Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Syndicates Sigil Is The Most Useless Thing In The Game.

Katze127

Well you have a lots of points, and you can choose. MOA specters, or a sigil? Well, i think, if i buy a sigil it boosted my reputation. I dont want + 50% or something big... just... some minimal boost... and no. I can buy MOA-s, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo why i buy MOA? I scatter my points "out of the window". So... well, yeah, i dont get very often mad by a game, or a system, but yes, I Now Nervous Reaaalllyyyyy... so... guys... what are u thinking? Its totally okay? I think no.

Edited by Katze127

I think DE realized sigils would have no purpose.

Which is why every sigil design is unique and cool.

They want to tempt you to spend your reputation points on them.

I already gave in once for the 2nd Perrin Sequence sigil.

#noregrets

Sigils were first talked about as something purely cosmetic; wear a sigil and complete some goal to earn the next one.  That was it.  And from what I remember, people were really excited to have a system that existed purely for cosmetics.

The system of wearing one to earn another went out the window with Syndicates.  There's a lot more to the system than cosmetics.  You don't even get a new sigil upon ranking up; it's just a tattoo that has to compete against unique mods and consumables.

Why are these two ideas rolled into one?  They have completely different goals.  Make sigils a separate cosmetic-only system and make Syndicates a system where you swear allegiance to a Syndicate to earn standing with them and have to make a conscious decision to change loyalties rather than just changing your clothes.

If the Sigils need to be rebranded from faction iconography, work them into the old Tenno clans that have been hinted at with polarity symbols, which so far still have nothing going for them other than funny names in the UI.  A sequence of sigils can be attached to a specific polarity symbol.  Wear a sigil, complete a task, earn the next one.  You can even use the Sigils to unlock lore when it's finally written as we retrace Tenno history.  Make Syndicate Sigils their own thing that you earn upon ranking up and/or completing certain missions for them; making us buy them is completely different from what they were originally billed as and what we were excited for.  Let us wear both of them in the Regalia system; a Tenno clan icon on one side and a Syndicate sigil on the other.

You don't join rival gangs by just wearing their colors.  That S#&$ gets you killed.  There has to be meaning to changing your loyalties beyond making the numbers game more difficult.  And Sigils as a concept just don't make sense to be integrated with it at all.

Edited by FrackingBiscuit

Almost true. Sigils give the oppotunity to gain Syndicate reputation.

Moved to a more appropriate section.

True but spending ton of reputation for a new sigil give you nothing more than a better look (or does it ?), the gain the same amount as you get with the basic sigil (am i right ?)

Cosmetics are cosmetics.

I don't consider it a cosmetic because you can't just wear it around unless you want to build up "getting your &#! ganked points" with two other factions.  If I could turn off that aspect of sigils, then I would agree with you.

As it is now I just want all the rewards from the six factions then I just want them all to go back to a level of not-hating-me where I'm not getting friendly visits from them any more, so by that point I wouldn't want to wear any of the sigils ever again.