Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return To Jump Attacks Please, No More Air Melee

Lesserli

After the patch that introduced the air melee attack it's very frustrating to use weapons like the Dual Ichor because the air melee is completely useless. It's just a normal attack that is too weak to be efficient in any situation. Grineer arc traps are mostly on the floor (I didn't see traps on walls so far) so the advertized "you can reach arc traps and high enemies" is obsolete, the melee bug (that hasn't been fixed for more than ONE year now!) that the character puts back his melee weapon completely before you can attack with them again is now almost guaranteed, and it's now next to impossible to travel with it. Sometimes it's neccessary to use the jump attack to slow down but instead of performing this attack I only can use the air melee and keep flying forward (usually into a bottomless pit or into another hazard). With the Halicar it's a bit better so it could be weapon specific?

Nevertheless I'd like to go back to the normal state or please give at least an option to turn air melee on or off. Thank you.

Aim at the ground while in air, then press E.

Slam attacks were not removed, y'know.

Take the Kronen and try that. Tip: it won't work. Kronen for example doesn't seem to ahve a ground slam anymore.

But to be honest i don't miss it. I only use Ground slam in very few situations and in 99% not even because of enemys. I like the new air attacks, very good to kill drones, so no don't remove them.

wait, so the way of determining which attack you want to do is by aiming? i thought it was about the controls! 

Yes, by aiming. You fly in the directio you aim at - straight up, to the side, at slight angle, down to slam, anything.

Well you where never suposed to copter with melee anyways, and for me the air melee is the best thing since the Nukor. it allows you to travel faster in an specific direction (specially good for those extra inches you need to reach that ledge) and you can finally kill those pesky Ospreys when going melee only.

First people crying about not having air melee, now people complain for having it? you should calm down first and get your ideas straight so we can understand the problem.

Actually, some weapons are lacking it.

The Kronen doesn't have the slam...IT HAS DOUBLE GLITCH AIR ATTACK

Now that I think about it, Galatine also has a double air attack...

Yeah, some of the weapons have bugged slam attacks, but from what I've seen, DE is slowly but steadily fixing them one by one.