Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennotyper - An English To Warframe Text Translator

Clarvel

This thing is awesome!
And I took the claim that "Tenno: program's translations do not match all examples shown here." as a challenge. Apparently, typing in "Hayden Tenno" actually does translate correctly, they just opted to write it inside of a flowery border (no doubt in reverence to the original character).

I didn't check all of the example texts, but it looks like most of them translate correctly, with the image simply moving things around and adding    ||    in some of the "spaces" between words.

Even if this thing was only correct in 90% of cases, it's still 100% better than what we had before.

It's official! DE_Adam has posted the official Grineer and Corpus ciphers!

https://warframe.com/news/grineer-and-corpus-cipher-revealed

Clarvel should have a decent reference in making this app/program viable for Grineer and Corpus!

Well I know what I'm doing today. Thanks for the heads up.

Just poking my head in here to see if the spacing issues have been resolved yet. :)

Sort of? If it comes out not the way you want let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Any word on a copy+paste function?

Doing so does not seem possible at my level of skill with javascript sadly. (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6164231/copy-html-canvas-to-clipboard-as-image'>more info here)

You can however right click to save the image, then rehost it with imgur or another photo sharing service.

Edited by Clarvel

Updated letters and logic based on the official reference

Added a faint grey background to help distinguish the white background added by the background button.

Added a 'bold' option for the corpus language.

Button options now change based on the language, grineer no longer has an unused button for 'manual override' for example.

Fixed a bug in the cheatsheet new window logic that would remove all content from the cheatsheet window if the button was clicked while a cheatsheet window was already open.

Please let me know if anything has broken. I might redo the grineer letters later, the computer trace was a bit off I think.

I would appreciate if we could use this a copyable text instead of a picture :P. still good work on this.

You're asking me to redo the core functionality of the program to produce text instead of an image? Despite images being much easier to share over the internet?

I mean, I can have it just do the phonetic guessing translation(which many other people have pointed out is very not perfect), but like Briareos said above, I'd also have to make a font and you'd have to send it with the text somehow. This seems very complicated and messy.

• 2 weeks later...

mjss5u.png

It says: "Thank you for this Tenno Typer"

51rejc.png

this one means " I like Pizza"

you know what bugs me though... the grineer have the twin queens yet their alphabet doesnt include Q? so how do they say glory to the ?ueens?

wut?

Essentially, they're saying "Glory to the Kweens."

The Q in their language can be replaced by other letters that sound the very same. Less alphabet clutter lol

haven't read all the comments yet, but make sure not to type things out like they are in English. Tenno is phonetic so type it out phonetically.

By default the web-app tries to guess the phonetic translation. Click the 'manual override' checkbox to override this feature.

• 3 weeks later...

so is this gonna get patterned or copyrighted or whatever? xD

Why would it need to be? I'm not making or plan to make any money off of this and used what I'm assuming are freely given reference material, and the whole project is completely open source on github.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...