Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Change The Bonus V Slot On Excalur Prime To Something Else.

Braken

V slots are pretty pointless for an Excalibur.

While it's nice to have an extra polarity slot on the Prime, it's actually more of a hindrance than a bonus, especially since Focus and Continuity only effect 1 power well.

Please, DE; either change the slot to a D or - slot, or just remove it.

Edited by Braken

why?  It's still better than Excalibur.  And as a grand master you got not only this but two weapons with 1-2 extra polarity slots.  

Actually, the extra V slot makes it worse. You can't put a mod in there due to the polarity clash, that you would be able to without the V slot.

Edited by Braken

I think he's got a point. Excalibur really doesn't benefit much from the V polarity slot. Its powers are already plenty powerful, so you don't need the extra power damage, power duration wouldn't affect anything except maybe radial blind... It'd get a lot more out of an additional defense slot or a line slot.

Boohoo.. the Grand Master's don't like the colour of their Porsche. Cruel ... cruel World ^^

You just sound like a butt-hurt, jealous child, to be honest.. You have nothing constructive to contribute here.

Anyway, I agree. I'm actually forced to use a wrong-polarity mod in my Prime, because I don't need a Continuity mod on him. Radial Blind lasts long enough, I'd rather have another Bar, or even a "D" slot.

You just sound like a butt-hurt, jealous child, to be honest.. You have nothing constructive to contribute here.

Anyway, I agree. I'm actually forced to use a wrong-polarity mod in my Prime, because I don't need a Continuity mod on him. Radial Blind lasts long enough, I'd rather have another Bar, or even a "D" slot.

.....and it costs you 1 Energy extra.. ONE. I think you mistake jealousy with making fun of a minority of people who only think about themselfes instead of actually bringing more important issues to the table like Banshee's polarity and the working of power mods on her, lots of unbeneficial polarity slots on weapons and so on. Like i said in another thread made by founders about wanting more extra goodies because theire founders:

Funny that the only people petitioning on a regular basis to make Warframe some kind of pay-to-win are the founders with rank Hunter and upwards.

Through wanting more for your already "a tad better than other Warframes/Wapons" you are not helping the game but only yourself.

You got a starter catalyst, you got an extra polarity slot, you got a "look i payd!!!11one"-look for Xcal & Weapons and lots of plat to spend on stuff.

Live with it!

MJ12 would shout "Toxic!" about now :D

On Topic again.. if it calms you down: As Steve said in the last Livestream... Polarity changes are in the works to give Weapons and Warframes a better fit to their roles and when really the paragon levels are coming you can do with your polaritys what you want.

Incorrect. It increases the cost of a mismatched mod by 50%. If you were to add a mod that costs 9, it's cost would be inflated to 14.

Nope.. but i seem to be incorrect, too. Got a Redirection on my Banshee which costs normally 9 Energy on wrong polarity slot now costing 11 so 2 extra Energy.

Nope.. but i seem to be incorrect, too. Got a Redirection on my Banshee which costs normally 9 Energy on wrong polarity slot now costing 11 so 2 extra Energy.

It seems the actual increase in cost is 25%.

9 * 1.25 = 11.25

It also reveals that the end-number is rounded to the closest integer, not rounded up, as was previously believed.

Agreed with this post,

I leveled up my prime for my account than switch back to classic excalibur. 

Since Radial blind doesnt benefit from continutity

and

Radial Javelin doesn't benefit from power strengh

There's no need to get 2 useless "V" slot, one is enough :D

It seems the actual increase in cost is 25%.

9 * 1.25 = 11.25

It also reveals that the end-number is rounded to the closest integer, not rounded up, as was previously believed.

From what I've read it's an 1/3rd increase which would mean 33%...

Anyways, I'm also not quite happy with the two V slots on Ash as they hinder more than they help as well and would like to support polarity changes in general (no matter if Excal Prime/Ash or whatever)... but!

There are more mods incoming. If I ask now for a polarity change, actually get it and they add a few really cool V-polarity mods in the next few updates I could bite my own behind off.

Also I think they are still looking into some skills not being affected by Continuity/Focus as they should.

From what I've read it's an 1/3rd increase which would mean 33%...

Can't be. A mod that costs 9, inserted into mismatching polarity gets it's cost increased to 11. If it were 33%, then the mod would cost 12.

9 * 1.25 = 11.25 (rounds to 11)

9 * 1.33 = 11.97 (rounds to 12)

Edited by VakarisJ

Can't be. A mod that costs 9, inserted into mismatching polarity gets it's cost increased to 11. If it were 33%, then the mod would cost 12.

Yeah, my bad. Just went over the numbers again and checked the wiki.

Doesn't change my opinion on the rest of the issue, though ^^

Are you certain that it doesn't round down? I'm used to games always rounding stuff down.

Are you certain that it doesn't round down? I'm used to games always rounding stuff down.

I put Radial Javelin (rank 0) in the Excalibut's V slot and got 13 (base cost is 10).

10 * 1.25 = 12.50

I put Rush (rank 3) into to V slot and got 11 (base cost is 9).

9 * 1.25 = 11.25

I put Redirection (rank 4) into the V slot and got 10 (base cost is 8).

8 * 1.25 = 10.00

I put Fast hands (rank 5) into the V slot and got 9 (base cost is 7). (I didn't have any warframe card with 7 on it)

7 * 1.25 = 8.75

I put Quick rest (rank 2) into the V slot and got 8 (base cost is 6).

6 * 1.25 = 7.50

I put Streamline (rank 1) into the V slot and got 6 (base cost is 5).

5 * 1.25 = 6.25

I put Radial Blind (rank 0) into the V slot and got 5 (base cost is 4).

4 * 1.25 = 5.00

As seen by those observations, values are not rounded up, nor rounded down. They're plainly rounded. .5 is commonly rounded up and it seems Warframe decided to follow the trend. 

Actually ... it's +1 for every 5 ranks, no rounding or multiplication necessary. 1 to 5 is +1, 6 to 10 is +2, 11 to 15 is +3.

And yeah. That V slot is useless. It makes the Excal Prime weaker than the Excal Base.

15 * 1.25 = 18.75

Rounded that would be 19 (increase by 4)

14 * 1.25 = 17.5

Rounded that would be 18 (increase by 4)

13 * 1.25 = 16.25

Rounded that would be 16 (increase by 3)

12 * 1.25 = 15.0

Rounded that would be 15 (increase by 3)

11 * 1.25 = 13.75

Rounded that would be 14 (increase by 3)

10 * 1.25 = 12.5

Rounded that would be 13 (increase by 3)

9 * 1.25 = 11.25

Rounded that would be 11 (increase by 2)

Your chart somewhat falls apart.

Edited by VakarisJ

As seen by those observations, values are not rounded up, nor rounded down. They're plainly rounded. .5 is commonly rounded up and it seems Warframe decided to follow the trend. 

All those numbers also work with 1.33 as multiplier if they're rounded down. It can't be 4/3 multiplier though, since 9*4/3=12.

This game does standard rounding, so things under .5 round down and things .5 or above round up, this is why you can get a third bullet in your Bronco magazine with a 25% slip mag mod.

Anyway, to weigh in on the topic, perhaps there will be mods made for 8.0 that actually would work well with the Prime's extra slot, I can admit right now that it's a bit annoying however!