Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Here Doesn't Follow Their Own Threads?

Imaru

I'm just wondering who doesn't follow their threads, and beyond that, WHY they don't. Do they not want to get involved in a possible $#!+storm in the thread? Do they just forget?

I want to start a discussion here, but if a community moderator sees fit to move this to a different subforum, please do. 

Hi, Imaru, I commented on one of your threads a couple days ago, you didn´t respond to the two answers you got, so I wonder if there is merit in answering here. I also wonder in general if people just create threads and leave to increase their forum level.

Hi, Imaru, I commented on one of your threads a couple days ago, you didn´t respond to the two answers you got, so I wonder if there is merit in answering here. I also wonder in general if people just create threads and leave to increase their level.

I usually only respond to threads/notifications that I get if I feel that further discussion is needed. On that one, I felt that the discussion had run it's course. I always make a point of following my own threads so that I can clarify information as needed.

I always follow  my threads and post manually, altough I´ve never written a post that got that many responses or deviated from the topic, so I don´t know if I would unfollow it. I think once you start a thread, is your baby out there; giving your opinion in anyway always carry the burden of responsability, ideally the most responsible thing to do would be to answer all comments that are on topic, if the thread carries on without you, you just need to make a ocasional comment to keep it on topic and if you reach a desirable answer post a summary and a conclusion and ask the post to be lock. Otherwise they can turn into pointless rambling or topics that could use their own thread.

Hi, Imaru, I commented on one of your threads a couple days ago, you didn´t respond to the two answers you got, so I wonder if there is merit in answering here. I also wonder in general if people just create threads and leave to increase their forum level.

It is far easier to increase your post count by finding a megathread and posting/arguing in those. I'm not sure why anyone would care enough about their post count to bother doing that though. Its not like it means anything.

OT: I actually go one step further and follow every thread I post in. I do so anonymously because I'm shy.

If I create a thread it's usually something I'm genuinely interested to talk about, so yeah I usually follow them, unless it's a bug report or something which doesn't necessarily require feedback (except from a member of the team, but I've yet to see that happen on one of my threads).