Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Augment Mod: Soul Survivor

Dalawantahr

Description:

Nekros: Soul Punch: Soul Survivor: Using Soul Punch on a downed ally will instantly revive the ally with % of health. Nekros's health will drop to % and all his shields and energy will be consumed.

Was expecting something else for my Nekros, quite disappointed to be honest. I only see this useful when in a very tight situation (high level difficulty) when we really need to revive somebody ASAP. But with the hefty penalty I don't see this applicable. What do you guys think?

Well its the only instant revive ability in the game and I think it comes with a reasonable price. You can cast it from a safe distance and I can see it getting a squad out of quite a few sticky situations without relying in the usual tanky or CC heavy frames. 

I like the idea personally but I wont now how well it works until I use it.

Besides, we will probably see more additions in the future. Nekros could get some stuff more to your liking. This is only the first run after all. That being said, it might have made more sense to make it a trinity related ability.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The problem is the energy cost is way too high.  Yes, it can be offset by using energy restores but you still lose health and shields as well.  Also, there is the issue of reviving an ally in a still hostile area and needing line of sight to even target them, not to mention the 50m target limit.  I guess since Nekros is due for a rebalance DE might as well add this to the list as well.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

That being said, it might have made more sense to make it a trinity related ability.

Indeed, would suit her like a glove.

I love it, I intend to use it - even if I have to buy it from those hostile to the Veil.

Hmm...ally downed, cast SotD to draw aggro, cast Terrify, and then Soul Punch. Yes yes doable. But I wonder the no shield will effect QT. Very risky move casting Soul Survivor.

This is honestly the worst ability idea I have ever seen implemented on Warframe. Like, really... Soul Punch is already completely useless, then they choose to focus on it by adding a VERY situational "bonus" that actually PUNISHES you for using it (ALL MY SHIELDS AND ENERGY? SERIOUSLY?) It's way easier to just cast terrify and/or shadows of the dead for 100 energy and calmly revive your stupid downed ally, if they so deserve on the first place. Really disappointed with this. 

This is honestly the worst ability idea I have ever seen implemented on Warframe. Like, really... Soul Punch is already completely useless, then they choose to focus on it by adding a VERY situational "bonus" that actually PUNISHES you for using it (ALL MY SHIELDS AND ENERGY? SERIOUSLY?) It's way easier to just cast terrify and/or shadows of the dead for 100 energy and calmly revive your stupid downed ally, if they so deserve on the first place. Really disappointed with this. 

I'm about 300% sure you haven't gotten the mod yet to try it out. And I'm about 350% sure you have NO idea how it's gonna play out when you do get it. 

Please put a lid on all that anger, it makes you look ridiculous. 

I'm about 300% sure you haven't gotten the mod yet to try it out. And I'm about 350% sure you have NO idea how it's gonna play out when you do get it. 

Please put a lid on all that anger, it makes you look ridiculous. 

I have a perfectly clear description of HOW does the power work to take my conclusions of. I have the perfect idea of how it will play out when I get it (that's why I won't get it on the first place), Please, spare me your "YOU DON'T HAVE IT YET, SO IT MUST BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT THE POWER DESCRIPTION IS, SO YOUR CONCLUSIONS ARE A HATEFUL DISTORTION OF REALITY!" speech. It honestly makes you look ridiculous.

Not happy with most the frame specific mods by description. For the elements, we don't need a frame to do that, we got mods for what we're interested in. For more damage, just what the public wants, HoM to do MORE damage....

Nekros, doesn't need a sacrifice for a revive. Soul Punch is dang hard to use anyway. For some reason my is seriously unresponsive and wants precision aiming big time. 

I think the idea is that, as Nekros, you are usually surrounded by extra energy and health orbs because of Desecrate, thus losing your shields and energy isnt too big a deal.

Or at least thats how I think the devs justified it.

Its not perfect obviously because there will be times when you ARENT surrounded by health or energy and use the skill.

I suppose on the plus side, it is long ranged meaning you can cast it from relative safety, revive an ally, then wait for your shield to restore.

It will probably be very useful in ODD and other defense maps where there are spots you can "snipe revive" allies from a long range where enemies generally wont be clustered around.

This still doesnt fix the whole 'all your energy is gone' thing but we will see how it plays out.

My worry is that this rework of the skill clearly benefits efficiency-nekros players the most. Which yes is the majority because of desecrate, but also leaves me cold as it gives me the impression Shadows of the Dead won't be reworked and all nekros changes in the future will be balanced around desecrate spam.

Which I really REALLY hope isnt the case.

I use desecrate but I greatly dislike the skill and I'd be happy to see it removed in favor of something more befitting a necromancer.

But as it is now, it seems like DE are tailoring things FOR desecrate.

You know, I'll understand a % drain on BOTH health and energy, but destroying 2/3 of Nekros's survivability while taking a chunk of the 3rd isn't exactly good on a frame that is already squishy as hell. Bad call, DE, bad call. Imagine trying to soul punch and enemy and accidentally firing it off at a fallen ally. Good luck making out of that one alive.

Interesting idea, poor execution. The cost for reviving someone is a little too great, especially when Nekros is already pretty good at rezzing people as mentioned above me. I think if it had a long internal cooldown instead of the energy/shield drain, it would be balanced.

I think the idea is that, as Nekros, you are usually surrounded by extra energy and health orbs because of Desecrate, thus losing your shields and energy isnt too big a deal.

Or at least thats how I think the devs justified it.

Its not perfect obviously because there will be times when you ARENT surrounded by health or energy and use the skill.

I suppose on the plus side, it is long ranged meaning you can cast it from relative safety, revive an ally, then wait for your shield to restore.

It will probably be very useful in ODD and other defense maps where there are spots you can "snipe revive" allies from a long range where enemies generally wont be clustered around.

This still doesnt fix the whole 'all your energy is gone' thing but we will see how it plays out.

My worry is that this rework of the skill clearly benefits efficiency-nekros players the most. Which yes is the majority because of desecrate, but also leaves me cold as it gives me the impression Shadows of the Dead won't be reworked and all nekros changes in the future will be balanced around desecrate spam.

Which I really REALLY hope isnt the case.

I use desecrate but I greatly dislike the skill and I'd be happy to see it removed in favor of something more befitting a necromancer.

But as it is now, it seems like DE are tailoring things FOR desecrate.

I'm actually okay with this if the devs decide to totally rework Desecrate. As in, if it becomes an aura or a life drain or something similar. As it stands, Soul Survivor adds a novel kink to his gameplay, but in the end he's still stuck pressing 3 for 45 mins to an hour.

Love the sound of it, reminds me of the BL2 Siren's ability to revive teammates with her phaselock, but I gotta agree that health and shields and your whole energy pool is a bit much when you could've just spammed Shadows and Terrify for a fraction of the cost. I much prefer Noble_Cactus's suggestion to just put a cooldown on the revive time.