Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afraid Of Doing Missions: Death-Squads And Assassins

DSMK2

I confess, I'm actually playing less due to fear of death-squads and assassins; Stalker was bad enough for me (oh god my heart! Remember when he used a Braton Vandal?), but with the new added death-squads, I'm less inclined to do anything!

I could go run with friends (they're not always available) or play with PUGs (not always fun to play with), but I tend to go towards casual solo runs in various locales around the system. I do not like sudden surprises in my runs.

No more casual romps in missions because I killed a boss or made enemies of a Syndicate, gotta have at least one powerful gun with me at all times, fear of flickering lights both in-game and real life...

So...

In some general threads I've seen: For assassins, could we get quests to unlock missions that allow us to hunt and kill assassins who have marks on us?

- Stalker: Find him/her/it in a special Orokin Void tileset

- Grustrag Three: Invade their holding cells

- Zanuka Hunter: Intercept it's transport

Or at the very least, though the Syndicates, buy pardons and trade/use them to remove marks. Red Veil for Stalker, Steel Meridian for G3, and Perrin Sequence for Zanuka.

In regards to death-squads, I would like to see territories of control for each syndicate. I.E. Operating on Earth will tend to cause New Loka's deaths-quads to spawn, nowhere else.

Or once again... Have a friend in an opposing Syndicate pardon you temporarily.

It really depends on what syndicate squad comes after you.  They are VERY unbalanced.  Some are stupidly easy, others like New Loka(grappling hook spam), can be a pain in the &#!. 

Personally I look forward for them showing up.  Though I suppose the pardoning idea would help some people out if it is a problem for them. 

I'm always slightly leary when I'm ranking up a primary.

Because that's the only time, ever, that the Stalker decides to go after me. EVER.

I distinctly remember the other day that I was trying to kill the Stalker from across one of the larger Grineer galleon tiles, with my Detron of all things, because I had a completely unranked Tiberon, just forma'd moments before. :\

This sort of thing may help in avoiding such nonsense, and also make getting the things they drop a little  less RNG-grindy, IMO.

I mean there is nothing to be afraid of. 

You get killed by the stalker then grats you have either lost a revive or the mission, to a founder none are even remotely important.

You die to the G3 then you have lost the mission and some resources to remove the pesky bolt, again founder what even are some resources to you.

You get captured by Zanuka then you have lost a mission and get to play a cool stealth(ish) escape mission. 

I mean there is nothing to be afraid of. 

You get killed by the stalker then grats you have either lost a revive or the mission, to a founder none are even remotely important.

You die to the G3 then you have lost the mission and some resources to remove the pesky bolt, again founder what even are some resources to you.

You get captured by Zanuka then you have lost a mission and get to play a cool stealth(ish) escape mission. 

Logically, that's true; but for me, their appearance is often fairly jarring, akin to painful anxiety when I open a report card or receive a graded test back. I like the idea of assassins in the Warframe-verse... But I'd really like some control over when and where said assassins (and deaths-squads!) appear.

Or they could just make Assassins/Death Squads fun in the sense that we have a fair chance at beating them without needing to OHKO them or exploit terrain... 

Would be really cool if death-squads came in like an invasion mission, with slightly-higher-level-than-normal unique unit types and all; as opposed to a bunch of weak or ungodly strong eximus units... That would make them fun.

Edited by DSMK2

It really depends on what syndicate squad comes after you.  They are VERY unbalanced.  Some are stupidly easy, others like New Loka(grappling hook spam), can be a pain in the @$$. 

Personally I look forward for them showing up.  Though I suppose the pardoning idea would help some people out if it is a problem for them. 

the grapple spam isn't that bad it's when 9 venomous exumi pop up that things kinda go well bad

Logically, that's true; but for me, their appearance is often fairly jarring, akin to painful anxiety when I open a report card or receive a graded test back. I like the idea of assassins in the Warframe-verse... But I'd really like some control over when and where said assassins (and deaths-squads!) appear.

Then all I can say is walk softly and carry a big gun. 

Or they could just make Assassins/Death Squads fun in the sense that we have a fair chance at beating them without needing to OHKO them or exploit terrain... 

Yeah, I don't know about the Syndicate enemies, I haven't run into them, but the assassins are annoying. In all of my playtime, I think the only time I ever saw Stalker killed was when I was dead and out of Revives. >_> I've gotten close on numerous occasions, but for whatever reason they decided it made sense for him to be a coward that instantly goes invincible when he's downed whoever he wanted, no matter how the battle was going. And considering his teleports and such when hunting that target, it seems like a gamble whether or not you get him, not a challenge. Unless you just have a really broken gun which, again, isn't him being a challenge. Fighting him should be an epic duel, not a cheap exploit.

Edited by Jokubas

All these squads are max rank units, right?

So maybe the squads should only attack when you are using frames rank 25 and above.

At that point you should be powerful enough to take them.

I am convinced that these squads have an increased chance to attack when you're running low level equipment. I'll run maxed gear for months at a time, and the Stalker never shows, but, the first time I run a new gun, lights start flickering.

I have 4 suggestions to improve this concept:

1) I know Stalker is supposed to be the stealthiest, but seriously give me some indication of where he is.  He's spawned directly behind me every time I've tried to fight him, and often he one-shot kills me.

2) If the Grustrag 3 capture you, give us the stealth mission that we get for Zanuka.  That bolt is seriously annoying.  Neurodes are hard enough to come by, let alone getting harassed and having to remove the stupid bolt.

3) Have hit squads different spawn animations.  Right now, they have that black strobe effect that Stalker has.  That's seriously jarring.

4) Have hit squads drop rare resources when we defeat them.  They're all level 30+ eximus enemies for crying out loud.  Give us something for our trouble; Orokin cells, neurodes, Neural sensors...something!

Just speaking as an aside to the OP here:

In the end all you're going to lose is a single revive. Why are you scared?

Illogical fear of the unexpected (and unknown); the flickering entrance makes me lose my nerve:

- Why now when I'm enjoying myself?

- Where are they coming from?

- How hard will they hit?

- etc

I jump (literally) when after I think I've cleared a room, a mook pops out of a corner just as I pass by.

The only solution so far is to have contemporary music playing to break up the atmosphere. When do I get past that, most of my assassins are irradiated and dead. Though, I'll be tense for the rest of the mission with my heart beating, have to take a break after that.

---

So, temporary pardons for Syndicate death-squads from friends at the cost of standing.

I would be much more happier if they came into a mission invasion like, with their own unique mook type mixed with death-squad elites. It feels like it doesn't make sense that the Syndicates, what I perceive as minor factions, can easily teleport/transport troops into a hotzone, or a far off Orokin tower/derelict.

Edited by DSMK2

I fully understand your stance here OP, I to used to feel the same.

Now I've stopped caring, if they come then so be it.

I also carry a maxed out Brakka Obama just incase. 

Then again you should feel scared about helping one over the other, you don't make it to the top without making a coupe of enemies 

And this is why I'm not understanding the complaints about Limbo....except, of course, the banishing teammates thing, I can see that being a pain.

Thankfully DE already allows players to unbanish themselves now, but they're still working towards allowing players to pick up items in Cataclysm.

Illogical fear of the unexpected (and unknown); the flickering entrance makes me lose my nerve:

- Why now when I'm enjoying myself?

- Where are they coming from?

- How hard will they hit?

- etc

I jump (literally) when after I think I've cleared a room, a mook pops out of a corner just as I pass by.

The only solution so far is to have contemporary music playing to break up the atmosphere. When do I get past that, most of my assassins are irradiated and dead. Though, I'll be tense for the rest of the mission with my heart beating, have to take a break after that.

---

So, temporary pardons for Syndicate death-squads from friends at the cost of standing.

I would be much more happier if they came into a mission invasion like, with their own unique mook type mixed with death-squad elites. It feels like it doesn't make sense that the Syndicates, what I perceive as minor factions, can easily teleport/transport troops into a hotzone, or a far off Orokin tower/derelict.

This is a viable fear and understandable. Paranoia can instantly ruin anyone's enjoyment, and I've already got a taste of it thanks to the stalker. Luckily I had friends with me when he came, but now I'm afraid he'll appear while I'm alone, and I'm still not very strong (I only have a few supercharged weapons currently, and just 2 warframes)

Edited by BloodyKunoichi

Would be really cool if death-squads came in like an invasion mission, with slightly-higher-level-than-normal unique unit types and all; as opposed to a bunch of weak or ungodly strong eximus units... That would make them fun.

If you don't like action happening maybe a game full of space ninja murder isn't for you.

It's not Stalker/G3/Zanuka I have a problem with, it's the syndicate death squads. Seriously, they're too good. What's a real letdown is when I'm playing with lower-ranked players who still have bratons and skanas and out of nowhere there's level 35 eximus all over the place and they're all dead.

And it's my fault ;_;

It's not Stalker/G3/Zanuka I have a problem with, it's the syndicate death squads. Seriously, they're too good. What's a real letdown is when I'm playing with lower-ranked players who still have bratons and skanas and out of nowhere there's level 35 eximus all over the place and they're all dead.

And it's my fault ;_;

You are a monster (joking)

I agree wtih OP and the general word everyone else had...but i remember reading "give us a reward" and honestly...i think we SHOULD have a reward.

the SAME way we have a reward with the stalker..the death squads should give us SOMETHING upon death.

and to answer another...me and my friend were "hunting" stalker...we had like a 10.5% chance over all ( cause we killed the hellout of some bosses) and we were even doing corpus missions.....but we were packin. all lvl 30 weapons/frames aaaaaaand over 100 missions? Not one stalker

so progress a day forward. i decided to forma my snipetron...........GUESS WHO SHOWS UP. THE MOTHER @(*()$ STALKER!

which makes me believe its COMPLETELY rigged. as this happened not once but TWICE in the same set of variables.