Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bows Please?

VampirePirate

We just need a bow would a different mechanic besides just modding for crit chance/crit damage. Ideas I had would be arrows that have a randomized element when fully charged (rare chance to apply combined elements like corrosive, magnetic, radiation) A bow that can weaken resistances and empower weaknesses (or in other words, a support bow, like the tracer gun in Bad Company 2) and a bow that can have a remote detonation, like the Penta (as the arrow is shot, you could hold right-click to charge up the damage, and it will automatically explode at full charge, if it reaches terrain or an enemy that doesn't die, you could still charge and detonate, So yea, speed novas and nyx's find a leaper, stick an arrow, mind control him, and make him a mobile nuke.

Because everyone's tired of bows all about being damage. *cough* Paris Prime *cough cough*

Kela de Thaym discovered Vor's research which he used to build the Seer, a Grineer-Orokin hybrid tech. 

Kela then creates the 'Vile Cernos', a hybrid technology bow and ditches her Ogris. 

She would equip it with thunderbolt, so that her projectiles still explode, but that would be a mod drop chance, not an innate fixture of the bow. 

Vile Cernos would be the top-tier impact bow, along with Dread and Paris Prime. 

Vile would be the prefix for Grineer modified superweapons. 

*yawn*  what?

oh...

you: I'm telling you we have enough bows, and the only people that don't think that, simply want one because they are bored, and being bored OR drunk when making design decisions is what gets you either fired or arrested.

me: Are you speaking from experience?  I remember seeing on plenty of devstreams that the devs are drinking beer while explaining to us what is to come in the next updates.  Could you by any chance be talking about this?   If not, then what?  I don't see how this has anything to do with the thread topic.  ...or are you afraid that we may actually get more bows in this game?

I can already see what half you fall into.

In how many ways do you want to fire a damn arrow?

Do you really think there is ANY possible ways to make a new bow interesting that make it be "not a bow" anymore? No, there is not.

You are totally delusional if you think a new bow won't either replace one of the current ones - and there is only 2 we use, the Dread and Paris Prime anyway - or simply be what people call MR fodder.

Because yea, LOTS of people walk around with a Cernos.

I can already see what half you fall into.

In how many ways do you want to fire a damn arrow?

Do you really think there is ANY possible ways to make a new bow interesting that make it be "not a bow" anymore? No, there is not.

You are totally delusional if you think a new bow won't either replace one of the current ones - and there is only 2 we use, the Dread and Paris Prime anyway - or simply be what people call MR fodder.

Because yea, LOTS of people walk around with a Cernos.

you: I can already see what half you fall into.

me: This only means that you are a bigot.  Also, I don't care what you think of me.  You don't know me well enough to say much of anything, and so saying any more would only confirm your bigotry.  Above all that, this has nothing to do with the thread topic.

you: Do you really think there is ANY possible ways to make a new bow interesting that make it be "not a bow" anymore? No, there is not.

me: That's your opinion.  I don't pretty much care for it.

you: You are totally delusional if you think a new bow won't either replace one of the current ones - and there is only 2 we use, the Dread and Paris Prime anyway - or simply be what people call MR fodder.

me:  Hmm... let's see who is the delusional one.  I assume by this comment that you are saying a new bow will replace the current ones being used.  Okay, let's say it will.  So what?  Isn't that what's happening with the guns being added to this game?

I will quote you here: I'm telling you we have enough bows...

We have more guns than any of us can imagine, the numbers for guns outweigh the bows, but you don't seem to have an opinion about having so many guns.

It's ultimately about preference, and people will stick to what they like whether it is a new weapon or old one.  Again, opinions.  You would be delusional to think I would care about your opinions, when I actually don't.  A lot of what you have already said is irrelevant to what's being discussed anyway.

you: Because yea, LOTS of people walk around with a Cernos.

me: I don't.  I don't even like the Cernos.  That's a poor and fictional comment, unless you can prove that "lots" of people use that weapon.   The last time I saw someone using a Cernos was just earlier, and that was the only time in weeks.  Surely that is not "lots of people."

So let me ask you this.  Why even come to this thread if you are against this request for new bows?  Are you that frightened that DE will actually make them anyway, because of this thread?  Fact: there is a new bow on its way anyhow.  Looks like you lose.

Edited by VampirePirate

We only need a CERNOS PRIME with similar Looks to the original because it rocks.

Sonic bow: Shoots arrow that hits target and explodes into waves of loud sound that disables or eliminates a crowd of targets.

Energy bow: Shoots arrows composed of energy, sort of like the Ballista

Spread bow: Shoots multiple arrows in a cone-like spread to eliminate multiple targets.

Ricochet bow: Shoots arrows that rebound off surfaces to hit targets.

Those could be more like Bow/CrossBow special Mods like the current Thunder Bolt

Sonic Arrow/Noise Maker: A small Effect like Banshe's "Sound Quake" ON IMPACT stun/knock down + little damage

Over Draw: pull your string to the max to get a inherent pierce.

Spread Bow... i have trouble with this one because its either a Bow specific Split Chamber which reaches to more splits up to 2.5 or something or half split chamber half Heavy caliber which would end with Ballista like Spread

Ricochet / Scatter Arrow: the arrowhead splits on impact into shrapnel pieces at random directions(could be 1-3 or some many making a silent thunderbolt ) or the arrow bounces in a different close enemy robin hood style. the second is more tv-like effect but far more useful than the more realistic simple shrapnel

Yes.

But honestly? If they're making new bows at least make them viable. That other bow that everyone forgot about looked amazing but DREAD AND FRANCAIS PRIME MASTER RACE so far.

Cernos will be back... hopefully

We only need a CERNOS PRIME with similar Looks to the original because it rocks.

Those could be more like Bow/CrossBow special Mods like the current Thunder Bolt

Sonic Arrow/Noise Maker: A small Effect like Banshe's "Sound Quake" ON IMPACT stun/knock down + little damage

Over Draw: pull your string to the max to get a inherent pierce.

Spread Bow... i have trouble with this one because its either a Bow specific Split Chamber which reaches to more splits up to 2.5 or something or half split chamber half Heavy caliber which would end with Ballista like Spread

Ricochet / Scatter Arrow: the arrowhead splits on impact into shrapnel pieces at random directions(could be 1-3 or some many making a silent thunderbolt ) or the arrow bounces in a different close enemy robin hood style. the second is more tv-like effect but far more useful than the more realistic simple shrapnel

Cernos will be back... hopefully

Some clever thinking here.^

I guess it would make sense to make mods for the current bows, being how the game works already.  (With your mentioning of Thunderbolt)

Scatter arrow: I thought about the ricochet thing and wondered how this would work.  If you miss your target or shoot near it without actually hitting the enemy, it can bounce off of solid surfaces and hit an enemy anyway.  A random enemy.  Splitting on impact and making it act like shrapnel sounds really good to me.

Spread bow: I never liked split chamber as a mod on any bow because the flight path of the arrows change into something I think is weaker or clumsy.  I stopped using it.  If this would have a wider spread, with a greater number od arrows, that would be nice, but the flight of the arrows would have to be better.  With split chamber, it seems the initial arrow flies well, bit the second arrow fall off or is in accurate.  Now I know that firing in a spread is not meant for accuracy, but they can fly straighter in their assigned directions equally.  Split chamber doesn't do that last time I checked.  If it can be done right, I think that would be awesome.  But yeah, there probably should be a rework for arrows and then have arrow mods.

Overdraw: being that the current bows have the ability to shoot through things and even send enemies flying to pin them to solid surfaces, I don't see how this would make things any better.  That is unless it increases the flight of the arrows and the significantly lengthens the time it take for the arrow to reach its destination.  In other words, like some kind of long range sniper type of shooting with bows, causing the arrows' flight path to arc wider than usual.

Noise maker arrow or sonic:  That sounds like what I was thinking.  It probably won't destroy the enemies, but will do some damage and hinder them for the duration of the visual effect.  But yeah, this sounds like a good idea.  Sounds like a support role.

Sonic bow/arrows is a cool idea and would fit Banshee thematically. It's something I've wanted for a while now.

A heavy crossbow or a single-shot xbow with a scope would also be pretty nifty.

As someone that plays a Ranger type class in every single game that allows that and a bow, I'm telling you we have enough bows, and the only people that don't think that, simply want one because they are bored, and being bored OR drunk when making design decisions is what gets you either fired or arrested.

As someone who plays Ranger types in most games, I feel like we need another bow.

And isn't being bored the reason why most people suggest weapons on this forum anyway?

A long Bow that's as tall as saryn would be pretty cool. Maybe it can be an elemental bow like a lot of people are suggesting.

Honestly sounds like a Yumi, those bows were at least 2 meters in height, and were apparently asymmetrical design compare to your standard bow.

Would want a Holmegaard bow.

Edited by Aeronomatic

Grineer's jet powered bow. The arrows are so damn fast it generated flames. So a no flight arrows.

Small impact damage (because it's a Grineer weapon) and huge fire damage.

Give it Cernos' critical chance but high status chance, because why not.

In some way they all shine in Stealth.

I don't get your point.Could you develop a little? :/

Yeah you're right, with them being silent and all.  I was thinking about temporary invisibility, sort of like what the shade sentinel does.  Aim and you become invisible or something like that.  I know, it sounds crazy.  It was just a thought.

Why cernos prime and not dragon cernos? It's a tenno research weapon!

Maybe give it a grapple line?

That is fine too.

Give it as an alternative to those who do not wish to fight the RnG grind with the Dread and Paris Prime.

But then again, DE better make sure its stats should be comparable.

In fact endgame bows are one of the few things that are actual side grades with each other.

PP offers more upfront DPS due to the faster draw and puncture being a solid damage type. But a very low chance to red crit.

Dread offers a more you feeling lucky punk weapon, it might be a little less DPS.  But if it scores that red crit (1 in 4 chance) or bleed proc, it hurts massively.

I personally don't want more bows until there are more snipers rifles since right now they are about the same amount not counting the missing snipetron for snipers or the not-quite-bows like the attica for bows. Its just I don't want bows to be considered the snipers in warframe while actual snipers just sit unused barely even considered viable weapons... I sound like one of those people who are like "no new content at all until stealth 2.0 is finsished!" lol no offense stealth lovers