The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hacking Is Not What It Use'd To Be...

Solar-Flare68

When the latest update came out, i started a mission and found the hacking to be suddenly "uncool". Its more frustrating in tight situations and dosent have the awesome little sound it plays after you complete it with the hexagons moving towards the edge of the screen....

What do you other Tenno think about this change? 

I think it's great. 

It adds more depth to the universe as both factions have individual hacking layouts and mechanisms.

I agree. It adds a lot more culture to the game and adds that little bit of immersion which is what i think has been lacking in Warframe lately.

When the latest update came out, i started a mission and found the hacking to be suddenly "uncool". Its more frustrating in tight situations and dosent have the awesome little sound it plays after you complete it with the hexagons moving towards the edge of the screen....

I think it's a much needed change to make it feel different whether you're fighting Grineer or Corpus. Previously it felt like they for some reason had the same security software supplier :)

i dont apprecaite the new hacking under the grineer based ones, because when you are soloing even the best hacker/fighter if will get tehri &#! handed to them. it be fine if we didnt have REVIVES (as in they were completely removed from the game) but i find myself goign through revives like im drowning these days an ive had enough of it.

i'm glad they have separate Security Systems now.

though the Security Systems are hilariously easy to break into, but Video Game hacking tropes so i let it slide.

honestly, i actually almost like the Grineer one better simply because it only goes one way. with the Corpus one, since i can't REBIND THE DIRECTIONS, i always press the wrong click and turn it the wrong way first, then have to turn it one extra turn the other way. this happens on every single hex.

for me, left click should always be Counter-Clockwise. i only want the OPTION to reverse these so i don't always get it wrong on the first click.

I think it's a much needed change to make it feel different whether you're fighting Grineer or Corpus. Previously it felt like they for some reason had the same security software supplier :)

I'm pretty sure they're compatible. When I was doing the first mission in the quest you actually get to use the Archwing, I saw Grineer boarders decide to helpfully set off the Corpus alarms to let them know I was there, presumably out of reflex.

The hacking mini game seems to be a double edged sword, at least to me. Previous posters have voiced many of my concerns and compliments.

The Corpus Console reskin is a welcomed change. It brings immersion and the larger tiles make it easier in some ways. I just wish the lines were a little more bold. Aside from that, nice work.

I am still getting used to the Grineer Console. There's no time limit, which is nice because if you're off by a fraction of a second, the tile doesn't move. Under stress(being shot at, hacked up, set on fire, etc), this game can get you killed very quickly. However, it would appear that the Grineer are a bit less lock down happy, these days. Maybe it's just me...

Frustrating? That's the point.

"Oh, there's the terminal. There are 20 enemies shooting at me but that doesn't matter because I can manually hack it in less than 6 seconds."

It adds challenge (possibly except the Grineer hacking. Anyone knows if that is affected by lag?) and forces you to eliminate all enemies or go invisible

I find it rather bland, to be honest. 

I like simple and fun puzzle hacking games, and that would allow a nice bit of change of pace for Warframe to have that installed for each faction (the Corpus has that, so that is nice [and the number of tiles increased too! Let us hope that means better puzzles!]). 

Love it, now all those idiots who made my life difficult rushing rescue missions and forcing me to hack doors quickly have to STOP. I literally did 3 rescue missions in the past week and people used STEALTH!

Not stealth frame, we crawled around and assassinated the guardmen. This never happened before so the change is clearly for the better. In tight spots you have a full rank grineer hack, good luck opening it in 5 seconds without a cipher.

I'm sure in another few weeks people will just get ciphers and go back to rushing but at least I got to do real stealth rescues for once.