Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get The Option To Vote For The Theme Of The Next Warframe?

Mak_Gohae

But...he is a SAMURAI.....and his design looks like something that would fit perfectly in this game.

no... His designs look like a fan made design of a "samurai WF". He looks like a generic manga dragon knight hero with a mix of WF aesthetics.

I much prefer the risk taken with character designs like Limbo.

Most fan ideas revolve around cheesy ideas of looking "cool and bad-a, with an attitude". No thanks.

I'm with you on that. Way too cheesy and trying too hard to be edgy fan art designs. When I went to art school, one of the things they try to do is pull people away from that stuff and explore other avenues of creativity. You can still do "cool and bad &#!" but at least do it with some creativity and not look like some cheesy fan art.

I hope the Typhus hype burns to the ground.

It would be rather nice if the concept and basic design did not change every few months..

But no, not particularly wanting Typhus in the game either.

As for the voting?

Yeah, I suppose it would be nice if we could get those other frames that were voted on by the council out of the way as opposed to genderbent versions of Fan Concepts.

Looking at you, Earth/StoneFrame.

I'm with you on that. Way too cheesy and trying too hard to be edgy fan art designs. When I went to art school, one of the things they try to do is pull people away from that stuff and explore other avenues of creativity. You can still do "cool and bad @$$" but at least do it with some creativity and not look like some cheesy fan art.

Cobalt looks cool tho. That frame concept is designed pretty good.

Uh... didn't the last few warframes that came out also get their own bit of lore via their quests? So why are you saying the latest warframes have no lore? They have more lore than the older warframes.

And a gunslinger is far more realistic than, let's say, an ice mage. or a fire mage. or telekinetic mage. or a walking tank. or a paladin. or a- well you get the picture. Suffice it to say, the OP is a hypocrite.

Please no fan ideas like Typhus. I'd rather quirky than generic.

Most fan ideas revolve around cheesy ideas of looking "cool and bad-a, with an attitude". No thanks.

IMO, Limbo and Mesa fits in as a 2nd/3rd generation of WF designs.

If you rather have quirky than generic then doesnt that mean you want fan ideas?

Cause DE is now taking a trips through Generic Park with a cowboy, a magician and her stagehand, a pirate, etc. 

So we can get off this weird pirate, magician, cowboy trip we have been having?

These random leaps in themes with no lore seem silly.

At this point it seems like we are watching some Outer Limits/Twilight Zone/Star Trek episode were some super powerful kid alien is just making action figures using living beings and to the beings being used they appear as gods or some such dealy. I also think there was a Transformers episode like this.

Anyway, let use choose the next theme so we can get back to a more serious tone.

Than again... DE may put out some silly choices like.....

Teenaged Vampire that glows when the sun hits them.

Werewolf frame that is in love with the same Tenno the Vampire frame is in love with.

A witch frame....are there witches in those movies? Well, there are these 3 things in the Originals.

And the last option would probably be Elmoframe. Whats the hot thing for kids this season? Adventure Timeframe?

A werewolf frame... a WITCH frame... you just made my day! We MUST have those!!!

We had a chance to vote before (Design council), but ultimately it won't change anything.

The last we voted and the results were Anti-matter (Nova), Necromancer (Nek) and Berzerker (Valkyr) were tied and then Hawk (Zephyr) as the last place.

All 4 frames still came out eventually. The votes only influenced which is more popular and should appear first.

So even if DE gave you 6 frames to choose from, they will still release them accordingly to popularity.

Edited by fatpig84

We had a chance to vote before (Design council), but ultimately it won't change anything.

The last we voted and the results were Anti-matter (Nova), Necromancer (Nek) and Berzerker (Valkyr) were tied and then Hawk (Zephyr) as the last place.

All 4 frames still came out eventually. The votes only influenced which is more popular and should appear first.

So even if DE gave you 6 frames to choose from, they will still release them accordingly to popularity.

Maybe we can do it differently this time and they should really let us come up with something instead of voting on order of release.

This would be cool, but I think they could up the aesthetics on some of the older frames. Mag, Oberon, Vauban, Valkyr, and Mesa are at that nice tipping point. It's okay to have some over-the-top frames like Hydroid or Limbo, but I think some of the older, somewhat bland designs need a little reworking (Really just Nyx, Excalibur, Ember, and maybe Rhino).

The arguments for this thread can basically be summed up as:

"The new frames are obvious stereotypes, DE let the community decide next theme."

"The old frames were kinda stereotyped too."

"NO, YOU COULD TELL WHAT THE THEME FOR THE OLD FRAMES WERE, THE NEW FRAMES ARE JUST STEREOTYPES."

I don't see the issue here, sure, you can see major differences in the kind of design choices DE have been making for new frames compared to the old frames, that's called game advancement.

The arguments for this thread can basically be summed up as:

"The new frames are obvious stereotypes, DE let the community decide next theme."

"The old frames were kinda stereotyped too."

"NO, YOU COULD TELL WHAT THE THEME FOR THE OLD FRAMES WERE, THE NEW FRAMES ARE JUST STEREOTYPES."

I don't see the issue here, sure, you can see major differences in the kind of design choices DE have been making for new frames compared to the old frames, that's called game advancement.

Game advancement is putting a cowboy a magician and a pirate.

Sorry but that's devolving from the early designs.

I mean, can you tell what Banshee is supposed to be?

Now stuff is so mega blatant is not funny.

.....Typhus....

non-boyfriends-6.gif

Typhus... And Dragon 

The following suggestions won't be at the same level as this.

Even D.E. can't suggest better next frames than these two.

Even Obama would choose them. After asking Chuck Norris first.

Edited by unknow99