Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Frame?

YouMom

The only things I would ask the character designers to change is:

1) Tone down the female butts a lil' bit

2) Tone UP the male butts (specially so that they aren't abstract geometric shapes, or obscured by longcoats)

3) A female tank that actually looks like a tank

If anyone is creating properly looking females, its DE. We already have great diversity among female frames, and there are even muscular types. Ember and Valkyr.

Ember has 15 armor, Valkyr has 600.

Have you ever seen female weight lifters in the olympics? Those are muscular women too. Not all muscular women are the lithe, compact kind.

and there are even muscular types. Ember and Valkyr.

Yeaaaaah no. Their proportions are really the same actually, the only part where Saryn would stand out is the... 'front'. There's Mag and Nova as a difference but in terms of proportion variations there is too little, especially when compared to the males. For the females it just goes from slim to slimmer/smaller.

It's up to DE to say what design goes and while I wouldn't say they have overly sexualized characters they don't actually have a great deal of variation either.

Yeaaaaah no. Their proportions are really the same actually, the only part where Saryn would stand out is the... 'front'. There's Mag and Nova as a difference but in terms of proportion variations there is too little, especially when compared to the males. For the females it just goes from slim to slimmer/smaller.

It's up to DE to say what design goes and while I wouldn't say they have overly sexualized characters they don't actually have a great deal of variation either.

I am not talking about androgynous female body types here. Nor body builder chicks who are having more male hormones than female.

I am talking about women that exercise or are professional sportsmen/women, and have highly defined muscle tone. Because woman will never have same muscle definition as man, its impossible by simple biology. Yes, they can achieve it to a certain degree, but not full definition.

Edited by RoboDoge

I am not talking about androgynous female body types here. Nor body builder chicks who are having more male hormones than female.

I am talking about women that exercise or are professional sportsmen/women, and have highly defined muscle tone. Because woman will never have same muscle definition as man, its impossible by simple biology. Yes, they can achieve it to a certain degree, but not full definition.

Valkyr an Ember are hardly defined, they a have little bit of shape indeed but calling them muscular is exaggerating. And as a matter of fact there are women who do have a considerable ammount of defined muscle mass, yet they don't fall under what I believe most here here are fearing which is 'rhino with bewbs'. In fact their shape wouldn't be too far from slim and easily recognizable as female but they'd have clearly more mass than the general female body archetype.

For the kind of game Warframe is, I think the body types fit quite well. With the exception of Rhino and maybe Frost, Vauban and Saryn, all of the frames are built for agility, as befits a race trained for hit and run operations.

With the addition of the earth frame that was hinted at a few dev streams ago, we might see a female with a more Rhino-esque build.

As for male butts, HAVE YOU SEEN THE EXCALIBUTT? 

II agree with you that a less 'sex appeal' more strength woman would be awesome, but in the end all we really need is a better balance in the Force.To do that, we need more hot guy frames. A few more athletic, proportionate, physically appealing males. Kind of like Excalibur (Ash isn't my taste, thank you). Problem solved.

/thread.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

If you ask me, the male frames are exactly the same - they have armour/suits to match their physique. It's just the style of the game, don't get so worked up about looks.

Also:

I'm seriously the only one who dislikes the notion of a female ash.

No, you are not.

What if I told you... Rhino is female? 

You would lie, the codpiece is clear evidence of opposite.

Have you ever hear of certain shops which sells certain accessories which cater to certain women's preferences, which they strap to themselves so that they can perform certain acts? 

Rhino is female.