Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change "ninjas Play Free" To "knights Play Free"

Mak_Gohae

more like "Clowns play free"

Not everyone is going to know about Mirage. Specially since the figurehead is Ex.

Except we don't fight for whoever pays the best we fight for the Lotus the invasions are just our way of getting paid for something we were going to do anyways which is kill grineer and corpus.

what about rails? Or that whole sushi situation? Tenno are kinda dumb for money.

Not everyone is going to know about Mirage. Specially since the figurehead is Ex.

what about rails? Or that whole sushi situation? Tenno are kinda dumb for money.

With the sushi thing we were still getting paid for killing grineer and corpus the only thing out of the ordinary was delivering the cryotic so again it was a case of the tenno getting paid really well for doing something they were going to do anyways.

Unfortunately the solar rails have me completely stumped since they don't fit into any of the lore that DE has released so far.

With the sushi thing we were still getting paid for killing grineer and corpus the only thing out of the ordinary was delivering the cryotic so again it was a case of the tenno getting paid really well for doing something they were going to do anyways.

Unfortunately the solar rails have me completely stumped since they don't fit into any of the lore that DE has released so far.

The Tenno are about balance and all that hippie crap. Randomly killing things while mining for something needs some more explaining on how this achieves balance. Our job isnt simply to kill, our job is to make sure one doesnt get too powerful. This is just a problem with the lack or lore in the game.

I don't see the Tenno resemblance to ninjas. I mean, ninjas have always been the hardest core stealth warriors. Blending in with crowds. Striking with bows from starlit rooftops, all in black. Ninjas have been the knife in your back, the poison in your wine, and the whispers of betrayal all around you.

Tenno just blow sh*t up, starting with the special effects budget. I'm pretty sure the average Tenno attack can be seen from space.

If anything, we're armor-clad space wizards.

Ninja

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/078/5/f/strider_hiryu___half_moon_by_corn102903-d4tbyr3.jpg

Come

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e3/e34973c338f3b1f5db09cb1039a0a81b0670d42bdadcf7d7e301d407089a1cf8.jpg

In many shapes

http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/legacy/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2007_movie.jpg

And

http://270c81.medialib.glogster.com/media/35/3518d108cfa7376f42fb2b895aa8058802f89f25b0c4006925a720489ec7f599/kakashi-2035.jpg

And colors

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68065/2195254-snakeeyes_10_cover_by_spidermanfan2099_d4p84lg.jpg

We the Tenno aren´t the good guys. 

Good guys fight for a higher good, we fight for the one who pays us the best.

Well, I am not figthing for the Lotus, she just gets me some missions, I am deciding if they are worth it or not.

Then I think you mean your not a good guy.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

parkour is ninja-esque, sure, space magick can be a version of fantasy ninpo(ninja ki magic), why not, guns(excluding bows)......no. also we currently have no stealth mechanics to speak of.  Tenno are more akin to straight forward warriors than ninja.  I know we won't be getting rid of any guns in game that's called a shooter, but drop those and add some good stealth mechanics and then we can consider ourselves ninja. until Stealth at the very least becomes a thing than we're more akin to warriors than anything resembling a ninja.

I checked via looking at what is possible and by knowing that hollywood' portrayal is as far from the truth as it gets without introducing unicorns.

I never discuss the mystical side (read: the BS that various movies teach little kids) when discussing ninja.

If you don't want to talk about historical facts and various aspects of realism, why even bring them up?

Fair enough.

you should check again, google wall running and/or parkour. ninja were know to be expert and in some cases master parkour practitioners and used it to get around smoothly and more silently and get to places most people could not.

All of those are fictional. Maybe you should research historical ninja.

you should check again, google wall running and/or parkour. ninja were know to be expert and in some cases master parkour practitioners and used it to get around smoothly and more silently and get to places most people could not.

No they weren't. Stop using movies and other works of fiction to educate yourself. Also, maybe YOU should google wall running. That way you'd see that 'wall running' is really more of wall vaulting if you're moving in any direction other than straight up. Also, parkour is almost always one of the loudest ways to reach your goal as it requires more speed, force, and friction than simple sneaking, climbing, and such does.

Completely relevant:

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Parkour was developed in France in the 1980s. Historical ninja were active in Japan (and China) in the 14-1600s. Unless they had access to a time machine, I highly doubt there were any ninja who knew parkour.

Edited by vaugahn

No they weren't. Stop using movies and other works of fiction to educate yourself. Also, maybe YOU should google wall running. That way you'd see that 'wall running' is really more of wall vaulting if you're moving in any direction other than straight up. Also, parkour is almost always one of the loudest ways to reach your goal as it requires more speed, force, and friction than simple sneaking, climbing, and such does.

Completely relevant:

I told you to google wall running because you mentioned it wasn't possible. but this video is showing you that it is. Also yes in fact ninja did use parkour in form if not name, and no they couldn't do it to the extent that fictional game characters can. because it fictional and any camparison to reality is automatically flawed.

Parkour was developed in France in the 1980s. Historical ninja were active in Japan (and China) in the 14-1600s. Unless they had access to a time machine, I highly doubt there were any ninja who knew parkour.

Like I said parkour has been used for centuries in many warrior cultures, in form(or essecnce) if not actually being called parkour. Just because something is officially discovered doesn't mean it didn't exist before then.

I told you to google wall running because you mentioned it wasn't possible. but this video is showing you that it is. Also yes in fact ninja did use parkour in form if not name, and no they couldn't do it to the extent that fictional game characters can. because it fictional and any camparison to reality is automatically flawed.

Like I said parkour has been used for centuries in many warrior cultures, in form(or essecnce) if not actually being called parkour. Just because something is officially discovered doesn't mean it didn't exist before then.

Wall-running is not possible. That video illustrates exactly what I'm talking about. Hurtling yourself at a wall and using your feet to change the direction of your force is not running on the wall. It is more accurately described as vaulting. You could do the same thing with your arms. That video showcased the world record distance traveled while 'wall-running' and even then it was only a few meters (3.49 meters according to their website). I have seen zero evidence to indicate that Ninja used used parkour, if you are going to continue to make this claim please provide evidence. No, quoting the mysticism surrounding them doesn't work. Provide evidence of these numerous warrior cultures that used parkour before it was created

Upon further deliberation I have decided that not even vaulting describes the action accurately. The action basically consists of a person leaping at a wall and then jumping/pushing off that wall but at an angle that allows them to continue to make contact with wall with their feet in a 'running-like' manner. The mechanics behind the action are not like that of those behind running as from what I have seen, experienced, and been told by friends who participate in the activity, the foot on wall activity doesn't generally matter beyond the first 'step' as after that you're really just miming/going through the motions. Vertical 'wall-running' works a little differently though.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Actually that is catchy with the way frames are now being built.

From a magician we are going to a cowboy. So .... yeah... whatever we are at the moment.... play free.

Sure, I would be saying this to my friends: 

"Why is Warframe fun?".

"Because Whatever-You-Want-To-Call-Us Play Free."

And I am fully aware of the grammatical error. 

Yes fictional. Fictional ninjas.

Are you implying warframe was ever trying to be anything like historically accurate ninja? 

I started this game before the wizard and the pirate ninja started popping up and even back then I never felt like they were going for "Historical" ninja. They've always seemed to have been aiming for the the fictional highly stylized action movie ninjas. Like the "ninja" I mentioned.

Still fits the ninjas play free angle. Just not old school accurate ninja. Anyone wants old school ninja vibes, find out if copies of the Tenchu series still exist.

Yes fictional. Fictional ninjas.

Are you implying warframe was ever trying to be anything like historically accurate ninja? 

I started this game before the wizard and the pirate ninja started popping up and even back then I never felt like they were going for "Historical" ninja. They've always seemed to have been aiming for the the fictional highly stylized action movie ninjas. Like the "ninja" I mentioned.

Still fits the ninjas play free angle. Just not old school accurate ninja. Anyone wants old school ninja vibes, find out if copies of the Tenchu series still exist.

If you are going to use fictional ninja to try and link Warframe appearances to ninja you might as well just stop. Using that kind of logic I could claim the frames are actually goldfish and then back that claim up with various fictional pictures. The 'ninja' you mentioned aren't ninja. If you aren't going by the historically accurate representation of them you are doing nothing but making up characters and plastering a ninja badge on them. Something does not become a ninja just because you (or its creator) claim it is.

You'll have to forgive me if this doesn't make since. I'm crap at words sometimes.

If you are going to use fictional ninja to try and link Warframe appearances to ninja you might as well just stop. Using that kind of logic I could claim the frames are actually goldfish and then back that claim up with various fictional pictures. The 'ninja' you mentioned aren't ninja. If you aren't going by the historically accurate representation of them you are doing nothing but making up characters and plastering a ninja badge on them. Something does not become a ninja just because you (or its creator) claim it is.

They aren't "actual ninja" in the traditional way but they are labeled as such. That label stuck and now most can accept or expect a ninja to be things other then what a true ninja actually is. Hence why they can call these fakers I guess you could(would?) call them ninja. Over time what it means to be a Ninja in the eyes of many become oversimplified, becoming sort of a stereotype.

And in that they all fit the bare minimum of the stereotype regarding what ninja should be or do. Infiltrate, have some sort of code, and kill or mess things up. All being high mobile and acrobatic. It doesn't matter that once they infiltrate they become murdering death machines of chaos and mayhem. They use swords, do flips, and manage to sneak into things without detection and that is what many have come to believe a ninja is. 

Which is why the ninjas play free still fits. They aren't ninjas in the original sense but they do fit the stereotype many have come to know as ninja.

EDIT: Also fake ninja probably would have an adverse reaction for the potential audience. 

Nobody want to play a game with the tag line is wanna be ninjas play free. 

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721