Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons That Can Kill The Stalker Quickly?

NoeleVeerod

Question

Okay, I know this kind of question shouldn't come from an almost MR18 character with every weapon at his fingertips, but since the Stalker has been given yet some more abilities (such as lock down doors and be ignored by mobs) and some interesting drops, I would like to know what can I do to ensure that he goes down fast. Last time he appeared, either he skipped the stand up animation, or I missed him, because he teleported right behind my back and surprise downed me (and that is strange - downed, not killed), denying me a chance to get the Hate blueprint.

What weapons do you use to kill him quickly? Suggestions that work for higher level planets are really appreciated. I was thinking bows would be a solution (killed him with a single Dread arrow some time ago), but I don't really want to give him the chance to fire just before I do and wipe me out (read: I'm not super-duper accurate with bows and I'm not an AI with excellent aim).

I'll be happy to hear your suggestions.

Ok, I think the stalker downing people is intended, as it was forcing people to burn through revives. As for weapons, Boltor Prime and Brakk are always good bets, don't know if he is affected by procs. I would assume corrosive affects him, so a corrosive boltor prime, modded for status, might work well.

The Problem is not killing him, any decent weapon with 1-2 formas will do that for you, His greatest threat is his ability to burst you down with a single strike, as you noticed. ;) There are 2 ways to deal with that:

1. Organize quickly as a group and wait for him to spawn, if you see his spawn location,  you´ll most likely kill him before he gets up, if not a good team should still be able to focus him quickly enough and kill him before he can react to it.

*note: there are obvious limitations to this tactic, since you simply aren´t always with such a good and organized group or even alone! More often then not i find myself leveling stuff alone, when he shows up, that´s when the real fun begins! XD

2. I find this tactic to be way more reliable: Just Melee him!!! Yeah you heard me! ;) Once you see the messages from him, try to find an isolated location, where you can fight him undisturbed. A small room would actually the best way to go. Go into Meleestance and enter your blocking state. Blocking is crucial, it will let you survive his suprise attacks and give you time to react to the situation. Usually after his first attacks you´ll have a good window to go into offense and start beating the crap out of him. You´ll be suprised how fast most decent melee weapons can kill the stalker

I find this also to be the much more badass way of dealing with him. Since instead of expoiting the incredibly long spawn animation you actually manfight the guy!^^

If you really wanna be prepared bring a fast hitting melee weapon modded with radiation damage. Radiation is your best bet if you really wanna show off how quickly you can kill the dude, since he takes+75% damage from it.

Edited by r0ckwolf

Use radiation and viral on a weapon that has high burst DPS. I found Brakk is a rather effective means of getting rid of him. If possible, blow him away as soon as he is done his standing animation, if he is running around, you are going to have a problem.

Edited by LazyKnight

I use his own tactics against him, if I can. If I have Ash, I wait til the smoke appears at his spawn, then I smoke screen before he is completely spawned, it takes a sec or 2, then I ambush him with my Hate and Despair. If I have another frame, I will gain as much vertical elevation as I can and again wait for his smoke to tell me where he will spawn, then I begin to launch arrows from the Dread into his spawn. He is motionless for a couple seconds as he spawns, so more or less a window for mayhem, if you can capitalize on it.

Now I have not encountered him since this last update so this is based on before but what I usually do first if I know I am marked I try to do missions where I have control of the environment, such as where there are rooms that are not big or long corridors that are dead ends. He usually taunts you three times before showing up so after the first one get in a room or corridor with your back to the wall this will force him to appear in front of you as soon as you see his smoke blast away. I use a Boltor Prime, I use the same technique with syndicate hit squads.

Even the Sheev, pre-buff on Pointed Wind, can take the Stalker down quickly. It's more about just not being surprised by his quick intro attacks.

When you hear the Stalker coming:

- Find a good area to fight in, hopefully cleared of other distractions.

- Potentially find an area with a bit of objects you can dash behind if you want a quick reprieve from his ranged attacks

- Get lucky and spot his incoming animation....and just melee him.