Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get The Option To Vote For The Theme Of The Next Warframe?

Mak_Gohae

I think its not cosmetic design that bothers Mak, its the base design of frames. Base concept to say.

As you say bok bok fire chicken is hilarious, and i must agree with you. Her cosmetics are off, but i like them. What is important here that her basic design was good because she was designed as fire mage.

Problem might be in DE wanting to create more complicated basic designs, while forgetting that simpler ones are working just fine.

I think what you really mean is that the older designs were more ambiguous because I really don't think the old frames were simple and the new ones are complicated but rather that the older frames didn't have obvious themes. I still think Ember has an obvious theme and design to her though. She totally looks like a fire chicken or phoenix if you prefer. 

And Mak and anyone else is free to hate on concepts all they want but I can't stand the outright lies and hyperbole that come with their opinions. I like how he joked that DE is probably going to make a rapper frame because we have a magician and a pirate yet ignored the fact that we have a DJ frames with headphones and all before any of the new frames which he protests to much about.

Edited by EetNotErn

So we can get off this weird pirate, magician, cowboy trip we have been having?

These random leaps in themes with no lore seem silly.

At this point it seems like we are watching some Outer Limits/Twilight Zone/Star Trek episode were some super powerful kid alien is just making action figures using living beings and to the beings being used they appear as gods or some such dealy. I also think there was a Transformers episode like this.

Anyway, let use choose the next theme so we can get back to a more serious tone.

Than again... DE may put out some silly choices like.....

Teenaged Vampire that glows when the sun hits them.

Werewolf frame that is in love with the same Tenno the Vampire frame is in love with.

A witch frame....are there witches in those movies? Well, there are these 3 things in the Originals.

And the last option would probably be Elmoframe. Whats the hot thing for kids this season? Adventure Timeframe?

No.

Warframe is DE's game and we're merely users of their product.

While I believe that our input may be useful for them to get a feeling of how the Community is holding, I believe even more that there are limits.

Making a new addition involves a lot of work, balancement, concept designing, graphical rendering. I think DE is entitled upon pursuing what they wish to do, rather to listen to people that's too whiny to quit a game evidently they don't like.

If you buy a comic book series, you read the story as it goes. You don't impose your will on how the story should go or which character should feature. And in the, hopefully rare, cases it happens the story goes down the sink.

We all are players, we all are users.

DE is the developer and they have the last decision upon creativity questions.

That said, I love the slender look on Mirage, Limbo and Calamity. 

Hope the new frame is going like them as well.

I would suggest you to apply. I'm sure you could make a fine designer. /sarcasm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that thread could be resumed as ''I don't like the design of the current frames, neither should you''.

We had a shark, a chicken,a scorpion,a guy with a freaking train head,a DJ(mag if you didn't get it),a rhino and now frame design shock you?

Please...

The thread has nothing to do whether i think they look pretty or not.

The thread is about the theme that they are now choosing from.

The design and the theme of the frames are two different things.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they did. 

You havent because they dont.

In a lineup the only frames that would extremely obvious are the newer set.

The thread has nothing to do whether i think they look pretty or not.

The thread is about the theme that they are now choosing from.

The design and the theme of the frames are two different things.

It's your opinion~~

While we are at it what theme would you suggest?

Frost and Ember's designs are extremely obvious to their roles, Along with Rhino being a tank (which he was originally advertised as).

Off the top of my head, Frost, Ember, Saryn and Volt are all very obvious. And you'd be hard-pressed to put a finger on Mirage's power set just from appearances. 

So no, not really.

I kinda wish they drew more inspiration from science and nature. Like, there are a lot of scientific concepts that are really cool, when viewed from a poetic point of view.

That being said, even though I sort-of agree... *protectively grabs Hydroid and Limbo*

(To this day I can't believe I went from being a Limbo hater to a Limbo lover. It was the legs. I am weak.)

Frost and Ember's designs are extremely obvious to their roles, Along with Rhino being a tank (which he was originally advertised as).

Rhino has always been a CCer.

The only ones referring to him as a tank were the players totally based on one single power.

Off the top of my head, Frost, Ember, Saryn and Volt are all very obvious. And you'd be hard-pressed to put a finger on Mirage's power set just from appearances. 

So no, not really.

Volt? Really, volt screams electricity. Really? Volt is the more generic picture EVER of the depiction of the use of electricity....

I'll give you Ember because of the Phoenix theme is closer to fire but Volt is you really randomly picking a name out of a basket.

And that goes for the others, too.   

Stuff like this does happen you know :)

y6CZWdC.jpg

Did.... did some one suggest stage magician in that thread?

Rhino has always been a CCer.

The only ones referring to him as a tank were the players totally based on one single power.

Volt? Really, volt screams electricity. Really? Volt is the more generic picture EVER of the depiction of the use of electricity....

I'll give you Ember because of the Phoenix theme is closer to fire but Volt is you really randomly picking a name out of a basket.

Did.... did some one suggest stage magician in that thread?

You mean when he had Rhino Stomp which did abysmal damage compared to rhino blast and was only used for CC? Or when his rhino charge was  a reskined, worse version of slash dash? Or during that time Iron skin gave straight up invincibilty for a set time?

Ofcourse, before his change he was a "CC". Because you took him for the rhino stomp CC not the fact that he could pull of charge attacks uninterrupted under the assault of level 80+ infested ancients.

Rift is a place in between the void, limbo can go inbetween this plane and the rift.

Yup, power-wise he fits the theme well as a caster frame. I'm sorry we did not get gandalf the grey.

You mean when he had Rhino Stomp which did abysmal damage compared to rhino blast and was only used for CC? Or when his rhino charge was  a reskined, worse version of slash dash? Or during that time Iron skin gave straight up invincibilty for a set time?

Ofcourse, before his change he was a "CC". Because you took him for the rhino stomp CC not the fact that he could pull of charge attacks uninterrupted under the assault of level 80+ infested ancients.

Rift is a place in between the void, limbo can go inbetween this plane and the rift.

Yup, power-wise he fits the theme well as a caster frame. I'm sorry we did not get gandalf the grey.

Gandalf :(

No Grineer shall pass!

Typhus needs to be put in game asap! it has been long enough I don't like to pay plat for a frame but if redskittlez will get a cut out of plat sales for typhus ill buy him.

the amount of effort and dedication to making that design is admirable, I only with I had that sort of talent I'm very surprised he's not working for DE.

Tenno Its Time...

Vote For Typhus!

Because the coils on his arms, the alt helm with the batteries in it, and the electric arcs constantly flashing around him don't clue you in to his powerset. 

And I'd like to point out everyone thought Mirage was an infested frame when her artwork was first released. 

Edited by vaugahn

Because the coils on his arms, the alt helm with the batteries in it, and the electric arcs constantly flashing around him don't clue you in to his powerset. 

And I'd like to point out everyone though Mirage was an infested frame when her artwork was first released. 

Volt was obviously a fire based frame. 

I could be mistaken, but weren't "Paladin" and "Earth" both themes in that age-old council vote?

No idea I wasn't in the councel at the time, but I think it was Steve said he considers Oberon the earth frame.

Council still votes on new stuff, or did DE completely abandoned you?

Ye just recently Limbos abilities were thought up by the counsel.

No idea I wasn't in the councel at the time, but I think it was Steve said he considers Oberon the earth frame.

Ye just recently Limbos abilities were thought up by the counsel.

I remember it was in a devstream (28 or so? before oberons release). Steve mentioned the newest frame (Oberon) has a alittle bit of earth in him.

Although DE more or less considers him a paladin based on his design and even his description