Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling Factions To 5 Will Take Ages

Inversus

there are plenty of people with over 5.000 points now, so i dont think it will take forever.

Maybe 1 month?

Besides, maybe better sigils also give more reputation. We dont know much about that yet.

I suspect better sigils might help too.  Haven't been playing hard enough to even get to 2500 points though.

Either way, I suspect the grind for the syndicates is supposed to take a while.  It's more of a back ground thing.  We're only approaching it as a foreground because it's new and fresh.

I think people are forgetting this is an mmo and not a sp Rpg like skyrim, where you can become the leader of a faction in a few hours.

And then become the leader of every other faction in skyrim, whilst still being treated like an off the cart pansy who nobody knows.

Theoretically if each rank increases by the same proportion each time (5*4.4=22) then these will be the rankup amounts:

1: 5000
2: 22000
3: 96800
4: 425920
5: 1874048

Edit: Wouldn't really make sense with the prices of items so I'm guessing it increases by an increasing increment each time rather than a multiplier >.> .

I suspect better sigils might help too.  Haven't been playing hard enough to even get to 2500 points though.

Either way, I suspect the grind for the syndicates is supposed to take a while.  It's more of a back ground thing.  We're only approaching it as a foreground because it's new and fresh.

If it really takes this long then I'd guess this must be right, I'm almost able to buy one of the next rank sigils so I'll test it out.

Edited by Inversus

One good Ember run on Xini gives upwards of 500 Reputation points. It's not significantly problematic to raise Reputation: however, with guesstimates of end-rank costs, it's unlikely I'll use Reputation for ability mutators or weapon mods - their efficiency is low for their cost. One of possible solutions is increasing said efficiency, making ability mutators worth basing loadouts on, and making weapon mods work on a range of 'favored' weapons instead of just one.

As example of the latter, Blade of Truth, Arbiters's Jaw Sword +25% damage mod, could be changed to work on Jaw Sword, Pangolin Sword, Skana, and Ether Sword, possibly other single-blade Old Tenno weapons.

I think people are forgetting this is an mmo and not a sp Rpg like skyrim, where you can become the leader of a faction in a few hours.

This isn't an MMO. DE keeps making that clear. Besides 4 players is a match is not massive.

But you're right that folks shouldn't expect to get everything in hours.