Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Tech?

Deidaku

Well we got clantech.

So why not syndicate tech?

Only difference some weapons concerent by the augments could be part of the syndicate weapon roster

like the plasma/jaw/dark swords, the hek ,You would be able to buy the blueprints from the syndicate "shops" in the hubs ( PSO inspiration again) , when you reach a certain ran within the said syndicate.

It would b for weapons from the vault ( like machete snipetron in the future maybe , gorgon , Boar ) , and alert only weapons like the longswords and ceramic dagger.

What do you guys think?

IF Syndicates gain exclusive weapons, they MUST be either tradable or obtainable in other ways, so that everyone can get everything without having to swap Syndicates.

My take would be to have tradable blueprints (Each Syndicate selling two of six), with untradable Syndicate specific resources (think of them as 'generic parts') similar to Fieldrons/Mutagen Masses/Detonite Injectors, available to purchase from your Syndicate as blueprints (each Syndicate selling some, but not all), and dropped by killsquads complete.

Edited by Kthal

Mods and spectres are already "syndicate tech". Personally I think the field of available weapons is starting to get pretty diluted, I don't think we need six more ways to buy a sword that's a little better than this one but a little worse than that one.

Mods and spectres are already "syndicate tech". Personally I think the field of available weapons is starting to get pretty diluted, I don't think we need six more ways to buy a sword that's a little better than this one but a little worse than that one.

But that's the thing , you can't buy the alert weapons yet  if you're extremely unlucky or busy you may never encounter the alerts at all.

IF Syndicates gain exclusive weapons, they MUST be either tradable or obtainable in other ways, so that everyone can get everything without having to swap Syndicates.

Why? You can't trade Brakk or Detron parts, and those are exclusive weapons. Personally I don't agree with making Syndicate stuff tradable, it cheapens the whole point of "making a choice for what your Tenno stands for?" What's the point if, in the end, you can still get everything that all six Syndicates offer? All you accomplish is determining which Eximuses show up to try to assassinate you.

But that's the thing , you can't buy the alert weapons yet  if you're extremely unlucky or busy you may never encounter the alerts at all.

And if you make the alert weapons buyable, the alerts lose their entire point of existence.

With the introduction of the Heat Sword in the Once Awake questline, I expect that more weapons are going to be put into quests from the alert pool. We'll see...

Why? You can't trade Brakk or Detron parts, and those are exclusive weapons. Personally I don't agree with making Syndicate stuff tradable, it cheapens the whole point of "making a choice for what your Tenno stands for?" What's the point if, in the end, you can still get everything that all six Syndicates offer? All you accomplish is determining which Eximuses show up to try to assassinate you.

I meant more that all Syndicate specific weapons must be obtainable through all Syndicates, albeit indirectly, suggesting that all hostile Syndicate gear be obtainable from the killsquads, while you can freely purchase weapon blueprints from your own chosen faction.

There should be no advantage gained for joining Syndicates one at a time, and cycling through slowly to gain every item. That would force a huge amount of grind onto completionists.

That said, cosmetics such as weapon alternative skins being exclusive is fair game.

Edited by Kthal