Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Joke?

BierWurstGER

Soma Prime with only 12 Total Damage ..?

Soma > Soma Prime

{

Impact: 1.0 > 1.2

Puncture: 4.0 > 4.8

Slash: 5.0 > 6.0

Fire Rate: 15 > 15

Crit. Chance: 30.0% > 30.0%

Crit. Multi.: 3.0x > 3.0x

Magazine: 100 > 200

Capacity: 540 > 800

Reload: 3.0 > 3.0

}

what do you think, is this enough for a prime weapon? 

edit: Reload: 3.0 to 2.0 edit to 3.0 

I would rather have had 10 more critical chance than 20% more base damage. I've looked at the math, and 40 crit is 25% more damage than 30 crit once you throw it through all the mods. Even if you do both, that's a 50% increase in dps.

I would rather have had 10 more critical chance than 20% more base damage. I've looked at the math, and 40 crit is 25% more damage than 30 crit once you throw it through all the mods. Even if you do both, that's a 50% increase in dps.

so u r basically asking for more dps or u want it be more OP. nah, we had boltor prime problem already.

but now I'm forced to deal with comboing fire before I can pick up a second basic or advanced element.  

u wot, if you add two element mods to a gun it uses them instead of the base.

http://i.imgur.com/YTGuq32.png proof.

If you add a third mod, whichever's closest to bottom right would combo with it, but with only two it stays separate.

You're right that you couldn't have another basic element though, you'd never be able to have a basic element on it for that matter, besides from fire.

Perhaps you only feel that way because 

A: you're not fantastic with numbers. 

B: You're expecting t5

Seriously. The soma Kills everything really fast. The Soma prime kills everything 20% faster, and you don't need to reload as much. You're already on the edge of the cliff of OP, going further would be bad. a 5% extra crit chance is nothing compared to that extra 2 damage. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Is everyone seriously upset that the best LMG in the game isn't the BESTEST LMG in the game?

The Soma was already the best non-prime rifle in the game and rivaled the Boltor Prime in effectiveness in skilled hands. I'm pretty happy with Soma Prime if only because of its increased ammo pool, it now has a definitive reason to use it over the BP: longevity.

Tried a full damage build at Warframe Buider.

Normal Soma would have a damage of around 1,500.

Soma Prime with 2 more damage would have around 1,800 damage.

That is of course if you count crit values by chance. If both bullets crit, the damages of both would be higher.

To give a perspective, Boltor Prime deals around 2,000 damage with a full damage build.

I'm confused by this thread, because, when rumors of a Soma Prime started, people were crying to high heaven about power creep, and now that the real thing has come out and it's a nice buff to an already powerful weapon, people are crying to high heaven that it's not power creeped enough?

People on these forums confuse me so much all the time.

I'm confused by this thread, because, when rumors of a Soma Prime started, people were crying to high heaven about power creep, and now that the real thing has come out and it's a nice buff to an already powerful weapon, people are crying to high heaven that it's not power creeped enough?

People on these forums confuse me so much all the time.

Those people crying where the masses of... well, you know....

Here is what I have to say towards everyone. Do the arithmetic and understand what is going on.