Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think That Warframe Might Need A Rework...

Noxonion

So, we know that DE is making another game at the moment. I'm hoping for it to be Warframe 2, because really, the game doesn't really fit the original concept.

Watch one of the first trailers:

Yeah, that one. See how these Tenno are working together, how their abilities can't kill everyone all at once, that was meant to be Warframe.

Now, is a solution:

The OP frames need a huge rework. And there aren't that much of them: Nova, Mirage, Mag (to some extent). There may be more that I haven't mentioned, but you get the point.

The frames I see fitting the ninja-not-overkill-concept are Oberon (he fits the druid theme quite well without being too OP), Zephyr (a frame that requires actual skill to master), Vauban (same thing), Banshee, Excalibur and Loki (when you don't build him as a perma-invis frame).

Now here comes the plot twist.

If you have read this, you might think: "Well I can build Mirage without corrupted mods, and she won't be OP! Nox you're dumb, kill yourself pls."

The actual solution might be to rework the corrupted mods.

My suggestion is:

Allow only 1 or 2 corrupted mods placed at once.

Yes, this will drastically lower your OPness, dear player, but this is a right thing to do.

"But how can I get through T4?!", you might ask.

DE has to dig deeper to solve said difficulty curve problem, but I think that AI is more important than HP and armor. Make enemies smarter, not more tanky.

So I'll end this here.

TL;DR

DE needs to scale down the OPness by reworking corrupted mods (limiting them to 1-2 per build), and rework the scaling to be more focused on enemy AI rather than HP/Armor

As badass as that trailer was, you will NEVER see such teamwork on warframe. Remake or not. I personally like where Warframe is going. Really the only problem I have with the game, is that the enemies are all way too easy. I would like to see nodes with 70-100 enemies.

Also, feeling OP is awesome.

Edited by Zareek

warframes can work together, but it's very very very very...................very very very rare, since all of these rhinos, ashs, novas..etc are here, once I played a sechura mission with someone else, just the 2 of us, we stayed till 30 waves and that was probably the most fun I had in warframe, although both of us didn't really bring the "right" warframes for the job

so team work is still there, when times get really tough Tenno can only rely on each other (exclusing ash....he can rely on just pressing 4 :P) 

Edited by Kenshin98

Wow, someone understands that the game doesn't need more artificial difficulty, and that the solution doesn't include overkill abilities to deal with said artificial difficulty.  

You have my +1. 

That said, I don't think simply limiting the corrupted mods are going to solve anything. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Corrupted mods just bring TRADE-OFF to the game, so they are not the problem. As Closed Beta player i admire DE work, they did AWESOME job (really!)...

But at some point i must admit - hi lvl enemies mostly have higther stats, and no advance tactics (ok, Napalm hiding behind Energy leach Sheald not counts).

Edited by Sindrey

DE has to dig deeper to solve said difficulty curve problem, but I think that AI is more important than HP and armor. Make enemies smarter, not more tanky.

This has been the topic of many threads and there are issues with it.

1. AI is one of the hardest things to program and, with the randomness of the tilesets, makes this a very time taking task. It's the reason Kubrows took so long to be released and people agree that they still need work in pathing and targeting areas.

2. With the current system of causing the highest numbers as fast as possible to win, the AI can't easily show what it can do if it can't live. Now I do agree that warframes skills need a look over to be on scale with each other but corrupted mods aren't the problem because the weapons are a part of this equation and there's only two-four of the corrupted mods that are worth putting on.

I do see the point that some frames need a look over but you need to look at the larger scale. It's more than corrupted mods, it's the scale factor of enemies, weapons and warframes that can use a look over but I disagree with this point that the AI being improved will change these issues here.

This has been the topic of many threads and there are issues with it.

1. AI is one of the hardest things to program and, with the randomness of the tilesets, makes this a very time taking task. It's the reason Kubrows took so long to be released and people agree that they still need work in pathing and targeting areas.

2. With the current system of causing the highest numbers as fast as possible to win, the AI can't easily show what it can do if it can't live. Now I do agree that warframes skills need a look over to be on scale with each other but corrupted mods aren't the problem because the weapons are a part of this equation and there's only two-four of the corrupted mods that are worth putting on.

I do see the point that some frames need a look over but you need to look at the larger scale. It's more than corrupted mods, it's the scale factor of enemies, weapons and warframes that can use a look over but I disagree with this point that the AI being improved will change these issues here.

The corrupted mods are supposed to give you something, while taking away something. A lot of builds have 4+ corrupted mods to give extremely high damage, duration etc. without taking anything away. I think that's a solid problem.

While I do agree that AI is difficult to code, but aren't you getting tired of destroying endless meat bags that do absolutely nothing? Heck, even the accuracy buff made the Eximus squads challenging, thus fun.

In the even older diorama there is even a female excalibur (not Nyx) projecting a personal shield to deflect projectiles!

Unfortunately, those concepts and ideas have since evolved into what we have today. It's nice and all to have some concept in your own mind, but this is the direction the devs took. At no point was it ever the idea to make X ability not kill everything, because that was always the intent of damage-type ultimate abilities.

The corrupted mods are supposed to give you something, while taking away something. A lot of builds have 4+ corrupted mods to give extremely high damage, duration etc. without taking anything away. I think that's a solid problem.

While I do agree that AI is difficult to code, but aren't you getting tired of destroying endless meat bags that do absolutely nothing? Heck, even the accuracy buff made the Eximus squads challenging, thus fun.

that accuracy buff is a bug, unintended one that is goiing to be fixed and its a good thing because 100% accurate hit scan weapons are inot fun they are infuriating. WF is a horde game killing hundreds of baddies while parkouring all over the place, if you want a cover shooter this might not be the game for you. More power is always welcomed,all you nerf cryers want to ruin everything for everyone, just play something else eplease.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I can imagine a rebalancing but there is a lot of mods are garbage and some just simply op and needed to any build. My opinion is if you want more teamwork in game then they need redesign the whole mechanics in game and make smarter AI but the smarter AI means so many time to work. Also the modding system kill the variety because only the question in this system you put your rainbow mods or not. If you want harder gameplay then you put on the garbage mods and that's all.

Other major problem in this game the lack of communication and the repetitiveness. Many newbie leave the game before can reach anything and veterans always need new contents to feed them or they just leave also.

The game and the engine is not balanced and really poorly optimized and they still use the open beta for make shiny contents over performance. I am a great fan of new frames and I like their works and also the fan concepts but maybe now the time here to solve some old bug and mechanical issues.

Other and not less small problem that the devs doesn't know how to balance their game. It's okay that part we are testers but they haven't so strong ideas what they really want to do and some updates just give shiny contents with some changes and redose old ones.

For example they added corrupted mods which makes you powerful and they reduced the normal mods which was in the older system good "still good the old one" but they also added just garbage "resistance" mods and they just did so many wrong design choices which makes peoples so fury. 

I don't want judge also their xbox and ps4 project but that just slow down them to improve the game. They said so many times they aren't capable to do things now after the share solds they got a far enough money to hire workmates and they could spend more time to their game.

They have also now a secret project which comes from the deal maybe the new shareholders want something new with their well known pay to pay system and now the devs need to work it on too. 

A warframe 2 never will come because this game never will be other than open beta because of contents after contents "in says this will be a never ending story". Typical mmo strategy so the game can be saved by the critics and this will be finished when they feel they want to finish. This game is a good money source so this won't be ended. 

I can imagine a rebalancing but there is a lot of mods are garbage and some just simply op and needed to any build. My opinion is if you want more teamwork in game then they need redesign the whole mechanics in game and make smarter AI but the smarter AI means so many time to work. Also the modding system kill the variety because only the question in this system you put your rainbow mods or not. If you want harder gameplay then you put on the garbage mods and that's all.

Other major problem in this game the lack of communication and the repetitiveness. Many newbie leave the game before can reach anything and veterans always need new contents to feed them or they just leave also.

The game and the engine is not balanced and really poorly optimized and they still use the open beta for make shiny contents over performance. I am a great fan of new frames and I like their works and also the fan concepts but maybe now the time here to solve some old bug and mechanical issues.

Other and not less small problem that the devs doesn't know how to balance their game. It's okay that part we are testers but they haven't so strong ideas what they really want to do and some updates just give shiny contents with some changes and redose old ones.

For example they added corrupted mods which makes you powerful and they reduced the normal mods which was in the older system good "still good the old one" but they also added just garbage "resistance" mods and they just did so many wrong design choices which makes peoples so fury. 

I don't want judge also their xbox and ps4 project but that just slow down them to improve the game. They said so many times they aren't capable to do things now after the share solds they got a far enough money to hire workmates and they could spend more time to their game.

They have also now a secret project which comes from the deal maybe the new shareholders want something new with their well known pay to pay system and now the devs need to work it on too. 

A warframe 2 never will come because this game never will be other than open beta because of contents after contents "in says this will be a never ending story". Typical mmo strategy so the game can be saved by the critics and this will be finished when they feel they want to finish. This game is a good money source so this won't be ended. 

When you put it like this I feel really sad now. I feel like Warframe doesn't have any chance to become better than it is, and the status of this game is slowly degrading.

I think it's time to move on from the game to the Forums, because the community is nice after all.

Dont forget we got solo players. 

I'm a solo player, but this isn't an excuse. Warframe is a Coop shooter.

Not all corrupted mods are the problem.

One could say, Fleeting Expertise is. It's the only mods that makes ultimates spammable like first abilities.

But I'm not sure whether its deletion or alteration automatically would make the game better.

At this point Deletion=Alteration. A few months later it will be Deletion>Alteration.

DE must take action.

Not all corrupted mods are the problem.

One could say, Fleeting Expertise is. It's the only mods that makes ultimates spammable like first abilities.

But I'm not sure whether its deletion or alteration automatically would make the game better.

Energy restores.

And people did survive without Fleeting Expertise a long time ago.

But without FE, power strength builds are essentially worthless, effectively killing Frames like Mag (Shield P), Banshee (sonar), Mirage (eclipse HOM), Frost (globe) Ember (accelerant). Just to name a few.

This is a double edged sword.

Edited by fatpig84

This game have potential to become much better but then they need to change their opinion and design conception. Some design in this game poorly added like weapons, frames, mods. Weapons with rank and the mastery rank still no have so much advantage only trading, reach weapons and some excavator. Some prime weapon or harder weapon no need a high mastery rank and some unbalanced "craaaaap" needs a high level. Some mods need stats and also the frame armor-resilient way need a visit. The engine is what have now but I think that for this game would be better a stronger engine which capable to handle more particles, less ragdoll and don't fall or stuck in the map. 

The Ai can also be improve but that a lot of time and still they need make work groups what they want. Now they need to do this on 3 side + 1 project which need for the shareholders because of their money.

I suggest the best fan artist and indie coders add to a team under work their control. Speed up the project and then they can add more polished contents like they do sometimes.

Yeah, that one. See how these Tenno are working together, how their abilities can't kill everyone all at once

M8, Excal killed Kryll with a simple slash-dash there. The rest were just stalling him. And what was that blade in his hands, Skana? He killed the hardest boss with Skana. Even toppest of squads won't pull it this fast in actual game.

If we actually need anything from this trailer it's "work together and press buttons to become OP" instead of current "Forma your weapon 5 times to become OP"

Edited by Ska-boo