Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corrupt Mod - Transient Fortitude

Koed

OMG YAY thanks DE!!!

Now ill get it, but I don't know for what though, cause I have a trinity and well, -%Duration is really bad so........but the 50% power strength.....urgh.........

power strength isn't really needed on the trinity after you get Intensify + Blind rage, by then 250 energy a energy vamp seems decent enough XD

Design confirmation at this time: They will be fixed to be equipped simultaneously.

Is that a design flaw/bug that was overlooked, or was it intentional and is now being fixed because of demand?

Edited by Pandolu

Is that a design flaw/bug that was overlooked, or was it intentional and is now being fixed because of demand?

I kinda hope it was uninententional, because if this was "fixed due to demand" then it's just another case where DE caved in and let the tryhards make themselves even more powerful in a game that, according to these same people, is "too easy".

Regardless, Transient Fortitude only provides a 24% boost to power strength over what Intensify + Blind Rage already offers.  No matter what the motivating factor was behind DE's fix that is not overpowered by any means.  Good to know that players now have a choice in how to build their characters considering that it does come with significant drawbacks.

Regardless, Transient Fortitude only provides a 24% boost to power strength over what Intensify + Blind Rage already offers.  No matter what the motivating factor was behind DE's fix that is not overpowered by any means.  Good to know that players now have a choice in how to build their characters considering that it does come with significant drawbacks.

That's not the problem. In fact you can currently switch out Transient with Blind Rage and have that "new choice" you're speaking of.

What the players are currently "angry" about is that you can't use them at the same time. So yeah, I totally agree that being able to use a different power mod is good, but being able to use both at the same time, or all three (Intensify, Blind Rage, AND Transient Fortitude) is pushing it a bit far. That's 184% extra power damage. And, seeing as there are a noteworthy few warframes that don't necessarly need Duration and you can easily use Fleeting to mitigate Blind Rage....Well, you get the picture.

With this change, DE is just making the game even easier, so I'm not so sure about it.

That's not the problem. In fact you can currently switch out Transient with Blind Rage and have that "new choice" you're speaking of.

What the players are currently "angry" about is that you can't use them at the same time. So yeah, I totally agree that being able to use a different power mod is good, but being able to use both at the same time, or all three (Intensify, Blind Rage, AND Transient Fortitude) is pushing it a bit far. That's 184% extra power damage. And, seeing as there are a noteworthy few warframes that don't necessarly need Duration and you can easily use Fleeting to mitigate Blind Rage....Well, you get the picture.

With this change, DE is just making the game even easier, so I'm not so sure about it.

184% bonus that no-one will ever use, because it costs 55% on Efficiency and 27.5% on Duration, plus 3 mod slots.

Why haven't you been talking about NarrowMinded+Constituion+Continuity. That's a 157% Duration increase.

In most cases, using a maxed blind rage isn't worth it when you could just equip fleeting+streamline-maxed blind rage and use the power 6 times for the same amount of energy and end up dealing far more damage. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

In most cases, using a maxed blind rage isn't worth it when you could just equip fleeting+streamline-maxed blind rage and use the power 6 times for the same amount of energy and end up dealing far more damage. 

or the skill you're going to make stronger is dirt cheap already.

Why haven't you been talking about NarrowMinded+Constituion+Continuity. That's a 157% Duration increase.

I only just started "talking" about this current combo. You sound as if you think I'm somehow knowledgeable about every overpowered combo in existence and that I've been demanding the removal of every single one. However, to THAT particular combo, I agree - it's also overpowered. But then again all the corruption mods seemed to have broken the bank when it comes to power.

184% bonus that no-one will ever use, because it costs 55% on Efficiency and 27.5% on Duration, plus 3 mod slots.

One word: Forma. Just look at all the people in this thread alone that were angry about not being able to use all three. Do you think high mod costs and 3 slots are going to stop them? Not really.

Either way, I voiced my concern, and it's a valid one. You all who want this "fix" can skew it all you like, I don't care.

What about Mirage?

booby trap, except for those really useful laser doors 

My conclave rating tanked after this update, before my build was 784 conclave points but now it is significantly lower than that. I don't foresee any problems getting into tactical alerts, unless the alert is 400 conclave or below.

yeah i was with a team that was specifically asking for a certain conclave and i had to check my build because i couldn't believe it was that low

What's better?

well yeah you can spam a slightly weaker version for 19 energy which may as well save you adding "FLOW"... ill go with number 1

I only just started "talking" about this current combo. You sound as if you think I'm somehow knowledgeable about every overpowered combo in existence and that I've been demanding the removal of every single one. However, to THAT particular combo, I agree - it's also overpowered. But then again all the corruption mods seemed to have broken the bank when it comes to power.

One word: Forma. Just look at all the people in this thread alone that were angry about not being able to use all three. Do you think high mod costs and 3 slots are going to stop them? Not really.

Either way, I voiced my concern, and it's a valid one. You all who want this "fix" can skew it all you like, I don't care.

?

8-3=5. If you want to use some mods for survival (Vitality, Redirection, Quick Thinking and Flow, Vigor and so on), how many slot will last? 1 or 2?

And again, with -55% to Efficiency, who will use that 'combo'? I don't know any experienced player who don't use a 75% Efficiency build.

\

?

8-3=5. If you want to use some mods for survival (Vitality, Redirection, Quick Thinking and Flow, Vigor and so on), how many slot will last? 1 or 2?

And again, with -55% to Efficiency, who will use that 'combo'? I don't know any experienced player who don't use a 75% Efficiency build.

There are more builds than pure 75% efficiency ones. And, like I stated, I'm voicing my concern as to how strong a player can get. Even if you believe that -55% is too much, others might not think so. This is the way a developer thinks. Just because it might not be completely viable for every single warframe or build doesn't mean it's not a cause of concern.

Again, dropping the maxed blind rage and just using your ability multiple times is far more energy efficient and ends up dealing more damage. I would use all three, but I'd have the blind rage at rank 2-3 so I still had as close to max efficiency as possible.

@SoulEchelon

I'm not sure where you came from to this discussion but the issue was that players could not use Intensify, Blind Rage, and Transient Fortitude together (swapping BR and TF was never a problem so why even mention it?).  That has been fixed as noted by Rebecca.  My point was that even when adding Transient to the mix, you are only getting a 24% power strength increase so it was not OP.

Furthermore, players should be able to make their builds however they want including running all 3 or only 2.  Mind you, that 24% power strength increase comes at the cost of a mod slot and 16 mod points.  To run the entire combo requires 3 mod slots and 43(!) mod points.  All that for a 24% power strength increase over Intensify+Blind Rage.  Yeah, that's really OP [/sarcasm].

I challenge you to name one skill that becomes OP compared to what was previously possible.  Seriously, name one skill that somehow breaks the game because it is so OP with Transient Fortitude added to the mix.  Even Banshee's Sonar only goes from +1145% to +1420%.  Trust me, that might get you another 5-10 minutes of endless content but it certainly won't suddenly make endless content trivial.  Perhaps the only ability that scales infinitely that would be able to abuse these three mods is Mag with Shield Polarize.  This would allow her to drop Blind Rage a few ranks and keep her efficiency at 50% while still gaining a slight power strength increase.  Even then Shield Polarize would be no more game breaking than it is already and that is the best example of a game breaking skill that would abuse power strength.

+str mods were almost never usefull, regardless of the drawbacks.

From the 23 frames i think only 2 frames have + str

interesting I will have to try some builds with no intensify. I have every frame or their prime except Limbo. Currently Loki and Trin are my only frames that do not have intensify and/or blind rage

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

There are more builds than pure 75% efficiency ones. And, like I stated, I'm voicing my concern as to how strong a player can get. Even if you believe that -55% is too much, others might not think so. This is the way a developer thinks. Just because it might not be completely viable for every single warframe or build doesn't mean it's not a cause of concern.

+1

-----

Furthermore, players should be able to make their builds however they want <snip>

Kicked to the curb with the recent Ability change, among others.

"Why can't I unslot 1/2/3/4 abilities and use the mod slots for something else" etc.

<snip> that might get you another 5-10 minutes of endless content but it certainly won't suddenly make endless content trivial.

Yes, under the current scaling paradigm it's not that big a deal. But that's only because the current scaling paradigm is insane.

When (Better make that) If it's changed, this could actually be a problem.

Or, conversely, allowing this now may be another disincentive/monkey wrench to changing it at a later date.

But ignoring that, the more relevant question is: Given that normal missions scale up to ~41-45, how much farther does this get you than it did previously?