Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Many Different Corrupted Mods In A Single Vault

AdFinitum

I think there are now too many corrupted mods to put them all into a single reward table. It was already somewhat hard to grind for essential corrupted mods before U15. With the recently added new corrupted mods chances are even lower to get the important mods and this endless grind removes some of the fun from a basically so exciting thing like breaking into vaults.

Especially with more corrupted mods eventually being added in the future this will become more and more of an issue.

In my opinion it would be more enjoyable if corrupted mods reward table would be split up so that a different derelict mission type vault yields a different set of corrupted mods.

Edit : Removed suggestion a.

Edited by AdFinitum

Why not both?

I think the reasoning behind DE not putting vaults in ODA and ODD is it would be too quick. Run in unlock vault destroy Lephantis and book it. Same with ODD find vault, smash thorugh 5 waves then book it. Course for ODD maybe the vault would be locked off by infestation for the first ten waves or something.

And yes I'm all for option b

Edited by nickelshark

I definitely agree. My sister and I got all the mods when they first got introduced, but then when doing it with a friend we couldn't find a copy of Fleeting Expertise. It took over 50 runs to get one for him.

I have been thinking about a system recently where it would weight the drop rates based on how long it has been since something has dropped. If such a system could track everything that uses drop chances and average it between players of the mission, this could help with a lot of the RNG issues and would allow finer control over drop-rates. A .01% drop chance would actually be reasonable if after you get 500 kills on the enemy in question the chance gets up to 2%. It would allow 'early' rewards and 'late' rewards instead of 'lucky' and 'unlucky' rewards.

Combine such a thing with well thought out drop tables and people could be happy.

What if the system were changed so that vaults were rarer, but any key would open them, and different types of keys would select different tables?

As an added bonus, now solo players can farm the vaults just as well as groups.

I really like the Idea of spliting up the mods between the different types.  But there a couple that should be left out. Assassination should not have its own corrupt mods.  Because of the unique requirement for Golem nav drops.  And also Defense.  ODD would make it far too easy and quick, purely because of the small map.

Otherwise, splitting them up between the Sabotage, Survival, Capture and Exterminate is a great idea.  There could be slight crossovers in the loot pools so as to not make it to easy to farm up exactly what you want(splitting into 4 distinct drop pools would make it to easy as the pools would be relatively small).

So I like the idea of splitting the pools to relieve the dilution of the pools, I just am worried that it could make it to easy, so I'd say split with slight crossovers.