Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Feedback By Einde : The Perfect Exemple Of Good Ideas Spoiled By A Bad Design.

LascarCapable

I'm gonna test that Catacylsm idea because it seems just as good as a Frost SG to me or better if done right

I have some doubts about it, since you won't be able to harm anything outside the bubble unless banished. It's good for protecting a pod from ranged units, but I don't think it will replace snowglobe, since people inside the cataclysm won't be able to touch enemies outside..

Which is why I think a change will be coming for sure, and quickly.

I hope it goes the way of Valkyr who had changes just a few weeks after she came out(Even sooner for Limbo I hope.) and not the way of Nekros who almost never got changed since his release about a year ago.

Hopefully when the weekend is over we get some notice from DE that they'll look into his abilities.

I do apologize if this has been mentioned already, but I'm not really in the mood to swim through 4 pages of players hating on Limbo... 

The rift plane does offer energy regeneration (I haven't checked if this stacks with Energy Siphon, though), but I believe offering more support aspects to the rift realm would make Limbo much more desirable in a team environment. 

For example, features that could be considered for enemies or allies within the realm plane:  enemy debuffs, enemy damage overtime, ally health regeneration over time, ally damage buff, damage mitigation, etc. 

^In a much similar fashion as to the Oberon buffs, these would make the rift plane much more appealing if their effects were significant enough to affect end-game. Of course, I'm throwing this out without quantitative data, but... DE if you see this, feel free to hit me up to be one of your testing guinea pigs... I'm good with math ;) 

Mogamu has great ideas that you guys should check out, his cataclysm idea is great, where people could damage enemies in the bubble but if limbo banishes teamates they deal extra damage to enemies in the bubble. Hope you guys like it.

I was just about to say this. His ideas could make Limbo pretty useful and fun to play.

well your idea of combining the first and second abilities could become this:

Limbo shifts himself into the rift, but the initial entering is unstable and can drag nearby enemies or allies into the rift aswell.

that could work, and a better version would have the initial entering point constant for the duration so then you and allies could leave.

I just read up on his concept and he sounded great, bought the platinum to play him, and wow...most disappointing $10 I've ever spent... Completely worthless in defense missions with parties, and even solo he's pretty worthless... Cataclysm, banish myself and my allies, and then just to make them take 150% more damage...and only when they're in it? I can just play nova and prime them for 200% more damage taken and still have 3 other more abilities...Oh and plus prime can just blow up everything as well and doesn't rely on using all 4 abilities together...this warframe needs a MASSIVE overhaul 

I just read up on his concept and he sounded great, bought the platinum to play him, and wow...most disappointing $10 I've ever spent... Completely worthless in defense missions with parties, and even solo he's pretty worthless... Cataclysm, banish myself and my allies, and then just to make them take 150% more damage...and only when they're in it? I can just play nova and prime them for 200% more damage taken and still have 3 other more abilities...Oh and plus prime can just blow up everything as well and doesn't rely on using all 4 abilities together...this warframe needs a MASSIVE overhaul 

Have you tried maximizing duration and minimizing range to cover only a cryopod? I'd love some screenshots of this tactic in play.

Have you tried maximizing duration and minimizing range to cover only a cryopod? I'd love some screenshots of this tactic in play.

i guess that work fine but snow globe still better in low-mid enemies level but in my opinion Cataclysm will take the place on High Level enemies - Endgame(T4) *if the team have disarm loki = Snow Globe > Cataclysm*

try on corpus and infested mission

Pros

- like snow globe not take any damage from outside

- not have HP like snow globe so that will defense longer than snow globe in high level enemies

Cons

- you can't spam

- if melee enemies walk pass Cataclysm to inside they not get any debuff like slow but take some little damage

- Cataclysm size will decrease per second so that hard to control the size

LGXz0Dq.png

Edited by Shafilp

How long was the "bubble" lasting? I'm thinking it would pair up with Bastille and Radial Disarm well.

i  test on Max Narrow + Max Fleeting around 30 sec

probably if you max duration and not using fleeting that should around 40-50 sec

Edited by Shafilp

Not terrible, but might not last long enough or stay large enough to be too useful. It might show it's true usefulness with other frames in play.

Bigger issue with specing for Max range is no pickups in the bubble till it's gone, groups love that when you throw that on a boss ;(

Too me Limbo feels cheap and useless. I picked him up for 200 plat, and now he gathers dust while I rek stuff up with my Loki Prime. I though maybe he could redeem himself and his abilities by being able to use it on bosses, but Banish just tells me the target is invalid and I have to use his last ability to get bosses into the rift which they still can shoot out of and hurt you. Also there are a lot of things that will still hurt you in the rift like lasers and mine ospreys for some reason... And of course you can get trolled by teammates and not be able to shoot anything that's not in the rift, which in turn has lost defense missions because I couldn't kill enemies attacking it. He seriously needs to be taken aback and given some serious buffs. But first I think getting all these bugs out of the way is better for now.

I do apologize if this has been mentioned already, but I'm not really in the mood to swim through 4 pages of players hating on Limbo... 

The rift plane does offer energy regeneration (I haven't checked if this stacks with Energy Siphon, though), but I believe offering more support aspects to the rift realm would make Limbo much more desirable in a team environment. 

For example, features that could be considered for enemies or allies within the realm plane:  enemy debuffs, enemy damage overtime, ally health regeneration over time, ally damage buff, damage mitigation, etc. 

^In a much similar fashion as to the Oberon buffs, these would make the rift plane much more appealing if their effects were significant enough to affect end-game. Of course, I'm throwing this out without quantitative data, but... DE if you see this, feel free to hit me up to be one of your testing guinea pigs... I'm good with math ;) 

Indeed, we're discussion about those kind of ideas, everything has been more or less mentionned.

By the way, during those 4 pages none of us has shown hate against Limbo. We want changes because we like him, not because we hate him. I love Limbo, so I care about his bad points. :p

Mogamu has great ideas that you guys should check out, his cataclysm idea is great, where people could damage enemies in the bubble but if limbo banishes teamates they deal extra damage to enemies in the bubble. Hope you guys like it.

Well, there's some valuable ideas here. I guess that could help.

Edited by Einde
typo

Indeed, we're discussion about those kind of ideas, everything has been more or less mentionned.

By the way, during those 4 pages none of us has shown hate against Limbo. We want changes because we like him, not because we hate him. I love Limbo, so I care about his bad points. :p

h1QT5z0.jpg I use this build for defense and it works wonders. You should try it for Cataclysm

Already tried it.

It does not make my points worthless though.

Look, you're trying to convey the message that Limbo might be "a useless frame or his abilities are too similar" (not in those words), but what you fail to realize is that Limbo is a support frame who benefits from specific builds and play-styles.

Is he useless? No. Are there better options in some circumstances? Yes.

However, EVERY frame can be applied to this concept. Not every frame that comes out has to be better than the last. Limbo has a place in the game that some players are starting to find and fine tune. Some of your points are valid, and some are utterly worthless. Nobody can disagree that Limbo needs tweaking, especially with some of the visual effects, but you complain about Limbo being unrewarding when we have yet to discern where his strengths and weaknesses are.

Edited by -CM-JoeTheBanshee

Agreed to OP.

I find the most annoying thing with Limbo is that he couldn't even pick up things like datamass and other items while he's in rift walk or cataclysm. Why?? He is Limbo after all and should be able to do something that simple.

Edited by ndantony

I see your point Einde, I think his whole Rift dimension needs a bit of work as well. Maybe a random debuff to an enemy each time the enemy is pulled in like less amount of damage, slower movement, less durability would be nice and friends would get buffs which are the opposites of the debuffs. Is it a bug that I get procs in the other world though? Hope it is.

Making his Banish have AOE is a bit of a risk since you may suddenly friends and banish should be toggable.

Look, you're trying to convey the message that Limbo might be "a useless frame or his abilities are too similar" (not in those words), but what you fail to realize is that Limbo is a support frame who benefits from specific builds and play-styles.

Is he useless? No. Are there better options in some circumstances? Yes.

However, EVERY frame can be applied to this concept. Not every frame that comes out has to be better than the last. Limbo has a place in the game that some players are starting to find and fine tune. Some of your points are valid, and some are utterly worthless. Nobody can disagree that Limbo needs tweaking, especially with some of the visual effects, but you complain about Limbo being unrewarding when we have yet to discern where his strengths and weaknesses are.

Yes, Limbo is a support frame. He does something no other support frame does - Offers energy regeneration. However, it comes at such a massive price in terms of game play, ease of use, and fun. Especially for team mates. 

I've tried him with multiple builds, including the one suggested. The cryo pod bubble doesn't seem to be effective enough (enemies can still damage it). Isolating enemies with auras doesn't seem to be effective (I've still been effected by the auras, as well as my team mates who I've banished). The damage offered from his skills aren't high enough to warrant strength mods. The only thing he offers, once all is said and done, is energy regeneration. And that comes at such a high price (not being able to pick up anything, not being able to damage things, obscuring other team mates game play). 

He is the only support frame (IMO) that has more drawbacks to his "support" than it actually offers in benefits.

I've tried him with multiple builds, including the one suggested. The cryo pod bubble doesn't seem to be effective enough (enemies can still damage it). Isolating enemies with auras doesn't seem to be effective (I've still been effected by the auras, as well as my team mates who I've banished). The damage offered from his skills aren't high enough to warrant strength mods. The only thing he offers, once all is said and done, is energy regeneration. And that comes at such a high price (not being able to pick up anything, not being able to damage things, obscuring other team mates game play). 

A lot of these complaints are purely bugs that will be ironed out now that the staff back from the weekend or feedback that they will take to tweak him.

This is the first time I've been completely Negative towards a new frame. Not only is he rather useless in pretty much every game mode, but trolls canuse him to stop you from being able to help the team. 

I can't believe DE thought he was fit for release in this state, this is just embarassing and discouraging.

I hope they fix him VERY soon, like this wednesday if possible. Right now he's legitimately the worst frame in the game in my opinion and my #1 most hated frame because of his trolling potential.