, that doesn't mean he'll remove his hat in the liset or in battle 

Edited by Kenshin98

what battle-hardened.....he kills, that's what matters, why do people always judge from looks 

There are players that care about aesthetics over function. 

I find it odd that you created a speculation thread 90 minutes before the update.

To be honest, this is not so much as a speculation thread than just an observation. 

also....it only shows him removing his tophat in the video teaser, that doesn't mean he'll remove his hat in the liset or in battle 

Promotional image as well.

And most of the time, things that are seen in the promotional image tend to be within the game (an example would be Valkyr's Bonds in her promotional image, which is then added in-game as a cosmetic item). 

I find it odd that you created a speculation thread 90 minutes before the update.

The update is that soon? Normally DE is a day behind me (I live in Aus) so I get updates a day later then the date they mentioned. If U15 is coming on the 24th, which is currently what it is for me, then wouldn't it be coming out in another 12 or so hours?

Or am I getting something confused?

Probably that.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The update is that soon? Normally DE is a day behind me (I live in Aus) so I get updates a day later then the date they mentioned. If U15 is coming on the 24th, which is currently what it is for me, then wouldn't it be coming out in another 12 or so hours?

Or am I getting something confused?

Probably that.

Then again, you are going to have to download the update with a hell lot of people at one time (remember U14 and the download speeds for the most of us?), so you could be correct on getting the update a day later. 

It seems to look like part of his head, I'm going to reserve final judgement until I see it in action. 

Limbo_Rock.jpg

Hmm....that does look a little weird... but looking at it more I quickly get used to it so I'm not giving it enough credit. Plus the abilities sound awesome enough to make up for lack of appearance....

Also: is that a microwave/toaster gun?

also...if you hate the hat,use his future alt helm.....every warframe has at least one, he doesn't have his (I think?) but just wait an update or 2, they'll release one for sure 

I have this small feeling that the top of his alternate helmets are removable as well, but I shall wait and see if that is the case.

It seems to look like part of his head, I'm going to reserve final judgement until I see it in action. 

Limbo_Rock.jpg

if the hat is part of his head it could provide further evidence for the theory that all tenno are beings that are comprised of mostly energy (that would also explain the instant sex changes)

Then again, you are going to have to download the update with a hell lot of people at one time (remember U14 and the download speeds for the most of us?), so you could be correct on getting the update a day later. 

I actually had no problems with downloading U14 weirdly enough and I started updating within half an hour or so of its release. Oh well, in anycase I'm not gonna complain if it is dropping earlier then expected. I might actually get to play a bit tonight if it is. Assuming it isn't delayed of course.

Get ready for the forums to blow up.

Edited by StinkyPygmy