The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing: Won't Survive As A Seperate Game Mode

Brimir

I'm already grown tired of trying to "advance in Archwing" i.e farm all the necessary mods for the weapons and stuff when I realized that what was it all for?

Moar Archwing'ing!

It is just a fun distraction that to me doesn't stand on it's own merit well enough to survive as a seperate game mode. It needs to be integrated into the main Warframe mode much in the same way the Archwing tutorial did in order to stay relevant. Something simple like:

Start on Grineer ship > Corpus blows up Grineer ship > Archwing'ing it to Corpus ship > Finish mission

Would go a long way to make it worth for your average Warframe player to actually invest in Archwing. As it stands now, most players will go back to the "main mode" once the Balor Formorian event ends and we no longer have no reason (other than "moar Archwing'ing) to play Archwing.

There is a reason, why some people do not like and play archwing. They simply do not like it. So, please no multi-stage missions. One can avoid archwing now and play what one would like.

The last thing I want is to play this 3rd grade shoot'em up from the 80s just to make my objective. Keep them separate please.

Edited by MichaelSD

I could see archwing segments being integrated into invasions, or composite missions given their own infestation outbreak/invasion style alerts.

As of now, I'm not playing much archwing because the only thing it's good for is more archwing content, and I'm not crazy about it (or at least I like it less than regular warframe content).

Edited by ArbitUHM

But as a separate mode it essentially add nothing to Warframe as a whole and we might as well not have a "3rd grade shoot'em up from the 80s" in the first place.

And thats what many veterans said when they announced archwing.

I love minimalistic mechanics of archwing, but if they were implemented in main game it would be way better than making separate missions.

I love how many people think they know which game mode is going to survive, which warframe everyone is going to hate, and whether or not Warframe will survive on the latest update

Prove me wrong is all I am saying.

Prove me wrong, folks.

Just think about what is going to happen when people finally figure out how to blast through Uranus (giggle) - there is nowhere else for Archwing to go. There are no more Archwing mods to be farmed. It will grind to a halt, and people will return to regular Warframe'ing.

Edited by Brimir

Archwing is what the original gameplay of Warframe was a year ago: A foundation for what we have now. Don't dismiss it, give it time to become as fleshed out as the base game is.

But thats problem, it will always be disconnected and it will always eat resources that could go to main game.

Either you prefer it over ground compact or you hate it.

Also my worst fear is that it is foundation.

I really loved concept from 2 years ago when i was starting, now i hate direction which game has took and archwing while having again strong foundation might be just as bad 2 years from now.

The only problem with random archwing segments in missions, is that not everyone has/wants an Archwing. So making archwings random events in missions wouldn't work.

Exactly and as i am focusing on endgame gameplay i have to say that i would never find a good working compromise between my allround warframe build and archwing build (because of the limits set to only some mod categories affecting the archwing like health, armor, shield and so on) so multi stage missions are excluded by me and several other players i think before they are even released

Prove me wrong, folks.

Just think about what is going to happen when people finally figure out how to blast through Uranus (giggle) - there is nowhere else for Archwing to go. There are no more Archwing mods to be farmed. It will grind to a halt, and people will return to regular Warframe'ing.

i've been playing for a year and four months: this^

I love how many people think they know which game mode is going to survive, which warframe everyone is going to hate, and whether or not Warframe will survive on the latest update

i know i'm not adding anything helpful here, but watch region enough and talk to enough people and yes, you can get a general idea how an idea can/will be percieved. no, it won't be crystal clear precise, but you'll get a pretty damned good idea.

I really loved concept from 2 years ago when i was starting, now i hate direction which game has took and archwing while having again strong foundation might be just as bad 2 years from now.

And there are some people who feel the exact opposite. So?

I agree with both points of view. Having missions that have both "regular" and Archwing content put together would be great, but for people who don't have one/want to play Archwing, this would suck. So yeah, might be an impasse...^^'

I'm not sure how it would suck for players that don't want an Archwing. You can't really complain about not getting a mission with archwing integrated into it when you are actively choosing not to own one. Chances are the mission wouldn't jive well with you anyways since you don't like Archwing's gameplay. The only way I could see this as a problem is if they neglect to add/improve regular missions and focus on Archwing exclusively.

This brings up a really interesting issue, archwing is entirely optional, you can just not do the quest. Furthermore archwing has its own set of mods and its own XP system. But the system has a problem, you need to possess an archwing to complete a planet. If multi stage missions will be a thing this assumes a player has an archwing but it is again optional and because the archwing doesnt grow with the player as time goes on you can end up being put into a position of needing to grind a new system to get mods to improve a piece of equipment which is intended to be separate from the main game... to get access to missions and options that used to be available to you via the main game(extractors).

It cant be both ways with this. The result is that people who dont like archwing (or see it as a flawed and ultimately shallow feature which despite being developed for so long lacks depth indicative of time and thought being put into it) end up having to use their unranked gear with no mods which are not enjoyable to grind because of the lack of mission diversity for a feature they dont enjoy to play a mission they need to complete a planet.

The last thing I want is to play this 3rd grade shoot'em up from the 80s just to make my objective. Keep them separate please.

someone was certainly not born in the 80s...

personal opinion: pro integration to regular gameplay but maybe only on specialized stuff like certain kinds of invasion, so the haters wont "have" to play it.

i like archwing, wasn't hyped the least before u15 then pleasantly surprised actually. of course it's fresh and there's still much room for improvement but the potential's definitely there imo.

Prove me wrong, folks.

This is such a cynical view on this gamemode. Have you not even considered the possibility of how this game mode will go?

No, you just see the very small things and then say "Oh it won't survive because there will be no-where for it to go"

Personally, I like the Archwing missions but I feel they are a huge disconnect from the game's core which is our Warframes. I've said this before, and will say it again. Archwing needs to be more than Warframe's Gundam Wing mode. It has no connections to our Warframes other than our stat pools like health, energy, etc. When we play Warframe we all choose our favorite Frames because of their unique abilities that they bring to the table. In Archwing mode we can't even use those abilities at all in any way, shape, or form. When I play Archwing missions I basically choose my Warframe in two ways... a) Which Warframe do I not mind losing revives on... and b) Which Warframe is the most durable stat-wise. This is not a fun way to choose which Frames we want to play in Archwing modes.

Each Warframe should be able to bring their unique abilities to the Archwing missions. Even if they are not the same abilities as we use in normal missions. For instance, Frost could maybe toss ice spears at enemies in space. Hydroid could maybe summon water in the form of a shark that would seek out and attempt to eat the nearest enemy. Loki should be able to use invibility and create decoys in space. Rhino should still be able to use iron skin, and should be able to blast through enemies with a charge attack. This would bring a ton more variety into the Archwing missions and would also give players new Archwing abilities tailored for their favorite Warframes. Right now, Archwing abilities are one-size-fits-all because they are tied to the particular wings you are using and not you Frame.

I also think Hybrid missions are awesome. I loved the first Archwing mission where you have to escape from the ship. It had a very awesome cinematic feeling to it that most games don't have in multiplayer COOP. I don't think it would be a good idea to force Archwing missions down people's throats though by making mandatory planet missions that force you to choose a Warframe for on a ship for part of the mission and then in space for the rest. This would cause people to lose a lot of revives which would not be fun at all because right now the stat and skill requirements for normal missions and Archwing missions are completely different. You can't really choose your favorite Warframe for a normal mode mission and then expect it to do just as well in Archwing mode. What they should do instead is to inject more "normal mode" into the Archwing missions, and not inject Archwing missions into our current normal mode missions. This way you can still choose whether you want to run Archwing missions or not, but when you do run Archwing missions there will still feel like there was a connection to the original game.

Honestly I was really looking forward to random points in any given mission where I would be forced out into space because of some ship failure, like the very first mission in the archwing quest, but random.

I would wind up aborting missions then at that point. We already have enough random events happening in missions. Between getting attacked by Syndicates almost every round, Stalker, and Zanuka, and everything else that randomly shows up to kill me I would rather not be forced into Archwing mode unprepaired just to wind up losing all my revives or a good mission reward. Would rather keep Archwing missions as a choice.

Edited by s7n7a7k7e