The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Primus (No, Not Prime. Yes, I Am Serious.)

cs310

So back when I was sitting in the silent spot, I thought about Warframe, as I tend to do in every free second that I have.

When you're reading through Wiki threads, you can clearly see that the request for excalibur prime is given, and, even though I hate the fact I can totally understand that he (together with Lato and Skana prime) will not be available again.

HOWEVER: What if we just took Excalibur (and maybe Lato and Skana as well), created another prime version of it, and released as Excalibur Primus?

This way, people that want fancy-pants excalibur will get their way, while the original founder's content will remain legacy.

Discuss!

BOY GTFO (im not even a founder and i hate this)

this dose give me an idea for a void skin for Excal thow

Edited by Dis_conected

DE has said on multiple occasions that to do some sort of pseudo-Excalibur replacement would look shady on their part.

Disregarding whether they could or could not legally - they simply won't do it because it would make them look shifty as a company no matter what by trying to figure out some sort of work around so they could 'sort-of' re-release something they said they wouldn't.

You can argue all you want about how they would be two different items, but the principle of the matter does not and will not change. Therefore DE's stance on it does not and will not change.

PS. This idea is as old as the founders program itself. Nothing new has been presented here.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Yes, and you'll just break the trust of every founder, &!$$ off the community, and make yourselves look like complete liars!

I don't know why people think these "lol loophole" ideas are good, you're not solving the problem, you're making it worse.

Never said it should have been implemented. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't a revolutionary idea like the OP seemed to believe. Anyone with a bit of brain could have come up with this.

That if DE wants to release a new set of founder items, they have all the means to do so and not incur in legal consequences by using these loopholes.

And if they did, the Founders would just be forced to bite and deal with it.

Despite whatever people (Both parties.) can say on the forums, it's ultimately their choice.

Edited by Branwyn

Because if there's one thing DE is known for, it's screwing over certain demographics who spend/have spent money on this game.

I actually believe they are acting in a pretty nice way to Founders.

I support their decision to not release the Founder Items again.

But still I firmly believe that people should realize that there's a limit. That they have no saying on a company plans.

That there are things that they should just learn to accept. 

Edited by Branwyn

I'm still of the mind that founders should be able to reverse engineer their founders gear, and trade it if they want. I know many founders who couldn't care less about their Excal prime, and paid just to support DE. I'm also of the mind that DE created this eternal tempest, when they didn't think about what it would mean in the long run.. I'm a hardcore Excalibro, and I would love to have him, because it's a variant of Excal (The mastery wouldn't hurt either), but I understand the deal that was made. Also, consider all the founders that went all QQ, and left the game because their $$ didn't put them on the board of directors. Those Excals are just gathering dust.. Poor things..

Much QQ.

Tally ho..

Huzzah@Excalibur Prius

Edited by Gurzil

I was thinking something like that, except calling it primal instead. It doesn't even have to be similar to the prime, I just want a badass variant of Excalibur. He's my favorite and most used frame, 6 forma into him already. So I would love to have another version that's even more awesome than the original!

Which was my initiate incentive on this trail of thoughts.

Though now that I read this thread, maybe we could just have more buyable skins for Excalibur, just like the Rhino and Vauban Skins from the steam summer event 2014.

Me too. Even though I hate seeing that I will never get sexy Excaliprime.

I actually believe they are acting in a pretty nice way to Founders.

But still I firmly believe that people should realize that there's a limit. That they have no saying on a company plans.

That there are things that they should just learn to accept.

While I agree with this, one thing you have to realize is that with every day the number of founders compared to non-founders shrinks. The more new players, the more angered by the exclusivity. Eventually the ratio will be so high that founders will be insignificant compared to everyone else and DE will risk losing a lot of players over it vs a small chunk of founders.

There's millions of players already, and that number is continuing to grow, DE needs to know that they stand to lose more regular players then founders with their current choice.

Toilet.

I was just thinking this. lol

Anyway, I'm not ok with them releasing variants on Excal prime, but I'd gladly accept anything brand new.

Considering they released new helms for Loki and Nova, I hope they do the same for Excalibur.

I agree. Primus is too close to prime. So instead of that consider this:

Warframe's anniversary is coming up, last time we got the dex furis, how about this time we get Dex Excalibur (or something like that). This would not be a skin like the immortal skin, but a whole new excal model (like the proto excal skin). I think that this would be good. Some may want something that is not event or anniversary exclusive, so, if the whole dex excal thing isn't used, how about offering a vandal version through a quest. We like quests for the most part (*looks angrily at limbo quest interception mission*) and we like vandal stuff, so this may work too (of course copious amounts of handwavium would have to applied for stuff like this). We could even have this special excal be a separate frame, like how primes are separate from normal frames.

There are ways to put out more excal goodies, but i fear that no amount of bonuses that are put out will EVER stop this searching for a loophole to get founder stuff.

Note: I am a founder, but i did not buy a high enough package to get any exclusive stuff, so I want excal prime too, but I understand why this stuff can never be released again.

While I agree with this, one thing you have to realize is that with every day the number of founders compared to non-founders shrinks. The more new players, the more angered by the exclusivity. Eventually the ratio will be so high that founders will be insignificant compared to everyone else and DE will risk losing a lot of players over it vs a small chunk of founders.

There's millions of players already, and that number is continuing to grow, DE needs to know that they stand to lose more regular players then founders with their current choice.

Despite it should be evident by the lack of badge here on the forum, please note I am no founder.

From a very economical point of view, DE selling another round of Founder Packs (Maybe as a Prime Access.) would give them a lot of money.

As you said, a lot of people is playing now. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people would pay even a largely overpriced amount of money for such a thing. I'm sure a scary amount of this forum users would even go as far as  $1000 just to post a trollface aimed at all the founders.

And even if DE would lost the trust of people who had paid for stuff, the keyword is paid, something of the past.

The angered founders could do nothing but leave the game, but they had already paid and the new players could be led toward thinking that someday even the events' items could return as paid content.

And, again, no one could do anything about it.

That said, that's why I respect and approve of their decision.

Because they choose to uphold morals rather than pursue an huge financial gain.

Edited by Branwyn

So rerelease the stuff under a different name? That would be like me retyping The Lord of the Rings trilogy and publishing them as The King of the Rings.

In a word: no.

the hobbit xD

how about we leave excal prime alone and make an entirely new prime! its name. nope prime! its powers are 1)nope 2)nope 3)nope! and 4)nope.jpg 

nope 1 will allow the frame to run away from any situation quickly (faster than volt)

nope 2 will cause enemies to run away and never appear on the map again. (affects the entire map/ would be great in a defense)

nope! will freeze the enemies in place so you can effectively nope on out (works with nope 1 to ensure complete safety)

and nope.jpg will form a protective bubble that is affected by power strength and unaffected by the stalker's dispel. (its a fun picture of a smiley face protecting you!)

Edited by Llelouche

I agree. Primus is too close to prime. So instead of that consider this:

Warframe's anniversary is coming up, last time we got the dex furis, how about this time we get Dex Excalibur (or something like that). This would not be a skin like the immortal skin, but a whole new excal model (like the proto excal skin). I think that this would be good. Some may want something that is not event or anniversary exclusive, so, if the whole dex excal thing isn't used, how about offering a vandal version through a quest. We like quests for the most part (*looks angrily at limbo quest interception mission*) and we like vandal stuff, so this may work too (of course copious amounts of handwavium would have to applied for stuff like this). We could even have this special excal be a separate frame, like how primes are separate from normal frames.

There are ways to put out more excal goodies, but i fear that no amount of bonuses that are put out will EVER stop this searching for a loophole to get founder stuff.

Note: I am a founder, but i did not buy a high enough package to get any exclusive stuff, so I want excal prime too, but I understand why this stuff can never be released again.

The thing is this: no amount of Dex Excaliburs or Dragon Excaliburs will ever make people who want Excalibur Prime happy. They don't want Dex Excalibur, they want Excalibur Prime. Even if you release a dozen variants, it still won't solve that problem. 

That said, that's why I respect and approve of their decision.

Because they choose to uphold morals rather than pursue an huge financial gain.

This.

If they did end up releasing a variant for some reason, I probably wouldn't even buy it; the thought of owning it would make me feel pretty darn bad inside.

the only one here whose just happy with the proto armor skin to make up for it...

that doesn't even begin to make up for it. It's a skin, not a new frame, so the mastery issues still there, plus it's basically a slightly higher quality version of a skin they had already designed so almost no work was needed to put it out there.

The only way to make up for it is to release a frame that only non-founders can have, plus two weapons, or re-release Excalibur prime.