Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Not Nerf Viver

KaptainK3nny

Well if they reduce the reputation cost of all what the fraction has - than we can talk about nerf of any rep farming points. I mean seriously to farm along 25k reputation to get a single mod(provided you already invested tonns to unlock the reputation level) takes a huge amount of time.I'm dead serious.

I mean to unlock all the stuff from all of 6 coalitions I have to play over 2 years non-stop (avoiding farm just doing "fair missions").

Of course you can always buy all that mods from platinum. But I'm rather stick with farming.Viver type unless cost demands are considered.

I see your point, but I don't think Syndicates are 'endgame'.

I see more Syndicates as something which would accompany a player during his gaming life here on Warframe. Some of the latter offerings are, obviously, high end ones but generally you could do the first ranks while doing your early times in the game.

Doing the early Syndicate missions is a good way to get extra experience on low levels frames too.

But while this may be fun for newcoming players, you should understand that Veterans that are around since the beginning could find all these menial task boring and would just look for the top tier rewards. 

Had this happened months ago, I would have looked upon the weapons mods. Now, my choosen syndicate mod would make my main weapon only *slighty* better than my actual Dragon Nikana.

To me it's not endgame, it's just a pass-time with no real goal to achieve. To others is probably just a quick plat cow to milk as soon as possible before the other players will become able to grind their own mods.

I agree with that. Having hit MR 18 a day after U15 dropped, i didnt really have much to do. this rep grind was surprisingly entertaining enough (because of the 10k rep/wave runs we were doing and seeing people just watch in disbelief) which is why ive been grinding it hardcore. I mean i've already milked the plat (made 3k plat off mod sales so far), and im just stockpiling the rep for any future additions if they come in for the sake of testing/selling again. 

I agree with that. Having hit MR 18 a day after U15 dropped, i didnt really have much to do. this rep grind was surprisingly entertaining enough (because of the 10k rep/wave runs we were doing and seeing people just watch in disbelief) which is why ive been grinding it hardcore. I mean i've already milked the plat (made 3k plat off mod sales so far), and im just stockpiling the rep for any future additions if they come in for the sake of testing/selling again. 

You know?

One of my issues with DE nerfing the mission is just that.. People which had already milked the system, will be at advantage compared to people who came in not soon enough to do so. 

+1 Anti Vote: Nerf Viver 

Max rank in 1 hour is ridiculous. What will happen to the carrot chasing audience if we just give them carrots? 

Max rank in 1 hour is ridiculous and also impossible currently so this hypothetical situation shouldn't be a reason to nerf it.

Viver is only so good because it is a higher level mission and its corpus in a small map. corpus are pushovers. especially mixing in Mag. 

the only way that Viver is over powered is when you have a trinity, limbo, nova and mag. and then all of them have to be hard core min-maxed.

Nova has to be built for Ultra power STR which makes it hard to keep MP up.

Mag has to be built for Ultra Power Range, which makes her ult pretty ineffective because she has less power STR and SP only will regen 77% of shields.

Trinity has to be built for max power Min duration to get as many EVs cast as possible.

Limbo has to be built for Max Power STR and Duration which makes it hard to use banish on anything other than someone riding on your back.

you have to have perfect builds or this doesnt even work. 

its like baking the best cake of your life......and then the person just eats it in less than 5 minutes with no satisfaction...just ate it to eat it....and u put all that hard work in.........

but then again..you bake a cake knowing once you hand it off to the consumer..its nothing you can do after that........ok rant over before we start putting hotfixes on delicious cake 

Cake Prime nerf imminent.

Imo a good way to nerf viver and to help balancing the whole game at the same time is putting cooldowns to warframe abilities. That should've been done ages ago but people don't want to stop being overpowered compared to any enemy we ever get.

I'm MR 14 and don't even know what planet Viver is on. But everyone is flipping out about it. I vote nerf - from a neutral POV - because we should have balance.

Afterall, that is what our mission is as Tenno.

You don't know what planet Viver is and you claim to have a POV, not even considering about the neutral part?

Alrighty, now explain me how you can have a Point of View, without even having experienced the thing first hand...

Imo a good way to nerf viver and to help balancing the whole game at the same time is putting cooldowns to warframe abilities. That should've been done ages ago but people don't want to stop being overpowered compared to any enemy we ever get.

Then it slows downs the game.

Every game will be waiting for a 1 minute cool down. That is how MOBA big team fights are setup.

How do you like that ? Well no.

Also, power strength builds have an inherent cool down timer.  Because  65 energy is expensive for frames with only 150 energy. So power strength users in normal play, don't really spam their abilities all the time.

The reason why power spam in Viver is kept up is because of frames that can boost energy, like Trinity with EV or Limbo with his Cataclysm / Banish. And EV has enough range with stretch, overextended if hyper specialized. Or simply a boat load of energy restores.

And the small size of Viver allows the damaging frame's AOE to cover it sufficiently with stretch and overextended.

Simply use TF + BR to compensate for the damage loss, no biggie.

If Viver became as large as Cerberus, you won't see that much power spam, if any at all !

Edited by fatpig84

Every game will be waiting for a 1 minute cool down. That is how MOBA big team fights are setup.

Also, power strength builds have an inherent cool down timer.  Because  65 energy is expensive for frames with only 150 energy. So power strength users in normal play, don't really spam their abilities all the time.

The reason why power spam in Viver is kept up is because of frames that can boost energy, like Trinity with EV or Limbo with his Cataclysm / Banish. And EV has enough range with stretch, overextended if hyper specialized. Or simply a boat load of energy restores.

And the small size of Viver allows the damaging frame's AOE to cover it sufficiently with stretch and overextended.

Simply use TF + BR to compensate for the damage loss, no biggie.

If Viver became as large as Cerberus, you won't see that much power spam, if any at all !

Did I ask for 1 minute cooldowns?

The game is already slow as hell during ability spamming. Just because enemies are dying fast all around the place doesn't mean the game is fast paced.

And any build that wants to spam outside of having infinite energy have 25 cost fourth abilities.

I also know exactly how Viver farm works but thanks for the info.

You just pulled a false dichotomy argument. He never said he wanted a 1 minute cool down. You might as well said 1 hour cool down. How about 3 hours? 5 days?

Having  a cool down doesn't mean that it has to be a long cool down. You know that it's possible to have something less than a minute, right?

Did I ask for 1 minute cooldowns?

The game is already slow as hell during ability spamming. Just because enemies are dying fast all around the place doesn't mean the game is fast paced.

And any build that wants to spam outside of having infinite energy have 25 cost fourth abilities.

I also know exactly how Viver farm works but thanks for the info.

Just suggest changing it into Corpus outdoor.

Then poof there it goes.

Edited by fatpig84

Viver is not the problem (though there are some strange stuff happening there). 

The problem is how syndicates are tied to affinity. DE should take a second look at this mechanic, maybe dissociating rep gains from xp altogether. 

New Vivers are going to pop up sooner or later.

Of course this edge will be taken away from the players. It makes the game shorter. DE wants more reasons for players to buy platinum and drawing out the game ensures that the less-patient players will do just that.

+1 vote...don't nerf Viver however

Mr. Acos is correct. What truly keeps players playing/paying if there is no grind?

How about a game that is intrinsically fun to play regardless of its grindwalls or lack thereof?

> VERY Relevent to this conversation:

Edited by Altrunchen

The issue isn't with Viver exclusively. Every endless mode (primarily Defense) have ALWAYS been excessively dominant when it comes to farming almost ANYTHING in this game.

And when you start to realize how absurd it is going from 15 waves on a defense and watch your ranks soar when 15 missions on that same planet of other modes won't get you half of what a single defense did (as well as taking several times longer to do then the defense) then you begin not wanting to run other mission types because it is simply not worth the time.

This is a long overdue issue with the game that DE has still yet to properly address, if anything, they've made it worse.

All endless modes need to be tuned  back, hard. Along with every other mode being improved in terms of affinity and mission rewards.

Defense, Interception, and Survival can all still serve their purposes without being this excessive.

What about odd it's the same thing except one is harder which is viverr

You're missing the point. The rewards given by Viver are VASTLY disproportionate to anything else in the game.

Mechanically it's similar to Infested defense where you press 4 to win all day, but those defenses don't even come close to the efficiency of Viver.

Also, I would say the design of the Infested is inherently flawed (as is corpus) if ONE frame can null the whole faction. Viver wouldn't be quite as easy if it were Grineer, would it?

+1 Anti Vote: Nerf Viver 

Max rank in 1 hour is ridiculous. What will happen to the carrot chasing audience if we just give them carrots? 

How is it ridiculous? I could have easily done that before on Sechura. Infact, I double forma'd my Soma in an hour and a half on Sechura once.

Exploit in game terms tends to mean taking advantage of an oversight in the way the game works in order to gain an edge.

Stuff like standing in an area that the enemies cannot get to and raining down death from above.

Viver powerfarm is simply playing in the most efficient manner.

Exploits are like cheating on your tax, whereas Viver is more like working hard, doing your job well, and getting a paY rise

Exploit is using a weakness a in system to win something you couldnt win otherise by playing in intencional way that can get edge with such weakness, it doesnt get you banned but it is  legal way to "cheat" you way by using a badly implemented difficulty that was unable to predict how easy is to lockdown that tileset.

It was more constructive that people actually give ideas to make Syndicate rankind a interestind thing to do instead of the grind fest it is now, sure that Viver can be bandai to also badly implemented system, but if we start to make "badly" was common thing in warframe, when is the right time to do it proprelly?