Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Hellion Or Buff Archwing And Weapons

BloodSage09

I don't know what to say. Hellions are indeed a total pain. A single volley kills me while having over 1k shields.

The second post kind of worries me. I have not payed much attention. The abilities seem to work for me, although they are quite pathetic.

The shield blocks your own attacks, only covers the front and it does not seem to last long.

The flares are kind of useless, at least to me since I never notice I am being chased by missiles until I get killed (hi hellions!).

The ball spree seem to be just that, a bunch of balls that go around and hit a few enemies for so little damage that is actually kind of hilarious. I use them for the fireworks.

I have yet to determine what the fourth skill does, as I just got it and it just makes my WarFrame shine for about 5 seconds, it is like you transform yourself into a magic beacon so the enemies see you better (I should really read what this skill is supposed to do...)

1-your shields blocks your gun? must be a bug on your side then since it actually boosts your gundamage by 50% fire damage, though it does reduce guns maxrange to arround 200m.

a backward dash + shield when getting swarmed helps alot to stay alive.

2-you can hear missleswarms (if your music isn't to loud or gamesound to silent that is)

they are orange shiny balls hard to miss if they dont come from behind (enemy radar or just area awareness anyone?)

Flares only have a chance to attrackt missles so you still might take a few hits, though you can shoot down the thinned out missleswarm with your gun.

3-your own missles deal some damage as soon as they are leveled and can deal even more if shot through shield, but their main purpose is to stun enemies and weaken em so you can finishe em of with gunz blazing or melee(meleeing a highhp enemy is kinda dangerous as it often staggers you in point and all who ever played Descent or something alike know: those who stand still are already dead)

4-Repell (your shiny shiny) does a shockwave that deals heavy damage and pushes survivng enemies away.

helps alot to get enemies out of astroids/cover/away from cap points or to make room to revive. it's also spamable for massive aoe damage at higherlvls.

there is no real need to heavily nerf or buff either, you just need to lvl up a bit and learn how to use your tools.

I'm now at a level of mod collection where I can comfortably solo Uranus Interceptions and not die, using my Valkyr and melee combat. And I still think nerfing Hellion Dargyns is a good idea. They're pretty much the cheapest enemies in the game, more so than Stalker. Stalker at least gives you warning of when he'll arrive; Hellion Dargyns can stagger on the first missile, which can be launched at a distance and not be noticed, and then all the missiles that follow only a second later will kill you outright. Basically if you're staggered, you die, which isn't the case with any enemies you fight on normal missions.

Either remove the missile stagger, or reduce the damage from the missiles so that a single salvo doesn't one-shot-kill players before they have a chance to recover.

Edited by LGear

1.Finally farm all the useful mods for archwing and max level my archwing

2.Go play earth archwing interception.

3. Got one shot by a level 6 Hellion.

That is some Borderlands2-level of $&*&*#(%& scaling.

So you noticed that too, eh? Yeah, there's some certain problems. I mean, I'm level 30, high shields, decent armor upgrades, health upgrades, beefed out gun, etc, still suffer some major hurt. Mods are kinda weak on the buffs-to-damage scale of things. It really isn't a problem of players using the tools wrong most of the time. Also if you solo it is actually far easier. Try it! Why such a sharp rise in difficulty per player?

Well, to be fair, clearly it isn't finished. But yeah, mooks should not cause that much hurt. Added, to get some of the better mods you HAVE to go to the mid-high zone so... hm...

Edited by MartinVole

actually after playing for abit while, here's some tip how 1 should to do enjoy Achwing:

1/ Frost and Rhino are the only 1 suitable to flight Archwing

2/ the perfect Aura for Archwing is Rejuvenation

3/ stay on Earth to farm Rubedo-Line barrel, Cutting Edge and Furor before decide to go any futher.

While the damage buffs are good, always are, I'd suggest aiming for elemental damage. As for Furor... is it worth it? A 0.1 melee speed increase is barely noticeable.

As for the rest? Wait for it to balance out better I guess. No matter which way you turn this potato, it is only half-baked.

Edited by MartinVole

The ball spree seem to be just that, a bunch of balls that go around and hit a few enemies for so little damage that is actually kind of hilarious. I use them for the fireworks.

I have yet to determine what the fourth skill does, as I just got it and it just makes my WarFrame shine for about 5 seconds, it is like you transform yourself into a magic beacon so the enemies see you better (I should really read what this skill is supposed to do...)

Confirming the air force is officially renaming missiles "ball spree" lol

And you are exactly correct about the fourth

Hellions are too predictive, and random, they need nerfing. You should never have to randomly throw out an ability on the chance an enemy that deadly is around. It's just not fun to be lucky like that. 

The missiles are near silent from what I've heard on top of being a plain sound to begin with, you don't pick up the noise until they're right on top of you with all the other sound effects going off. 

Edited by LukeAura

Hellions are too predictive, and random, they need nerfing. You should never have to randomly throw out an ability on the chance an enemy that deadly is around. It's just not fun to be lucky like that. 

The missiles are near silent from what I've heard on top of being a plain sound to begin with, you don't pick up the noise until they're right on top of you with all the other sound effects going off. 

DE can put a huge red lock on text when you get locked on by missiles ?

No weird sounds please though, I can see, I don't need an alarm screeching.