The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back After A Very Long Time

Dunkelheit

Question

I stopped playing before Update 12 iirc. And I was simply overwhelmed by the game. There is so much to do and so many things changed, I need at least a week to catch up I guess.

Some things that came to my mind:

- The difficulty... I just soloed a Grineer mission on Pallas, Ceres, lvl 31-33 and the mobs ate me sometimes in seconds. Granted, I had the key from Orokin still attached that brought my health down to 135 from 600, but I was still surprised how fast my shield went down (I think it is 900) from the guy with the rockets. After my Nova got destroyed, I took Rhino and it was a bit better, but still surprisingly hard. Well, ok, the 135 health might have made it a lot harder, so if you are looking for a challenge you know where to find it ;). Is grouping required now in some levels? Or have I done something majorly wrong?

- the new level artwork is brilliant, the game is so much more beautiful, well done

- the new dmg concept is very complex... You need a loadout not only for the faction you are fighting, but there are huge differences inside the faction, too. I think DE went a little overboard, but I need to get my head into it first before I can judge on this.

Well, this was the first day after a very long time.

Do you guys have some hints for me? Like for example, where can I read up all the changes in one spot?

Is there some kind of standard weapon/loadout that I can take to every fight? Because changing my loadout for every enemy seems a bit tedious.

What are the strongest weapons now?

Is auto-equipping weapons useful? Or is it better done manually?

What rank is a high rank now?

Thanks in advance.. it is good to be back, but I don't know for how long this game will keep me from leaving again.

19 answers to this question

Ya lvl 30-40 is the new 60-80 now so to speak.

As for good weapons, soma, opticor, latron prime, boltor prime.

As for loadouts depends on the weapon, if it's a high crit weapon then you want crit mods, but if it's low crit/high damage then you definitely want elemental mods. Base damage mods are a must for everything, status chance if the weapon has decent status chance...

There is no definite weapon set. Only how you decide to use your powers and mods.

Strongest weapon is the weapon you mod right.

Modding. Auto mod the weapon to get Serration and split chamber on it fast. Then proceed to change the build.

You can solo 30 and above. Its hard but possible. Eats ammo though.

You can't read all the changes in one spot, and you can't read them in one sitting either.

Unless you are going into long survival mission or defense, elemental combinations don't really matter, just make sure to have lots of big numbers.

Penta / Boltor Prime / Hek / Paris Prime

Brakk / Marelok

Scindo Prime / Dakra Prime / Serro

Don't ever auto equip anything.

MR18

Edited by Hakitojin

I stopped playing before Update 12 iirc. And I was simply overwhelmed by the game. There is so much to do and so many things changed, I need at least a week to catch up I guess.

Some things that came to my mind:

- The difficulty... I just soloed a Grineer mission on Pallas, Ceres, lvl 31-33 and the mobs ate me sometimes in seconds. Granted, I had the key from Orokin still attached that brought my health down to 135 from 600, but I was still surprised how fast my shield went down (I think it is 900) from the guy with the rockets. After my Nova got destroyed, I took Rhino and it was a bit better, but still surprisingly hard. Well, ok, the 135 health might have made it a lot harder, so if you are looking for a challenge you know where to find it ;). Is grouping required now in some levels? Or have I done something majorly wrong?

- the new level artwork is brilliant, the game is so much more beautiful, well done

- the new dmg concept is very complex... You need a loadout not only for the faction you are fighting, but there are huge differences inside the faction, too. I think DE went a little overboard, but I need to get my head into it first before I can judge on this.

Well, this was the first day after a very long time.

Do you guys have some hints for me? Like for example, where can I read up all the changes in one spot?

Is there some kind of standard weapon/loadout that I can take to every fight? Because changing my loadout for every enemy seems a bit tedious.

What are the strongest weapons now?

Is auto-equipping weapons useful? Or is it better done manually?

What rank is a high rank now?

Thanks in advance.. it is good to be back, but I don't know for how long this game will keep me from leaving again.

I think that every mission is possible solo, an OP loadout may work on something , it is better to equip manually, auto just gives highest possible conclave. Phage and bolter prime probably strongest gun, mr15+ would be considered high, although max is 18. You can look at the patch notes for changes.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/

Edited by (PS4)RyanRFC12345

Strongest weapon is the weapon you mod right.

That's not entirely true, to say that would assume all weapons are on equal terms, which they are most definitely not, some weapons have clear better numbers than others... example prime vs non prime weapons. Different weapons are good at different things though that's for sure.

You're really wanting him to suffer aren't you.

It actually isn't bad in theory. 50% status of Corrosive base is actually pretty good, but it fails because it doesn't have the mechanics to back it up. If it were full auto I think it would be a lot better. Hell, even burst fire would probably be a suitable buff for it. 

despite what people tell you the strongest item in the game is the one you mod right. i currently run with my braton vandel, dex furis, and duel ethers for most of my runs because i like them and because i modded them to my liking so im able to hold my own. just go with what you like and mod it right

EDIT: if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me on the forums, i'll be happy to help :)

Edited by thecool1232

Damage 2.0 is not complicated at all, as far as what to shoot with what element. The only quirk is that Corpus bosses have alloy armor listed on the Grineer table (yellow HP = armored). Here's a quick refference chart with tabs. Proc damage is wonky and complicated, but only matters for a few weapons and only if you're interested.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Back in the day, we were tough and enemies were bullet sponges. The devs made a call (a very good call, IMHO) that it should be the opposite. Enemies deal lots of damage and so do we so fights are faster and more dangerous. Of course, you can take a tanked out frame to a mid level mission and do okay, but the issue then becomes sustain. Slash procs and toxic damage/procs still go through shields, so it's possible your low health frame was being killed by bleed effects from the guns of standard Grineer.

I am Rank17 and I believe that's about cap because I have most everything mastered. With Archwing stuff I haven't done yet and past event items that I missed, 18 may be possible. I haven't really looked into it. Looking around in random groups, 10+ is what I'd call high these days. Lots of Rank 0-6's around lately, which is encouraging in many ways. I don't think anything requires rank 10+ to equip, though you do get some incentives for rank like deploying harvesters on planets and loadout slots.

Edited by VKhaun

You can go SOLO in every mission if you want, you only need the correct build and the correct Warframe to the mission.

Best Primary: Soma / Boltor Prime

Secundary : Brakk / Marelok

Melee : Scindo Prime / Nikana Dragon (with Melee 2.0 any melee weapon is a good choice)

You must know about the new mods, after U12, new builds, etc in you tube for example.

It actually isn't bad in theory. 50% status of Corrosive base is actually pretty good, but it fails because it doesn't have the mechanics to back it up. If it were full auto I think it would be a lot better. Hell, even burst fire would probably be a suitable buff for it. 

But we also have weapons such as the Marelok that can reach 100% status chance, but the Marelok also has the damage behind it.