The Legend Of John Prodman

DE_Adam

NhUbjq3.png

I say old chap! I may have encountered this 'Mr. Prodman' on one of my jolly hunting trips with the O.P.T.I.C.O.R. (Original Perfectly Tactical Institute of Corpus Outdoor Recreations) fellows the other day.

We were en route to track the ever elusive Phorid, you see, and our troupe of trained hunting Hyenas just so happened to break down. A jolly issue, as one knows! So to pass the time I left the caravan and began scouting the wildlife, walking gleefully amongst the Infested under the protective shroud of my Void walk, when what should I stumble across? None other than a particularly large and impressive Corpus warrior wielding a simple Prova fending off two Infested ancients almost entirely on his own!

Of course, being the right gent that I am, I popped into the 'peasante' dimension, preparing to assist that strapping fellow...I mean, it would have been a trivial show of decorum really, but as I approached, the lunatic held up his hand to halt me and continued battering away at the two beasts with reckless abandon!

I stood back and watched as one of our malfunctioning Moahs ran up and attempted to attack the ancients, distracting them momentarily but ultimately falling as the Disruptor sapped its shields and tore into its frail, budget-built mainframe like a toddler with a shopping list. The crewman, engulfed in a blazing aura of masculine energy, continued his rousing display of heroism. Without any intervention from myself, he proceeded to batter both monstrosities down, inflicting vicious slash damage to bleed them dry, in spite of the healer's pulses. The Disruptor fell first, and the healer was soon to follow...and yet the fellow stood tall, my life force sensors telling me that he still had more than a quarter of his stamina intact!

I rose from my seat and spat out my coffee. "Good sir! Just who are you?" was my immediate question, perhaps a little brusque in hindsight. He turned and regarded me with a look, and I swear through that unfashionable boxhead helmet, I could see stern tears in his eyes, and an expression solid as the facade of a cliff face. "GETTA DE PUCHII" he said, or something along those lines, I don't bloody understand a thing the Corpus say anyway, but it was deeply moving nonetheless. He marched off down the hallway, leaving my mutated Tenno heart inspired and softened. Perhaps there is more we can learn from the Corpus than we may realize.

Well, with that said, onwards! We have a Phorid to slay, and then tea and crumpets with Alad V. He better not have bought the cheap brands this time.

NhUbjq3.png I say old chap! I may have encountered this 'Mr. Prodman' on one of my jolly hunting trips with the O.P.T.I.C.O.R. (Original Perfectly Tactical Institute of Corpus Outdoor Recreations) fellows the other day. We were en route to track the ever elusive Phorid, you see, and our troupe of trained hunting Hyenas just so happened to break down. A jolly issue, as one knows! So to pass the time I left the caravan and began scouting the wildlife, walking gleefully amongst the Infested under the protective shroud of my Void walk, when what should I stumble across? None other than a particularly large and impressive Corpus warrior wielding a simple Prova fending off two Infested ancients almost entirely on his own! Of course, being the right gent that I am, I popped into the 'peasante' dimension, preparing to assist that strapping fellow...I mean, it would have been a trivial show of decorum really, but as I approached, the lunatic held up his hand to halt me and continued battering away at the two beasts with reckless abandon! I stood back and watched as one of our malfunctioning Moahs ran up and attempted to attack the ancients, distracting them momentarily but ultimately falling as the Disruptor sapped its shields and tore into its frail, budget-built mainframe like a toddler with a shopping list. The crewman, engulfed in a blazing aura of masculine energy, continued his rousing display of heroism. Without any intervention from myself, he proceeded to batter both monstrosities down, inflicting vicious slash damage to bleed them dry, in spite of the healer's pulses. The Disruptor fell first, and the healer was soon to follow...and yet the fellow stood tall, my life force sensors telling me that he still had more than a quarter of his stamina intact! I rose from my seat and spat out my coffee. "Good sir! Just who are you?" was my immediate question, perhaps a little brusque in hindsight. He turned and regarded me with a look, and I swear through that unfashionable boxhead helmet, I could see stern tears in his eyes, and an expression solid as the facade of a cliff face. "GETTA DE PUCHII" he said, or something along those lines, I don't bloody understand a thing the Corpus say anyway, but it was deeply moving nonetheless. He marched off down the hallway, leaving my mutated Tenno heart inspired and softened. Perhaps there is more we can learn from the Corpus than we may realize. Well, with that said, onwards! We have a Phorid to slay, and then tea and crumpets with Alad V. He better not have bought the cheap brands this time.

The only thing that could have possibly made this better...was a close up and a screenshot of you standing next to him with a mustache on.

A short ballad inspired by this remarkable fellow:

There is a Corpus legend told
On Gaia, Dione, Heiracon;
Of valiant warrior, swift and bold;
His name to us mere mortals: John.

It is his prod, the legend says
The Stalker fears above all else.
Leekter's crushing blows it stays;
Sargas Ruk's armour it melts.

His eye, unflinching, watches all
For mortal souls in dire need;
To save us from unrighteous fall
Fearless, God-like, in word & deed.

Take heed, keep watch, for he keeps host
On Gaia, Dione, Heiracon;
Appearing when we need him most
The legend of the prodman: John.
Edited by Dualice

Okay! 1st comes the evidence (Screenshot)

2dratlg.jpg

Saw this guy going toe to toe while doing phroid runs today on solo.

I have some questions concerning this.

Q1. Is "John Prodman" a name given to this guy by fans/players?

Q2. Is this guy "John Prodman"?

He was the only prod crewman in the map and spawned just before phroid spawned.... soooo! Rest of the explanations are up to you experts...

2dratlg.jpg

He was the only prod crewman in the map and spawned just before phroid spawned.... soooo! Rest of the explanations are up to you experts...

Definitely John Prodman. *thumbs up* Good catch.

Edited by Dexaldem

2dratlg.jpg

Q1 did he survive?

I hope DE put john prodman in as a easter egg, who could appear in missions by a tiny percent possiblity and would be as powerful as a boss. That would be hilarious. Have him like the G3 where the lotus tells you to run to extraction.

Or even better, instead of running away from him, Lotus wants you to get an autograph from him.