Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Samurai Warframe

Sir_Caleb

As the title states I believe we seriously need a samurai like frame. I know the warframe Typhus who is the "Viral Samurai", but we need a true samurai. Someone who can use the nikana and own it. Please DE, I think this would be great. And if you question why there should be a samurai in a Space Ninja Simulator then why are there magicians? :D

QXUljgY.gif

Edited by Sir_Caleb

LONG TIME AGO IN A DISTANT LAND,

I, AKU, THE SHAPESHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL.

BUT A FOOOOOOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR, WIELDING A MAGIC SWORD, STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME.

*fight scene*

BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND SENT HIM INTO ANOTHER UNIVERSE

And so the story begins.

Edited by SirAedeagus

BUT A FOOOOOOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR, WIELDING A MAGIC SWORD, STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME.

*fight scene*

BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND SENT HIM INTO ANOTHER UNIVERSE

And so the story beguins.

And now the themesong is stuck in my head!

*fight scene*

And so the story beguins.

This got me to thinking...

Screw a samurai warframe, we need a Scotsman warframe!

giphy.gif

Edited by DJ_Redwire

This got me to thinking...

Screw a samurai warframe, we need a Scotsman warframe!

giphy.gif

YESSSS. Released alongside him will be a grineer designed ballistic bagpipes.

I also think a "Samurai" Warframe woul be difficult to pull off as a theme on its own. We already have Excalibur, who specs in melee as well as the Edo set. Rhino and Excalibur seem to fit the archetype fairly well with it(Rhino is more like the beefy Shogun).

As the title states I believe we seriously need a samurai like frame. I know the warframe Typhus who is the "Viral Samurai", but we need a true samurai. Someone who can use the nikana and own it. Please DE, I think this would be great. And if you question why there should be a samurai in a Space Ninja Simulator then why are there magicians? :D

I think it would be great to have a frame that "owns" certain mêlée. Dragon nikana is one of my fav mêlée too so +1

In concept, a samurai themed Warframe is insanely easy to pull off, I disagree with those that are saying the contrary. Make him a tanky damage sponge that controls steel. And no, I don't mean like Mag who controls magnetism itself. I mean actually controls physical alloys and nothing else. There are many things they could do with such a power. They don't have to make his powers revolve around Katana for him to have his samurai theme. Samurai use a lot more than just swords. Naginata, Yumi (long bow), massive clubs, Wakizashi, Fans, Kama, chained weapons....the list goes on. Excal has always seemed more like a sword-wielding ninja than anything close to an actual samurai. I'd say it take more than a single ultimate that lets hims summon swords for him to be considered a "samurai".

Also, I cant understand why people say things like "we don't need a....". We already have a pirate, a ninja (two ninjas if you include Excal), a magician, a trickster, a rhinoceros, a paladin, a necromancer, multiple elementals etc. Really not seeing how a Samurai themed Warframe is going to hurt at this point lol. It seems like an obvious choice tbh.

Typhus is an awesome concept in itself, but it kind of contradicts the samurai aspect. Being a glass-cannon kinda clashes with being a samurai, who pride themselves on their armor.

In concept, a samurai themed Warframe is insanely easy to pull off, I disagree with those that are saying the contrary. Make him a tanky damage sponge that controls steel. And no, I don't mean like Mag who controls magnetism itself. I mean actually controls physical alloys and nothing else. There are many things they could do with such a power. They don't have to make his powers revolve around Katana for him to have his samurai theme. Samurai use a lot more than just swords. Naginata, Yumi (long bow), massive clubs, Wakizashi, Fans, Kama, chained weapons....the list goes on. Excal has always seemed more like a sword-wielding ninja than anything close to an actual samurai. I'd say it take more than a single ultimate that lets hims summon swords for him to be considered a "samurai".

Also, I cant understand why people say things like "we don't need a....". We already have a pirate, a ninja (two ninjas if you include Excal), a magician, a trickster, a rhinoceros, a paladin, a necromancer, multiple elementals etc. Really not seeing how a Samurai themed Warframe is going to hurt at this point lol. It seems like an obvious choice tbh.

Typhus is an awesome concept in itself, but it kind of contradicts the samurai aspect. Being a glass-cannon kinda clashes with being a samurai, who pride themselves on their armor.

To be honest l love this idea. But also to be honest Samurai prided themselves on their honor more than anything next was their two swords. then their there armor. Also a True Samurai would have  fudel Lord in this case Lady. The Lotus and they would only serve one lord/lady. Thus they would not want to serve the Syndicates. Coming from a Lore perspective. Acutally working on a Samurai idea for Warframe Roleplay in the forums. just thought i would add my two cents.

a...samurai?

Let's see...

✓ - Dashing through enemies in a blink of an eye, damaging them, and maybe if it has enough "power", killing them outright?

✓ - Moves so fast that your vision just becomes white, then you're slashed into pieces?
✓ - Moves so fast that one moment he's in front of you, the next moment he's up high above you, sword raised, aiming a crack at your poor Corpus helmet?

✓ - Just stands in the center of enemies, does a small amount of motion, suddenly all of those people around him are slashed?...And if there's enough "power", actually die from the direct slashes?

that's so cool!...Let's see....Let's make sure to name him after a sword too! Maybe a Japanese sword?...But no, Masamune's kinda overused...

I know! Let's take something from Britain's lore! Let's name him Excalibur!....

Wait what? He already exists?....I'm sorry. I seem to have forgotten about him, you know, not really having enough, erm, sword power and all.