Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Makes Me Uneasy; It Feels Uncomfortably Close To Jumping The Shark.

duenor

However, Limbo disrupts this. A magician, with a hat that he can doff? Are we now taking pages out of DC's missteps? Will we next see a warframe whose theme is rainbows and music notes?

I'm sure some ninja somewhere meditated with rainbow light in mind, and music too :p

Visualizing qi as light is common, "rainbow colored" is often used in qigong.  Which is a Taoist practice but like I said I'm sure some ninja must've learned from some master at some point, it's all connected. Stare squinting at the sun, I'm sure you'll see all the pretty rainbows.  As for manifesting light from the ether, I'm sure it's possible.   I've seen people manifest electricity and flame before.  Like the "legends" of ninja who could also do such things.  

So here's hoping for a ninja with a flute that spreads rainbow light.  That's honestly one of my goals no joke, to heal just by playing a song while manifesting light along with it.  Uncovering the light hiding within all things.  Just wandering around, nothing but a flute and the clothes on my back, healing and restoring harmony to any life I come across.  Maybe one day.

Edited by SleepingSentry

Vauban gets away with being a Jumpsuited Engineer/Mechanic, Mirage is a clown, Oberon is a goat, Zephyr is a bird, Hydroid is a pirate, and Saryn is a Sexbug or something...

and you people have a problem with Limbo not looking ninja enough?  Personally I love the fact that they're breaking away from "Skin-tight Colored Elemental Suit" and going for crazy unique ideas, which is what Warframe is supposed to be about.

I mean, When was the last time you had a chance to explode people as a Gentleman in a top hat? ...TF2 Doesn't count, Those people are far from gentlemen.

(Nobody is thinking about Idle animations either, in that regard Ash is the only one with a proper "Ninja" animation, Considering everyone else is too busy flashing or flexing or just being non-ninja.)

Edited by Vincyn

Vauban gets away with being a Jumpsuited Engineer/Mechanic, Mirage is a clown, Oberon is a goat, Zephyr is a bird, Hydroid is a pirate, and Saryn is a Sexbug or something...

and you people have a problem with Limbo not looking ninja enough? 

Probably because none of the others wear a futuristic formal outfit, tophat included.

They could have done so much more with "void sorceror", and instead we got this. It's wasted potential.

Probably because none of the others wear a futuristic formal outfit, tophat included.

They could have done so much more with "void sorceror", and instead we got this. It's wasted potential.

You're Right, Vauban has more of a fullbody Carhartt with boots, and a Beret if I desire, and Hydroid even has poofy pants, but naw they're not formal attire so its ok.

Then you suggest Void Sorceror?

Sorcerer_Mickey_Wand_Pin.jpg

But i'll just leave you to your double standards.

Well, I'm a bit late to the party but regardless...

OP is lying to himself with the premise of the issues he outlines in this thread. What this really boils down to is simply that he expected something more badass looking when he heard the term "void sorcerer" and he is disappointed with the final product.

Guess what? He's here to stay. No amount of complaining is going to have him removed even if 95% of the community agreed.

And how exactly is a tophat going to ruin your game any more than a tricorn, a jester's hat, or a flaming mohawk, hm?

(edited ...)

and you people have a problem with Limbo not looking ninja enough?

Yes, yes, meh, ugh, erg and hmm to the first remark ...

Point taken, there is a wide cast of characters

However, it is not the lack of "nija-esqueness" that is incongruous

By now nearly every one in the community accepts the phrase "ninja" as having a broad significance

"Ninja" is being used as a rubric to convey a general motif of being a combatant which includes tactical strike forces, special ops and espionage/infiltrator

In other words, it not about being a ninja - its about thematic unity

Face it, even western movies liked to play up the incongruity of a well-dressed gambler inside a dusty saloon where all the other characters are grimy cowboys

This is nothing more than an allusion to class difference and perhaps a nod to economic disparity

And for that matter, historically "ninjas" could take on ANY appearance to suit their mission, including posing as an entertainer to get close enough to an assassination target

For my part, I did see the VoidFrame as being something utterly and wildly different from the other characters

In that sense, DE did exactly that

However, it is merely a matter of taste that they went with that particular iconic figure - a magician - rather than something more abstract and emphemeral  

I just want to point out some DC knowledge: The Opticor was explicitly stated to be moving away from the design trends of Corpus weapons. No-one's complaining about that.

You know, I had heard that.

After getting my hands on the thing though, I'd have to disagree. The main difference is that it's metallic, but the overall shape of it screams Corpus.

Translation of gimmick: "Something that I personally don't like"

"In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use. Thus, a gimmick is a special feature for the sake of having a special feature."

First result that came up on google. Seems apt to me.

Edited by Illuminatus51

For my part, I did see the VoidFrame as being something utterly and wildly different from the other characters

In that sense, DE did exactly that

However, it is merely a matter of taste that they went with that particular iconic figure - a magician - rather than something more abstract and emphemeral  

I'll hear that using the stock magician figure even down to the coattail's was a bit..."Stock" for lack of better term, but I believe, especially with the release of Nyx Prime, that adding more bangles and pieces onto things doesn't make for a better appearance. Personally, I enjoy the classic stage-magician look, it was the first thing I screamed when I saw him; "Holy S#&$ he's magical!".

I guess maybe I'm the only one who got bored of "Weird Bug Suit".

"In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries. However, the special feature is typically thought to be of little relevance or use. Thus, a gimmick is a special feature for the sake of having a special feature."

I was being snarky.

But here's the real definition of gimmick. Note definition 3.

1.an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially onedesigned to attract attention or increase appeal.

2.a concealed, usually devious aspect or feature of something, as a planor deal:
An offer that good must have a gimmick in it somewhere.

3.a hidden mechanical device by which a magician works a trick or agambler controls a game of chance.

4.Electronics Informal. capacitor formed by intertwining two insulatedwires.
Edited by EetNotErn

Exactly. That hat tipping idle is just too much for me. Thankfully we can swap animations now, but still, 75 plat just for that?

Edited by EgoSerpentis