The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins

LoveNot

I mean... does this mean that Syandanas, Armors, Sentinel accessories, Sentinel Skins, and Sugatras will be available without spending Platinum too?

Then i think they have to give us at least, at least 50% of the Platinum we used to get them.

Just go to sleep my child...

Everything will be okay.

It was just a bug.

This once again

Edit Ninja'd

:D

All I see is Steve saying "thank you for bringing this to my attention". That could mean a number of different things. Did they state anywhere else that this is indeed unintended?

Well if it isn't a bug, and it is intentional, then we're back to square one; me chuckling at the mad people here.

There have been some excellent (and extremely easy to understand) analogies as to why a refund isn't needed. I won't beat a dead horse and try to provide another analogy.

I think it's clear at this point that people who don't understand, won't be able to understand.

But it is just a bug.

Edited by MrSavvy

Well if it isn't a bug, and it is intentional, then we're back to square one; me chuckling at the mad people here.

There have been some excellent (and extremely easy to understand) analogies as to why a refund isn't needed. I won't beat a dead horse and try to provide another analogy.

I think it's clear at this point that people who don't understand, won't be able to understand.

I don't know why you're quoting me as I'm not mad and not asking about refunds. All I asked for was clarification. You've done your part and I appreciate it. But I'll still wait for the official word. Please don't let me keep you if you think this is no longer relevant.

If it's a bug why do the blueprints even exist?

Could be part of a timed event of some sort. Something that was not supposed to go live yet. Could also be another "test that went live" like it happened with the Excalibur changes. There are lots of possibilities. That's why I'm waiting for someone from DE to say something about it. Otherwise we'll just speculate indefinitely about this.

Could be part of a timed event of some sort. Something that was not supposed to go live yet. Could also be another "test that went live" like it happened with the Excalibur changes. There are lots of possibilities. That's why I'm waiting for someone from DE to say something about it. Otherwise we'll just speculate indefinitely about this.

+1

I don't know why you're quoting me as I'm not mad and not asking about refunds. All I asked for was clarification. You've done your part and I appreciate it. But I'll still wait for the official word. Please don't let me keep you if you think this is no longer relevant.

I didn't mean to imply you were mad. I was speaking my thoughts out loud, in reply.

My apologies. :P

I've bought a lot of immortal skins but I fully endorse this new way to get them.

I mean, it's basically the same as helmets have been for ages now so I don't really see why people are being pissy about it.

It's still RNG and UNTRADEABLE so that means those who bought skins got the ones they wanted rather than having to slog through who knows how many void missions to get the one they were after.

If this is true, i think DE is going the wrong way. Its like saying "F*** you to whoever bought this immortal skin with plat" or "You spent 150$ on this game? Lets make all of your purchase free to everyone else". I really hope its a bug ...

Or atleast, put some kind of restriction like being atleast lvl 30 with the frame or having more than lets say 5 million xp

Edited by Stoner74

I would use a different analogy.

You bought a movie on DVD you watched and enjoyed it.  Months later it's on TV and people watched it for free.  You feel cheated.

You may have thought that the movie would only ever be available on DVD  but no-one promised that to you at the time.

I think this analogy as well is sorta incorrect. 

In this days and age, almost any movie goes through the Theaters -> DVD release -> TV (Either with some pay per view events before getting truly free...) If one doesn't expect that a DVD movie would be aired for free, then he lives in a different world than mine, I think...

But trying to go for that analogy, I'd say something like this: You bought a game, full price on Day One. Months later, it gets a ridicolous 90% sale on Steam. Even worse, it gets to become a gift from some Gaming magazine. You could have saved lots of money, you may feel cheated by life, but you cannot really blame on others.

It's not about the money spent (at least in my case). I would have spent money on this game either way because I think DE deserves it. The game is fun for me, therefore I support the game.

What's not nice about this is that I do not wish to spend platinum on items that I can get by grinding. I don't mind waiting and I don't mind doing things the hard way. But it's the "not knowing if I can just wait" that bothers me.

I think it's great that more people have access to cosmetics without having to pay for them. But I wish they had told us sooner about this decision instead of dropping it down on us like that (if that's really the case). It's not about paying, it's about being able to trust.

I actually agree on this...

I understand if one says "I bought the skin one week before U15, I wouldn't have done so if I knew this was going to happen..." but that's a different story compared to what some people are saying.

Two weeks would have been a reasonable time for them to warn us, but before that? I don't believe anyone else has the right to ask for a refound if they purchased the skins months ago.

Isn't this just the same as alerts with helmet Bp? You have to be lucky enough to be up or notice they alert and you need to be lucky to notice or get a container.

In a strictly practical way, yes. The difference is that we always knew we could get helmets by doing alerts. It's common knowledge. But the rest of the cosmetics has been market exclusive for years. If this change was indeed intentional, then it was a stealth change for something that has been established for a really long time. No warnings and no official threads. That's hardly ideal and a very strange thing to do considering the attention DE gave to ability slot changes.