The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins

LoveNot

You hear that?

Its the sound of DE slapping me in the face vigorously with my spent plats 

Lol

At least you enjoyed looking much cooler than us peasants that couldn't afford them for the time being.

Didn't pay to show off in front of the peons though or get first in line for something :/

WTS Imm0rtal skin <insert frame here> PM ur offer bros

Edited by Naith

Fair enough but unfortunately it's a different situation to what we usually have with items this time around. When they were first released they were platinum only so it was buy or get nothing, have or have not. I'd say people generally didn't buy them for the instant bonus but again the typical 'well I can't get it any other way'. I know for a fact I would've rather waited for an alert or grinded (to an extent) to get some of the Immortal skins. Contrast this to weapons, which we know for a fact you can get for free (time-grind wall) via clan/market BP's or obtain instantly without any time spent. There's more choice, and fairness to a degree, than this.

I'm hoping DE pick up on this, if this was an intentional move, which it feels like it is.

I do agree to a extent.I also think  that a heads up would have been nice if this is indeed intentional. This is a really big reason to be weary of using a cash shop in a game that is in Open Beta  things are subject to change at a moments noticed . Personally I wouldn't mind seeing them from alerts instead of caches but to each his/her own.  I got to look dapper for quite some time so plat well spent IMO. It is fine to be angry about this but at the end of the day asking/demanding a refund of plat spent on this is probably going to get you nowhere because of the fact that it was never promised  that IS's  would be a plat only cosmetic. It was also never said that you would be able to get them in-game but once again that is the risk of partaking in a open-beta it's fore-ever changing which is a good and bad thing :/

Ahh I see I could see why people could/would be angry about this. However I have no problem with this and I have bought a few of them for my frames. I bought them for instant satisfaction an that's what I got.If DE wants to add them to a drop pool I say go for it, I don't feel cheated in the least because I got what I paid for and wanted at the time. That's how I feel at least.

^ I bought mine months ago and I really don't care as long as they are rare.

Another guy reported in another thread that he got a built Forma, a few thousand credits and a 60 min credit booster.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/329559-theres-a-new-secret-in-the-void/

If this is true I wonder what other goodies these caches can hold. I'm sure gonna start looking for them if this is intentional and not a bug.

What worries me about this is that if DE is indeed doing this for skins, then what's keeping them from doing the same thing for any other item? The next time we see something nice in the market, how will we know if that is really only obtainable through platinum?

I'm all for supporting the game, but I want to support the game by spending money on things I can't get otherwise.

Having bought a lot of immortal skins and all armor pieces, I couldnt care less. I bought them knowing they might be put in the drop tables at some point, considering how helmets drop from alerts. If they are rare or not doesnt matter as long as they are available to all players. Also, if they are all in the same drop pool... well, good luck getting the ones you want.

I see people mentioned helmets here.

I won't state an opinion on the subject, however something to note is that helmets always have been available from alerts so if a new one came out then it was already known that you could either wait and hope to get lucky or buy.

Other cosmetics have always been excluded from this, so it is quite shocking that DE decided to pull this move without previous announcement (if it's totally intended).

Edited by RahuStalker

Why is this a bad thing...? I've bought all of them but I know people who want them but can't get them, this is something I've been waiting for and I hope they do it with syandana and armor too.

And FYI, helmets are plat and from missions too.

It is a bad thing because before there was always a common understanding that cosmetic items could only be obtained by spending plat. This undermines that understanding and may result in a devaluation of platinum. I farmed the void for 3 weeks to get enough plat to buy the immortal skin for my favorite frame, and if cosmetic items are going to be added to the drop tables I see no reason why I should care about plat at all. From now on I will probably never buy another cosmetic so the only time I'll even care about plat will be if I need more inventory space.

The only way DE could regain my confidence in the value of plat is if they start giving explicit information about what items will be added to drop tables to the future and which ones are exclusive.

Edited by Selpar

I have a 75% plat discount that expires in 6 hours. I had my eyes set on the Harkonar armor, (and maybe the Limbo bundle), but now i'm just gonna let it pass. What's the point if I can farm it, really.

Well, i dont know if they will go that far but...... yeah, i think i just went back to using plat for just slots.

I dont have all the skins so i will be getting a few for free but that still leaves a bad taste for the ones i did buy.

I have no problem with waiting for stuff to pop out. So if this is a thing now i will just delay purchase to see if stuff will pop out for free.

I actually bought the skins with the idea of cosmetic being plat only.

It is a bad thing because before there was always a common understanding that cosmetic items could only be obtained by spending plat. This undermines that understanding and may result in a devaluation of platinum. I farmed the void for 3 weeks to get enough plat to buy the immortal skin for my favorite frame, and if cosmetic items are going to be added to the drop tables I see no reason why I should care about plat at all. From now on I will probably never buy another cosmetic so the only time I'll even care about plat will be if I need more inventory space.

The only way DE could regain my confidence in the value of plat is if they start giving explicit information about what items will be added to drop tables to the future and which ones are exclusive.

3 weeks to earn 40p?  what?

Well then... I am partially pissed that I already spent so much on cosmetics (about 1k plat by now, probably). On the other hand... I didn't buy the last batch of Immortal skins or the more recent sets of armor (but did spend a bit on syndana).

I am not as pissed as I probably could have been if I bought the extra skins and armor, but still, I am pretty annoyed by this change. If DE decides to suddenly make such a big change without informing players, I do think I have the right to ask to be compensated. Maybe not a platinum refund, but at least something to compensate my losses.