The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins

LoveNot

Guys srsly i have every armor set and every syndana, about 10 immortal skins, anthis is still great news, now exploring is encouraged, i see it as a good thing. But i think that 25-50% refund would calm the mourderous masses

I'll say what has been said before, what is getting a lot of people upset is that something that was previously plat only and had absolutely zero indication of it being obtainable in any other way was.... well, turned exactly into that. DE just made the change out of the blue, no announcement or anything to indicate this implementation. Which puts in question the point purchasing other cosmetics if DE's just going to release them for free somehow.

A lot of people would have gladly farmed for them, had been like this from the beggining, and only bought them because there was literally no other way to obtain them.

(That is, assuming this thing with the caches was totally intended)

Edited by RahuStalker

For OP or LoveNot, Have you tried to build it?

If you build it and success, then you can post this.

If you can't build it, then it's just a bug.

I already have an ember immortal skin, so i cant build it

Would show a foundry SS if i could

Although i found a SS somewhere of it bp and components needed to built ( like 500 ferrite and some other thing)

http://imgur.com/MdP7Tkc

Not mine, but it shows it

Edited by LoveNot

I do wonder if this is a bug or not. Not buying any more immortal skins until I'm certain. I still don't have some.

I think i won't buy Cosmetics anymore, how can we know what cosmetics are platinum exclusive.

I bought the Skins because i liked the frames, not because i bought it randomly.

If it's a bug what would happen with the people who got them for free?

If it's not a bug, people who bought them for platinum would want a refund.

*grabs popcorn*

This has turned out very interesting. On topic if it isn't a bug and intented then I wouldn't mind. I got the immortal skins because I liked them, not because they were exclusive plat only.

As i said before, i bought the skins for platinum because i liked them and because i though the only way to get them was with platinum.

If it's a bug why do the blueprints even exist?

This guy understand it. 

PS: If this is a "bug", why do the blueprints even exist? That means that Excalibur Prime Blueprints exist? Of course not.

I'll say what has been said before, what is getting a lot of people upset is that something that was previously plat only and had absolutely zero indication of it being obtainable in any other way was.... well, turned exactly into that. DE just made the change out of the blue, no announcement or anything to indicate this implementation. Which puts in question the point purchasing other cosmetics if DE's just going to release them for free somehow.

A lot of people would have gladly farmed for them, had been like this from the beggining, and only bought them because there was literally no other way to obtain them.

(That is, assuming this thing with the caches was totally intended)

So basically are you saying that you bought it to show your epeen?

Because considering how rare the cache is and the chance to get the skin that you want it would take like 300h of grinding to get it.

If you bought it with plat then you had it before anyone else and enjoyed the time that you spent with it and if you would buy the immortal skin now you would still save a lot of time grinding for it. It's a lot more efficient to just earn money irl and then buy plat to buy the skin

Edited by Zeptimus

This game is subject to change....Im pretty sure ya'll agreed to it when you signed up for an account. DE can do whatever they please.

Also it doesn't really devalue your immortal skins. "It shows your dedication"? BullS#&$. 

You bought an immortal skin because you liked it for the looks of it. Pretty much no one ever looked at a guy with an immortal skin and said "Whoa, you bought an immortal skin, you are such a dedicated/cool guy"

Get over it.

I bought a few myself and I welcome this change. The amount of customization that free players get is nearly 0. 

Go into a store and ask for your money back for a costume you bought half a year ago just because they're giving it out for free now to some people.

I'm pretty sure they'll just laugh at your face. Eespecially since they never said that no one could ever get this free, anywhere)

Again...you bought this skin for your own pleasure...you had it way before free players as well. What is your problem? Immortal skins dont show dedication...immortal skins are bought because you liked how they look. No one will tell you how cool you are for buying one, either.

Edited by Shehriazad

So basically are you saying that you bought it to show your epeen?

Because considering how rare the cache is and the chance to get the skin that you want it would take like 300h of grinding to get it.

If you bought it with plat then you had it before anyone else and enjoyed the time that you spent with it and if you would buy the immortal skin now you would still save a lot of time grinding for it. It's a lot more efficient to just earn money irl and then buy plat to buy the skin

I think you're misunderstanding what some people here are trying to say. It has nothing to do with ego. There's several people here (myself included) who think this is a good change. Giving people ways to get free stuff is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I (and some others as well) am merely questioning the lack of discussion/warning prior to this being changed and the lack of overall information about it (again, assuming it was intentional). They talked to us about ability slots being removed. They talked to us about Oberon and Excalibur changes. They talked to us about the Forma system being implemented. They talked to us about Melee 2.0 and Damage 2.0. They talked to us about Arcane helmets. Why wouldn't they talk to us about this? It's just not like them at all.

And I personally don't buy cosmetics because I want to have them before everyone else does. I buy them because there is (or maybe "was") no other way to get them. They don't make me feel superior to any other player who doesn't have them.

I've bought most of the syandanas and immortals skins.

If this is a bug, then great, go for it and farm as much as you can get before DE patches it.

If this is a Halloween treat, then cool DE, you should do this more often, and actually notify us beforehand.

If this is intentional, then I kinda want some of my plat back.

Guess I won't be buying any more cosmetics.

@Zeptimus
Caches aren't that rare.
4 missions, 4 caches with skins.
So yeah.
Not rare at all.

If they were actually rare then maybe I would be ok with it.
But as someone who has bought every cosmetic (except for helmets) that has come out becuase they were (and should always be) plat only, I want at least a partial refund because the tiny amount of grind to get the item is no where near worth the price in the market.

@Zeptimus

Caches aren't that rare.

4 missions, 4 caches with skins.

So yeah.

Not rare at all.

If they were actually rare then maybe I would be ok with it.

But as someone who has bought every cosmetic (except for helmets) that has come out becuase they were (and should always be) plat only, I want at least a partial refund because the tiny amount of grind to get the item is no where near worth the price in the market.

Wot

What missions were you doing?

I did like 7 void runs and searched everywhere and did all the parkour rooms.

Found only 1 and it didn't give me any skin bps

@Zeptimus

I did 2 grineer sabotage missions (to get missing scans on the bosses for that), and then a T4C and T4E.

All of them had a cache that dropped a skin.

So yeah, they are no where near rare enough to deserve having cosmetics in them.

If that's the case then I can understand the problem here

@Zeptimus
I'm looking at this and thinking "I dropped a lot of money on cosmetics...and what's the point?
Why should I ever buy a frame or weapon skin, or armor or anything else when I can grind for a week at the very most and get it?
What's the point in spending money then?

Cosmetics should be the way that a game makes its money.
And giving away all of the cosmetics for free makes it very hard to actually say "This is worth spending money on."

Maybe if the caches only appeared once every 30-50 missions at the most and had a much lower cosmetic chance.
But as it stands its just ridiculous.

@Zeptimus

I did 2 grineer sabotage missions (to get missing scans on the bosses for that), and then a T4C and T4E.

All of them had a cache that dropped a skin.

Are you really sure that there's caches in T4C and T4E? It isn't Sabotage only?

I find it peculiar that no one from DE has commented on this yet despite all of their comments on other issues this morning. Can't we get a more clear response than what Steve said on twitter. They could just reply with one word 'bug' or 'intentional' and this whole thing is settled. 

They seem to be deliberately avoiding it. I sent someone a PM about this and it was read but not answered. To me means that they are still discussing it or taking care of more pressing matters. Still, I'd be ok with a simple "we're still discussing it" as well.

They seem to be deliberately avoiding it. I sent someone a PM about this and it was read but not answered. To me means that they are still discussing it or taking care of more pressing matters. Still, I'd be ok with a simple "we're still discussing it" as well.

Void missions themselves has a chance for it, beside the New Sabt missions

It's been out too long now.

This is a norm, so it's time to move on to phase 2.

It's been out too long now.

This is a norm, so it's time to move on to phase 2.

Phase 2 being "farming the HEK out of Void"? Unfortunately, I'm still stuck at farming T3 keys for Nyx Prime (no idea where to find those). Besides, I already have all the immortals I want. But if the caches also offer armor, syandanas and other stuff then it's a different story.

Immortal skins cost 40 pl each. Just sell that pile of rare fusion cores you are probably sitting on for 1pl each core and be happy. Also, sell your various Boar Prime sets for 10pl each and bingo. It'll probably be faster than searching every inch of void missions for a container that may or may not spawn and may or may not contain a warframe immortal skin that may or may not be the one you want.

According to reddit, it may have been patched out. If this indeed is the case, good job, whiners. You got what you wanted :(

Alright, i see you don't get our point.

Let's say that Excalibur Prime Bps are dropped from the Void, then people start asking why, after some days, DE patch it.

We are not "whiners", cosmetics doesn't affect the gameplay at all, that's why they should be plat only.

Immortal skins cost 40 pl each. Just sell that pile of rare fusion cores you are probably sitting on for 1pl each core and be happy. Also, sell your various Boar Prime sets for 10pl each and bingo. It'll probably be faster than searching every inch of void missions for a container that may or may not spawn and may or may not contain a warframe immortal skin that may or may not be the one you want.

implying people buy toher stuff than boltor primes.. HA !